Sponsored By:

intermittent whining sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 12:34 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Originally Posted by driven991.1
So my 958.2 TTS when reversing grinds, also when accelerating around 20-60 jerks. Whats the internet diagnostics? Where in So.Cal are you?

Cheers.
AM
Post a video of the sound
Old 05-16-2023, 04:47 AM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,
you appear to be the expert. What could this be?

Mine is a TTS. Just 18 days ago I had oil change, control arm bushing change and oil cooler change $2700 later I noticed the noise the next time I drove it, here is a vide of it as well.

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Front diff or the power Steering pump or PDCC pump. If you live in So Cal, bring it by my home.

Now in park, turn the steering wheel and rev the car. Does it make noise then?
Old 05-16-2023, 02:09 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

You have a turbo S so you have PDCC.

1. Check all fluids, both power steering and PDCC.
2. Check the PDCC hose under the radiator and see if it's bolted in place. Changing the oil cooler, then most likely moved it out of the way.
3. See if the sound changes with movement of the steering wheel.

Sounds like the PDCC pump to me. I had this same sound and had it replaced and the noise went away. Before you do that, go under the car and see if those hoses are bolted in place and then look a that cooler and see if it can be replaced without touching those PDCCC lines. I can't remember even though I was just under my car last week. Then bleed your PDCC system with a diagnostic tool.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:32 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 278 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...e-a-fix-2.html post #22
Old 05-17-2023, 06:32 PM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi sir,
thanks so much for the info. I am not an expert on car maintenance. see blow please.
see b
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
You have a turbo S so you have PDCC.

1. Check all fluids, both power steering and PDCC. PDCC fluid is there another container? The fluid in steering pump container is above minimum.
2. Check the PDCC hose under the radiator (where any instructions or pictures) and see if it's bolted in place. Changing the oil cooler, then most likely moved it out of the way. (What I am suspecting) Hope I am not charged again. Just paid 2K for it alone.
3. See if the sound changes with movement of the steering wheel. (No not when its standing still)

Sounds like the PDCC pump to me. (assume its 1K in parts only? I had this same sound and had it replaced and the noise went away. Before you do that, go under the car and see if those hoses are bolted in place (where - would be great if you can share pictures? here is my email Driven996@gmail.com and then look a that cooler and see if it can be replaced without touching those PDCCC lines. I can't remember even though I was just under my car last week. Then bleed your PDCC system with a diagnostic tool.
Thanks.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Dr.Pepper958.2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have something similar that started this morning........I just dumped $2600 in breaks and tires......I guess Im thankful for my Bose

Quick Reply: intermittent whining sound