Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Modified Cayenne S (Thread Under Construction)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 12:17 AM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Modified Cayenne S (Thread Under Construction)

This is a work in progress want to share some pics of my Cayenne S I purchased summer 17 completely changed this truck since I’ve purchased it.

Fully modded CS

Cayenne Exhaust

Navi Screen

OEM 2012 CS no mod

B

H

B

B

h

b

b

B

B

B

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 03-23-2019 at 01:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gahalt (09-16-2024)
Old 03-22-2019, 01:10 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

What does "fully modded" mean?

Appearance? Bolt ons?

My definition of a "fully modded" would be engine work to max potential without replacement, full exhaust, add every missing option, etc....

Do you have a list of mods? Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. I really dig the all backout.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:43 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice mods!
Love the exhaust note!
Old 03-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

am I the only one that preferred it before all the appearance mods?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:13 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Yes
Old 03-22-2019, 01:16 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
[left]

This is a work in progress want to share some pics of my Cayenne S I purchased summer 17 completely changed this truck since I’ve purchased it.

Hey, how did you like the CarPlay versus the vertical screen? My understanding is that the original works better retaining all Porsche functions.

Do you still have the modified pcm?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:20 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
No. Another NJ Cayenne owner who really doesn't like a lot of "mods" people do to their Porsche. A lot of them remind me of slapping a Vtec emblem on the back of a Corrola.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:49 PM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I do dig the black rims and the Tesla style Android screen. Other than that, I just stick to my original vanilla CS.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:07 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
What does "fully modded" mean?

Appearance? Bolt ons?

My definition of a "fully modded" would be engine work to max potential without replacement, full exhaust, add every missing option, etc....

Do you have a list of mods? Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. I really dig the all backout.
Thread is under construction like mentioned

Originally Posted by MIK911
Nice mods!
Love the exhaust note!
It sounds so nice very aggressive but only maybe 25% louder then a GTS I think

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
Hey, how did you like the CarPlay versus the vertical screen? My understanding is that the original works better retaining all Porsche functions.

Do you still have the modified pcm?
I still have the modified PCM somewhere. Both car plays function and act exactly the same you retain a couple menu screens with the OEM PCM but nothing you need I’ll try and get a picture of the Tesla Style screen showing you which menu options remain.

Originally Posted by deilenberger
No. Another NJ Cayenne owner who really doesn't like a lot of "mods" people do to their Porsche. A lot of them remind me of slapping a Vtec emblem on the back of a Corrola.
I don’t think this one at all should remind of that, technically the 21in wheels are OEM, all performance mods are based on the 4.8 GTS tune and fabspeed pipe and custom exhaust are great, tail lights are GTS OEM, headlights are the quad LED lights I’ve been thru 3 different sets of muffler tips and the black trunk strip is OEM. The Tesla Screen is much more current then our old screen.

my my biggest regret is the yellow calipers I should have listened to you in one of my other threads.
what I will be doing is upgrading the front rotors n calipers to 390mm and then taking my current front calipers and rotors and putting them on the rear.

I do most of the work myself saving plenty of $$$
Old 03-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Apex_It
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like all the mods. Looks better than stock. Not entirely sure about the sound, I'd have to hear it in person. As is usual with exhaust videos, probably doesn't do it justice. The tablet addition is a little funky.

However, what I didn't like, is the ridiculous video chasing the Ferrari. Racing around in traffic to do a ricer flyby in a vehicle that's not fast in any way is utterly pointless and childish. /rant
Old 03-22-2019, 04:06 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Apex_It
I like all the mods. Looks better than stock. Not entirely sure about the sound, I'd have to hear it in person. As is usual with exhaust videos, probably doesn't do it justice. The tablet addition is a little funky.

However, what I didn't like, is the ridiculous video chasing the Ferrari. Racing around in traffic to do a ricer flyby in a vehicle that's not fast in any way is utterly pointless and childish. /rant
Agree completely on the video.

The exhaust is full custom. Fabspeed downpipes with a new muffler system which was way to loud when it was new, - I didn’t waste time letting it break in so I cut into the fabspeed pipes and added dual HiFlo resonators by welding them on and now it sounds fantastic.

The Screen is great for navigation and YouTube and fits perfectly.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:32 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
my my biggest regret is the yellow calipers I should have listened to you in one of my other threads.
what I will be doing is upgrading the front rotors n calipers to 390mm and then taking my current front calipers and rotors and putting them on the rear.
Glad to hear that. They really should be red.. that would be fine with the 390mm front setup - just like a turbo has if it doesn't have ceramic rotors. I'll be curious how it works out putting the front calipers/rotors on the rear. I can't say I can recall anyone doing that. I think you should stay in touch with Petza..

BTW - another forum (BMW the M3Forum) had a very strict rule against any street racing videos after we had a kid kill himself making one. Any that appeared were immediately deleted and the poster got dinged an infraction. We (AFAIK) don't have that policy here, but posting public street racing videos is really not a good thing, nor is public street racing (although I'll admit to once in while being the first away from a light by several car lengths in the Porsche and many tractor-trailer lengths on my bike.. but once I get to NJ nominal cruising speed* I'll happily set back and let whoever wants to pass me do so.)

* = NJ Nominal Cruising Speed - that speed at which an LEO doesn't turn his head when you go by (unless you own an Imola RED M3 convertible.. 50mph in a 45? Com'on..) The white Cayenne is great - raised the NJ Nominal by about 5MPH, LEO's figure it's a soccer mom.. Generally the NJ Turnpike has the highest NJ Nominal.. about 85 indicated (83 actual according to GPS), Garden State 2nd place at around 80MPH for most of it.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
GBPCooper
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hi man,

Loving the mods. I have done something very similar with my 958. I have a couple questions for you.

What tune did you go with?
Whose air filter did you use?
Was it hard to install those headlights?

I have the fabspeed cat delete, tubi exhaust system, painted my calipers yellow, quad black tips. It is and to see them in the picture. I am going to paint my S yellow.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:22 AM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Love the mods and glad to see someone customising the car to what they like. I have a ‘15 CS with a ton of options- but I still think there are things I want to improve fix etc. Honestly many times dealer work is shoddy- I’m constantly pointing things out even at several well known dealers, so it’s great to see how others fix things- taking the time to do it right. Great build!

Too many owners have no clue but to click on ordering options and drive it to the dealer for even the simplest things. I can do the same with my $$ but prefer the zen of working with my hands like I did as a teenager when I could not afford to pay a mechanic. Now it’s enjoyable and satisfying..

Quick Reply: My Modified Cayenne S (Thread Under Construction)