Sponsored By:

NEW to me 2013 CD PAS & Rear Cam Gridlines Qs

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 09:08 PM
AdBlue
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEW to me 2013 CD PAS & Rear Cam Gridlines Qs

My new to me 2013 CD is my first Porsche and I'm enjoying it very much. Thanks to the forums for steering me to diesel to avoid transfer case issues (fingers crossed). I did add the VW dipstick as well.

I have some general questions I was hoping some of ya'll can help me with.

1) My car has:
8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control with Porsche Active Safe (PAS)

ACC works but how do I test PAS to make sure it works. I've had car for a few months. My car has never intervened, beeped, applied breaks, etc unless ACC was engaged. Is there a way to test it without risking an accident. I've tried but I always chickened out. Does it mean it isn't working or I just chickened out too early. How aggressive is PAS in your cars? Is there settings I can verify are there to make sure that feature is turned on? Anywhere I see to turn it on is on.

2) My rear back up camera works and my parking sensors work (rear only). But my gridlines ARE MISSING! I've turned them on and off, defaulted the PCM, generally fiddled. No gridlines, not even straight gridlines that don't detect steering angle and curve on the screen as you turn wheel. Another potentially related but generally inconsequential issue is that if I'm fiddling in the rear camera settings and manually select to display camera the screen goes black, no picture, no gridlines, no nothing. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks,

2013 CD Blue

Last edited by AdBlue; 11-22-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:37 PM
AdBlue
Track Day

Found attached in dash menu. Still no idea if its working.

PAS Settings
Old 11-24-2020, 04:34 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by AdBlue
Still no idea if its working.
What are you expecting it to do?
Old 11-25-2020, 08:17 AM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 315 Posts

New to me.
I did not even know the Diesels had these options.

Congratulations on your Porsche.
Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:34 AM
AdBlue
Track Day

Other similar systems, when it detects an impending collision will beep or vibrate steering wheel (prewarning) and eventually if no action is taking apply the brakes to stop the car. Not sure what the Porsche is supposed to do but I had a close one yesterday and the system didn't do anything which leads me to continue to believe that it isn't working.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:10 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Congrats. You have a rare bird. Diesel with ACC is almost nonexistent. Where did you find this rare CD ?
Old 12-07-2020, 11:23 AM
AdBlue
Track Day

Originally Posted by 911-997
Congrats. You have a rare bird. Diesel with ACC is almost nonexistent. Where did you find this rare CD?
I didn't realize how rare it was when I was looking. It had most of the features I wanted and was close to home and I made a deal.

But I looked on AT and you're quite right. In the US, of the 53 CD's listed, I don't see a single one with verifiable ACC (the only one marked with the feature doesn't have the right CC stalk. Checked VIN anyway. No ACC.).

Found in North Jersey on a used car lot but was a Boston [area] originally. Thanks for the info, makes me feel like I didn't overpay by a grand or so. I did not do a very thorough job inspecting it before because and it was a little rougher than I expected. Replaced window switch panel on drivers side and a rear door pull handle that was broken / loose. Still can use some interior refurb and for sure dent and ding repair or a whole paint job but I probably won't do that.

--AdBlue
Old 12-08-2020, 06:58 AM
Al Faromeo
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I recently got beeped at by my little piglet (2011 CD) when a car in front of me slowed down to a crawl for no discernable reason and I was slow to react.
I knew about my little piglet having ACC, but was unaware of the prewarning. Now I know. And it works.

And I can relate to chickening out when trying this - I was really slow in reacting when it happened so the car in front got really much to close for comfort.
My advice: enjoy the car, don't try this out, drive as if you didn't have it, use your eyes and ears, your intelligence and skills to do the right thing and pray you never need it.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:13 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Can you try testing it with something like a beach ball? :P
Old 12-08-2020, 04:03 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
Can you try testing it with something like a beach ball? :P
Or maybe a wall of cardboard boxes?
The following users liked this post:
Eskimo1 (12-09-2020)
Old 03-27-2021, 03:00 PM
AdBlue
Track Day

If you are still looking for a CD with ACC there is one that I found through AT. The dealer site doesn't mention ACC but vin decoder says yes:
Porsche Warwick 2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Old 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
AdBlue
Track Day

Not to bring back a dying thread but I had a close call and no beeps or braking from my Porsche. I have a steering issue to sort out first but I may bring it to a Porsche dealer to make sure the coding/pwis is setup correctly.

Last edited by AdBlue; 03-27-2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: NEW to me 2013 CD PAS & Rear Cam Gridlines Qs