Sponsored By:

Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 04:44 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 194 Posts
Default Air Filter

Is the Mahle Lx2024 filter the same as the Porsche OEM 958 110 130 00? The Mahle is half the price of OEM on amazon. Just want to make sure I am getting oem quality. The oem is $15 less on amazon than the dealer.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Mahle is an OEM supplier to Porsche so you should be good to go. Pelican Parts also shows two different Mahle filters (heavy duty & standard) but the pictures are the same for both items. Either way, unless you are in a severe environment the standard filter will be good. Personally, I've used both Mahle and Mann filters depending on the prices at the time.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:56 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback. I thought they might be the same. When I changed the cabin filter the brand on it was Mahle.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:05 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,010 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Mahle
Mann
OEM

I use all three and they are all pretty much the same
Old 04-09-2019, 12:59 AM
RomSL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is OEM filter I replaced recently.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:01 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M
Mahle is an OEM supplier to Porsche so you should be good to go. Pelican Parts also shows two different Mahle filters (heavy duty & standard) but the pictures are the same for both items. Either way, unless you are in a severe environment the standard filter will be good. Personally, I've used both Mahle and Mann filters depending on the prices at the time.
I ordered through Pelican - and they sent me one of each (despite ordering the standard) - the difference is - the heavy duty has a sheet of thin foam rubber glued to the input side of the filter. It pulls right off - which is what I did.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:56 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Install the Mahle filters. Really appears to be the oem filter.

Name:  photo370.jpg
Views: 6089
Size:  752.0 KB
Old 02-01-2020, 07:44 PM
dbonds
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I ordered through Pelican - and they sent me one of each (despite ordering the standard) - the difference is - the heavy duty has a sheet of thin foam rubber glued to the input side of the filter. It pulls right off - which is what I did.
For anyone curious - here's the difference between "regular" (top) and "heavy duty" (filter in middle and box on bottom of pic) that has the "foam" that Don mentioned..

Just changed my filters out today and went ahead and left the foam in place, figuring the additional filtration might be better for the motor (with maybe a sliver less power). Will see if I notice any difference in mileage or the butt-dyno. :-)

Old 02-01-2020, 10:02 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,010 Likes on 1,782 Posts

^^That gives me an idea.

I stopped using K&N filters long time ago when it was proven that they allow more dirt to pass through than an OEM filter. I wonder if I took a pair of K&N filters and placed a piece of foam on the intake side of the filter. Might help with the dirt and both are totally washable.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:11 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
^^That gives me an idea.

I stopped using K&N filters long time ago when it was proven that they allow more dirt to pass through than an OEM filter. I wonder if I took a pair of K&N filters and placed a piece of foam on the intake side of the filter. Might help with the dirt and both are totally washable.
This is exactly what I do on my duel webers with k&n filters. I use pre filters. I have k&ns in the cayenne with no pre filters. I don't live on a dirt road, and no plans for DAKAR. UNI sells their foam by the sheet. https://unifilter.com/online-catalog/accessories/

Old 02-03-2020, 07:39 PM
BrewDude
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Buy an Afe and never worry again.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-31-10...y-s-air-filter

Reusable, washable, and doesn't need to be coated in oil for filtration. Peace of mind for your MAF.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewDude
Buy an Afe and never worry again.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-31-10...y-s-air-filter

Reusable, washable, and doesn't need to be coated in oil for filtration. Peace of mind for your MAF.
what maf?
Old 02-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
^^That gives me an idea.

It's actually not uncommon for off-road racers to do that - I had a UNI foam "pre-filter" covering the cone filter on my rock buggy - I'd wash it with water and you could see the dirt it trapped.. (and you're absolutely right about K&N's allowing more dirt than OEM!)

Quick Reply: Air Filter