Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension - Incl in which Option Pkgs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 03:31 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Not trying to Hijack but is it rare for a CD to have Air Suspension? Looking for a CD in addition to my CTTS and I want the Air Suspension. Looked at 20 of them so far and all Steel Springs.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Tom_T
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
Not trying to Hijack but is it rare for a CD to have Air Suspension? Looking for a CD in addition to my CTTS and I want the Air Suspension. Looked at 20 of them so far and all Steel Springs.
I know a couple of locals with `13 & `14 CDs - one has Air, & the other not.

As with any options, the highly optioned Cayennes in general are somewhat more rare, except that the GTS, Turbo & Turbo S had the Air included with that higher end model.

However, the dealers had/have the option of ordering their in-stock cars with whatever options & colors they feel will sell best, as well as with the best profit margin & options have a higher profit per dollar.

You're just doing the opposite search culling on a CD, as I am on a CS.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////
Old 08-28-2016, 07:12 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom_T
Thanx for the tip on the switches Rick!

I have seen a few in the 08-10 era, & more so in the later 11-14 CS's.

BTW - that looks like a pretty steep ramp to get your C-GTS up on the lift in your avatar pic!

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Tom, no problem getting on the lift with air suspension.

I am sure you know how searches play out. When you decide to give up, one will surface. One problem with being selective, the odometers click away while you are looking. Before too long 957s for sale will register 100K mi. There are many on CL well north of 100K mi.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:14 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom_T
Although we preferred that 6 month only Iceland Silver (silvery light blue metallic) paint color only available on the `06 CS Titanium Ed., the coolant pipes lawsuit settlement shutting out new owners after 12/2015 & the improvements made in other items for `08> moved us from that era.
Sorta like:

That was my 2006, CS/Tit in Iceland Silver Metallic - which was an impossible to find paint code until I found out it was actually a VW color and not uncommon on VWs. It didn't have the air suspension, although I saw a number of **** that did..

It was a great car once Porsche CPO got finished with it. Once I had it perfect I had to move on to the next project..
Old 08-29-2016, 01:10 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Ok, I looked at the 2013 brochure that I kept. In the Cayenne S, the air suspension is included in the premium package plus. That seems to be the only reference that I can find.

Quick Reply: Air suspension - Incl in which Option Pkgs?