Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 04:20 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear that. My reverse camera video is becoming increasingly garbled. I just purchased a third camera to see if that might help solve the problem. The answer to your question is on the first post of this thread:

"USB Debugging is password protected.
Resolved: The password is "john@tw-desktop". Credit to @nikko82

What is the Factory Reset / Developer Options password?
Resolved: 7890

What is the Extra Settings password?
Resolved: 123456
Note: Do NOT change the resolution of the head unit. You will destroy your unit. However it is reversible.
"
Old 06-21-2017, 08:43 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by nodoors
Damn, sorry to hear that. My reverse camera video is becoming increasingly garbled. I just purchased a third camera to see if that might help solve the problem. The answer to your question is on the first post of this thread:

"USB Debugging is password protected.
Resolved: The password is "john@tw-desktop". Credit to @nikko82

What is the Factory Reset / Developer Options password?
Resolved: 7890

What is the Extra Settings password?
Resolved: 123456
Note: Do NOT change the resolution of the head unit. You will destroy your unit. However it is reversible.
"
Thanks. Unfortunately, didn't work. I tried it with the ignition on but not started and in accessory. Seicane responded with three passwords, 126, 123456 and 7890. Tried them all, just blinks and goes back to the welcome screen. Do we have any other ideas, I hope?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:03 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Hard reset by pulling power to it for a while or see if you can reflash it with a different ROM like IQNavi...
Old 06-22-2017, 12:08 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nodoors
Hard reset by pulling power to it for a while or see if you can reflash it with a different ROM like IQNavi...
All well and good for you DIY enthusiasts. If it were a PC or a router I could handle it, but I know jack about pulling this thing out of my dash. Hell, I don't even know which fuse it is or where. I have to pay someone each and every time I go through this bull****. It's not worth a couple hundred here, couple hundred there. I love having the 9" screen so much I find myself actually contemplating buying a replacement unit from the jerks for lack of a comparable option. Definition of insanity.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:56 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

That sucks. It takes 6 minutes to pull these things... a few friction clips and 4 screws for either option. I would happily help if you went Westward.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:02 PM
beyondthegrave77
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icspres
All well and good for you DIY enthusiasts. If it were a PC or a router I could handle it, but I know jack about pulling this thing out of my dash. Hell, I don't even know which fuse it is or where. I have to pay someone each and every time I go through this bull****. It's not worth a couple hundred here, couple hundred there. I love having the 9" screen so much I find myself actually contemplating buying a replacement unit from the jerks for lack of a comparable option. Definition of insanity.
icpres

Your best bet (since secaine/ any of these chinese companies will be NO help getting your unit fixed) is to definetely do a hardware reset via the unplug( if you dont want to take out the dash unit, unplugging the car battery for 30 minutes would probably have the same effect) and also maybe upgrade the firmware to the Redmod/iqnavi. It is very easy to do. Your unit has a USB/ Microsd slot correct?

if you go to:

http://red-mod.ru/forum/

you can purchase the updated firmware from the original creator and see if that fixes most of your software issues. I posted a message a few days ago that my unit came with android 6 stock but it was kinda buggy and didnt work well. the iqnavi/redmod (same creator he just sells his redmod on his forum seperately from the iqnavi company) firmware was upgraded to android 6 now and the firmware update was super easy and only took 5 mins to install. After I paid for it from the website you are given access to download it and use its license key. I just put it on a usb stick and put it in the usb line on my headunit. Go to system settings and there is an update option and I just chose USB and it did the flash in about 2/3 minutes.
Then for good measure I did a software reset WITH the new firmware(there is a correct working software reset with the red-mod firmware) and now everything on my unit works correctly and quickly. I would recommend this first as its only 20-30 bucks depending on if you already had iqnavi instead of paying for a whole new unit and new installation price(since you dont want to do it yourself)

As for the having No sound issue if the hardware reset doesnt get it working again then if your car has BOSE MOST system then the sound works completely based on that most adaptor box. So you would have to also unplug that/plug it back in and verify the wiring for it is fine... it seems in the earlier threads a bunch of people have had issues with the MOST boxes being defective.

I purchased two most boxes from different sellers and they both have a similar issue where they produce an electric whine when there is no music/radio/sound playing(its not a ground loop noise) so I think they are just a crappily created electronic bypass for this porsche most system. Luckily I wired the most box so it turns on via ACC so I no longer here it when the car is off.

Last edited by beyondthegrave77; 06-22-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:32 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Visiting the redmod site, missing the translate button for some reason. Will try in a different browser. Luckily my wife is Russian, so if all else fails...

Interesting development, if I start the Nav and exit the nav, the sound comes back, but only for Pandora. The radio will not launch no matter what, not that I want it to as the antenna sucks.

Also, Seicane is promising to help repair it. Go figure. I don't have a warm fuzzy about sending it back for some reason. So thanks a bunch for the clue lead on reflashing this thing. Will try cutting power and then reflash.

EDIT was just watching a Youtube how to replace the battery. Is there any easier way to cut the power from the battery than practically removing the driver's seat?
Old 06-23-2017, 03:02 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Yes, you should be able to easily disconnect the ground without pulling the seat. Do a forum search for that.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:04 PM
beyondthegrave77
Intermediate

well that may actually be good news then icspres because that most box completes the "circuit" in the MOST fiber system. So if you're getting sound at all it means that the unit is connected correctly.

I would try the battery reset and then the red-mod software flash then. I have a 911 so I cant help with where the battery is located on the cayenne but im sure it is easy to locate.

if you use google chrome webbrowser there is a translate button if you right click on any page.

This is the page where the developer says how to access his firmware for download: it basically says paypal him 20/30 bucks and then he will give your account on his forum access to the firmware. When I sent the money I had access in like 30 mins(granted it was morning time in LA when I sent my payment) .

http://red-mod.ru/forum/viewforum.ph...ccd3a047f70efd

You can maybe try with seicane but I can almost guarantee they will not be of much help... the business practices of those chinese companies seem to just be to get the product out and you are on your own after the fact, thats kinda why most shops do not want to support them/have bad stories about them because while the products may work ok/well you definitely have to do the QA and bug fixes yourself. Which for a car like a Porsche I doubt 99% of owners want to mess with.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:00 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I reopened in Chrome earlier. A lot easier than asking the wife to help me. So will ANY of the images he sells work on my Seicane, including 6.0.1?

Will try to reach him now as well. Thanks.

Re the battery, I think there's a terminal to pull the ground under the hood, driver's side firewall. I think.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 PM
beyondthegrave77
Intermediate

There are only basically 2 hardware chips for all these android units, either a allwinner quad/4core system or a 2 core one. Just look at your box/info from when you purchased it or check system settings on the unit and it will tell you.
on the red-mod website the access he gives you has the download for both versions. you pretty much just put all the files in the download into the root of the usb/microusb card. then go to the system settings in the unit and choose systemupdate from USB/Microsd and then the update only takes a minute or two to flash. (just make sure you leave your car on and dont touch anything while its flashing)

then when it reboots it will ask you for the license number(which is also in the forum access area) then once you enter the license you are done. (I had to reset my unit one more time immediately after the firmware upgrade and I have not had any problems with it since(I have been using it for about 3 weeks now).

This may not apply to you but when I was entering in the license key my keyboard was reversed, so the license key kept not working until I realized the opposite keys were being pressed. after I figured that out and entered in the key and it accepted it the keyboard went back to normal...
Old 07-03-2017, 04:28 PM
skylinrcr01
Cruisin'

Just to add to this discussion, there are other places to source these types of head units, like aliexpress or other chinese import sites.

For instance: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-in...8.4.146.N8e9Zz
Old 07-04-2017, 11:15 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skylinrcr01
Just to add to this discussion, there are other places to source these types of head units, like aliexpress or other chinese import sites.

For instance: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-in...8.4.146.N8e9Zz
Wow that's pretty amazing. At that price they're practically disposable. Which is appropriate.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:36 AM
morrisdl
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like there are at least 3 different h/w versions of this radio with various screen/benzel combinations now. I still prefer the original that was seamless front glass.

Original in Android v4 or v6:

Gen2 with Android 6 w/builtin mic and reset button:

Gen3 with Android 7 w/big butt:

Search results:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...yenne+android+
Old 07-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Molitoth
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

READ THIS if you are wondering if you should buy from SEICANE. Start from the bottom. What a complete cluster**** of a company.

Molitoth
Today, 11:06 AM
sales1@seicane.com
If I close the paypal dispute, I have zero protection and you could simply never refund or ship me a new product. I will not do this.

I will send back the MOST box to the previous address provided for return and use the same RMA number.
I will continue with my paypal claim and expect a full refund.

Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 9:40 PM
To: molitoth
Subject: 回复: Re: Help with install 105283087 S127014

hello
please close the dispute first, then we could refund you.

发件人: Molitoth
发送时间: 2017-07-04 23:15
收件人: sales1@seicane.com
主题: Re: Re: Help with install 105283087 S127014
Yes, this is a good plan.

You refund + original shipping cost. Then I cancel claim.
Then I will order a new unit.

Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 8:51 PM

hello
as our policy, we have to ship out the unit before the money is in safe.
we could refund you, then you replace another order, is it ok?

发送时间: 2017-07-03 23:23
Support,

I purchased on May 10th, have spent 2 appointments in professional shops, and had to pay return shipping to send the faulty unit back. It's your turn to trust me to cancel the Paypal claim when I receive the functioning unit that I originally paid for.

If I cancel my paypal claim, it cannot be re-opened. This is a risk I will not take with the support that you have provided to this point.

You have a good product and I really would like it. Please expedite shipping of a working unit and I will close my claim as soon as it is received.

Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 4:36 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Help with install 105283087 S127014

hello
we noticed that the paypal dispute is still not closed. could you please call paypal to close it? because we dont have right to ask them to close it.

发送时间: 2017-07-03 10:45
主题: Re: 回复: Re: Help with install 105283087 S127014
Yes. Send today please.

On Jul 2, 2017 9:36 PM, sales1@seicane.com wrote:
hello
have you closed the paypal dispute? if yes, we could send out the unit today. is it ok?

发送时间: 2017-07-01 21:46
Support,

Paypal escalated the dispute to a claim. I don't know why this happened, but I will figure out why.

Please send my replacement head unit quickly so that I can prove it works and cancel the claim.

Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 2:51 AM

hello
please help us to close the paypal dispute, we could update the unit to Andriod 6.0, no need to pay the price difference. is it ok?

发送时间: 2017-06-23 00:08
Support,

This is shipped out today.
Tracking #

I have kept the Porsche Decoder/MOST box/GPS/Antenna cables because I KNOW they work and do not want to take a chance receiving a faulty one back.
The Head unit and power harness are being returned.

Question:
Will my new unit be shipped from China or USA?

thanks

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:57 AM

hello
ok, please send us tracking number if you have returned back.

发送时间: 2017-06-20 22:22
I will ship the faulty head unit and harness back to:

Address:
Name:
RMA number:
Tel: 001-3235970311

I will keep:
MOST box
GPS Antenna cable
USB Cable

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:00 AM

hello
normally we will ship out the new unit when you return the old one. yes, you could keep the most.

发送时间: 2017-06-20 06:49
Yes that is good. Can I return only the head and harness? I would like to keep the MOST box because I know it works.
When will you ship a new unit?

On Jun 19, 2017 4:02 AM, sales1@seicane.com wrote:
hello
we could replace you a new unit. is it ok?

发送时间: 2017-06-16 22:01
Support,

You have not stated whether you are:

Exchanging the unit for a new replacement
OR
Full refund

What is this RMA for?

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:30 PM

hello
we noticed that you have opend the paypal dispute
Please send the item back with package well.Please send everything(all the cables and accessories) back in the package.

Please write name clearly.Please provide tracking number to us after shipping,so we can process at once when receive
your package.

发送时间: 2017-06-14 21:43
As already explained, I have taken this unit to a professional installer. The cars original head stereo is wired correctly functioning properly. YOUR Seicane stereo will heat up to 160 degrees as soon as the power harness is plugged in (EVEN WHEN THE CAR IS TURNED OFF). There is a fault in the wiring harness, or the head unit that you sent me.

I am going to open up a Paypal dispute. If you cannot ship me a properly working item through that resolution, then a full refund will do.

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:05 AM

hello
please arrange a professional person to check all your wire connection, maybe somewhere connect wrong.

发送时间: 2017-06-14 01:23
Support,

Have they figured out what the working temperature should be when the car is not powered on?

I need to see resolve more quickly. Not feeling confident that I have a properly working unit.

On Jun 9, 2017 4:29 AM, sales1@seicane.com wrote:
hello
please dont worry. our engineers are testing in car now.

发送时间: 2017-06-08 22:31
主题: Re: Re: Help with install 105283087
Support,

This does not have to do with outdoor temp. My stereo will heat up to this degree within 3-4 minutes of plugging in the power harness ONLY. The keys are out of the ignition.

Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:03 AM
Subject: 回复: Re: Help with install 105283087

hello
please dont worry about it. maybe because the weather is hot in summer, outside tempeture is king of high.
we will feed back to our engineers , they will check for you.

发送时间: 2017-06-08 04:52
主题: Re: Re: Help with install 105283087
Support,

The attached picture links show the 3 wires at 12Volts, and the Temperature of the Stereo at approx 160 degrees F. The stereo DOES work when powered on. I'm still very concerned about the temperature as I think this will eventually melt something.

Eliminate the MOST box and other connections out of the equation. The unit will heat up with ONLY the power harness plugged in.

Sent: Monday, June 5, 2017 5:21 AM
Subject: 回复: Re: Help with install 105283087

hello
There is a sticker which is pasted on the top of thisunit. It is similar to this one:

Could you please check what are the voltages on the redACC wire, the yellow BATT wire and the black GND wire?

发送时间: 2017-06-03 04:50
主题: Re: Fw: Help with install 105283087
Support,

I found a professional installer (as recommended) to install the unit shipped to me.

Within 1 minute of plugging in the main harness and turning on the car, the head unit starts to smell of burning electronics and is VERY hot to the touch.
The unit DOES power on and boot up, however the heat generated WILL cause a fire in my vehicle. The professional installed will not continue to install the unit and recommends I return it due to this problem.

Is there a heat sink or something inside that may not be working correctly?
How do we go about getting me a new head unit?

Thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Help with install 105283087

hello
Please refer to below MOST box installation guide:
https://www.seicane.com/2003-2012-po...converter-sc69
2003-2012 Porsche Cayenne Car Optical Fiber Decoder Most ...

Date: 2017-05-30 11:29
To: sales
Subject: Re: Help with install
Order # 105283087

On May 29, 2017 9:52 PM, sales <sales@seicane.com> wrote:

Dear Molitoth
We are sorry for the inconvenience to you
Could you please tell us your order number?

Date: 2017-05-30 00:39
To: sales@seicane.com
Subject: Help with install
Support, (2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo w/BOSE)

I have taken my car to a professional service installer and they refuse to accept my business due to some reputation issues with these imported units.
I will need to attempt to install this myself and I hope you can assist.

Attached is a picture of my stock cabling. I know the clip on the left has a spot in the new stereo. The Fiber optic cable will go into the MOST box.

Where does the yellow and blue connectors go? Do these wires need removed and spliced into the new harness? Which ones? Do you have any detailed instructions concerning my vehicle?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review