Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Air Suspension Not Possible : I will defeat it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 04:02 PM
grantrr
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Raudi Driver. I'm getting the 0284 code on my Macan I just got. I don't notice any corners lower than others, but got a yellow error light for the suspension on the dash with a "possible to drive carefully" warning. Was gonna take it from UT to CA today, but going to leave it and take the Panamera instead as I don't want to be stuck with a car on bump stops if it turns out the air compressor is shot. Obviously height adjustment modes don't work, but I coulda sworn I heard the "brrrrrrrrrrr" of the air compressor going when I turned the ignition on. Anything worth checking here to diagnose? (0334 went away after clearing, 0284 returns)

Old 11-05-2020, 06:38 PM
grantrr
Banned

In addition to the above info I noted the following: When I get in the car, turn the ignition on, close all the doors (no engine so I can hear everything) and select the low setting on the suspension, I just shows that the car is lowering on the gauge cluster indefinitely.

Does off-road-mode raise it? Because I press that and nothing happens.

Interestingly though when I go to the rear hatch and press the down/up buttons there for loading, the vehicle lowers and rises appropriately. When it's lowering, I hear a "brrrrr" from under the chassis as it's doing so, and only air whooshing when its rising.

I'm assuming the "brrrrrrrr" (poor description I know) is the compressor working?

Is maybe my valve block broken and not letting air in/out of the front axles?

Just spitballing admittedly.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:15 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 140 Posts

I'll bump this thread again

codes in image and this one 257 Pressure sensor, signal line short circuit to B+ This was present with the old and the new valve block.

Replaced all 4 Bilstein's compressor, relay, and Arnott valve block did to fix the 257 code. compressor seems to be running intermittently while driving new relay has an audible click.

Still getting the yellow chassis failure and the red chassis failure one too
Car wont got to high level 2

Last edited by jayi836; 09-17-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:00 PM
grantrr
Banned

I went through hell with this. Turns out all the compressors I was buying from RMT, while even though they said they were for a Macan, were actually a part number that cross referenced to a Tiguan or something. Put a factory porsche compressor in there and it sorted it. Hopefully that helps. It's such a nightmare to deal with
The following 2 users liked this post by grantrr:
audilyfe42 (10-05-2021), jayi836 (09-17-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 05:29 AM
audilyfe42
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

when it comes to electronics from Porsche ( as in even mechanical or hydraulic electronics such as air compressors) they seem to only work with Porsche branded parts.

for mechanical parts or check valve parts or parts that are plastic and non electrical, most Audi and VW parts are interchangeable, but when the part has an electronic side to it, is when there is issues if not OEM.
The following users liked this post:
lml999 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 07:22 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok so just got a new to me Cayenne S 2013. It says chassis failure. It goes down to loading level and a level above it. But besides that it wont rise. Lights flicker constantly and message appears "Not Possible"
Couple of faults come up on my buddies Autel Maxiscan
P1695 Electrical fault in generator
C1208A Check PASM control unit fault memory content
Old 10-05-2021, 10:55 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by virkdoc
Ok so just got a new to me Cayenne S 2013. It says chassis failure. It goes down to loading level and a level above it. But besides that it wont rise. Lights flicker constantly and message appears "Not Possible"
Can the scanner read the system pressure and volume?
My first guess is a small leak in the system, some of the N2 leaked out over time there are several diagnostics but you need a PIWIS or equal.
I may have a Level/PASM ECU if needed.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:55 AM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by virkdoc
The second fault is a reactionary fault.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:32 AM
dg1981
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new to this forum have been searching for an answer which I can't seem to find including speaking with two 955 Turbo owners with lifted air rides...

I've had my car torn apart for several months (260k miles, really needed some things combed through) and that includes the doors and rear hatch removed. My question: is it possible to get the air ride to operate with the doors off? I need the car to lift itself back to normal height, its been sitting for months...
Old 10-07-2021, 07:54 AM
audilyfe42
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dg1981
Hi, new to this forum have been searching for an answer which I can't seem to find including speaking with two 955 Turbo owners with lifted air rides...

I've had my car torn apart for several months (260k miles, really needed some things combed through) and that includes the doors and rear hatch removed. My question: is it possible to get the air ride to operate with the doors off? I need the car to lift itself back to normal height, its been sitting for months...
you will need to fool the vehicle into the thinking all the doors are closed, and the hatch as well.

the air ride does not work without closed doors

it gives you an error message every single time, saying door open
Old 01-07-2022, 11:49 PM
kvec
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonm
Can anyone confirm the location for replacing the compressor relay? Also if replacing value block - can that be done as DIy or is dealer needed?
+1. @knfeparty , how hard was the valve block swap? Did you DIY it?
Old 10-16-2022, 11:37 AM
Jonakamikaze
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 2011

I have the same fault as you, I have a new compressor and new valve block. But when I unlock the car I hear the compressor turning and sometimes the "brrrrrtptptpt" sound can be heard and for me that's the compressor turning against a closed valve and I guess that's the valve to the tank. When driving the "Not possible" comes on sometimes and I guess for the same reason that the valve doesn't open. I will try to check the wiring first and then change the valve block again. The suspension works otherwise in all directions, but the other thing is that the car lose height over night on all 4 corners, and it's exactly the same in every corner, I have hard to think that all struts are leaking exactly the same amount?
Old 10-16-2022, 12:10 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Isolate the shocks for a night by putting the suspension in service mode
Old 10-17-2022, 12:07 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by garrett376
If you want some advice, I'd go for the "low hanging fruit": get a known working compressor and replace your "tampered with" one; hopefully whomever you got it from will warrant that part.
Agreed, compressor should not sound labored I had (2) bad ones from RMT and struck gold with an eBay unit.
Proper calibration is key after these repairs.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:30 AM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Great thread, glad it was bumped.

All this talk of nitrogen fill, given how much these systems leak, even slowly, I'd be surprised if anyone who hasn't serviced their air suspension has any nitrogen left.

Mine definitely can't, if I leave it in high mode one corner drops in an hour so it will have to constantly refill

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Not Possible : I will defeat it.