Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:55 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Check back a page or two and you will see I am not.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Just_Dirty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nodoors
Check back a page or two and you will see I am not.
Have you gotten in contact with Seicane? That is completely unacceptable. Does your camera work intermittently when it reverse?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

It just does not turn on in reverse. Furthermore, about 1/10 times the bottom half of the view is on the top of the screen and the top is on the bottom! I have and they have not been helpful. They seem to think I am an idiot and recommend all kinds of unhelpful things just like with the MOST box issue I had when it only converted one channel out of the two.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Just_Dirty
Advanced

I finished up my Backup cam install and mine switches to the camera in reverse every time. I tapped into the reverse lights for power to the camera then ran a a trigger wire from the reverse lamps to the "reverse" wire in the seicane pigtail harness.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Did it turn on without powering 12v to the trigger wire or was that necessary to get it to work?
Old 03-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Just_Dirty
Advanced

Yes, I tapped into the power wire for the reverse lights and ran that cable all the way to the unit and connected it to the wire labeled "reverse". Lemme know if that works for you. Mine comes on instantly when the car is switched to reverse.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 PM
Just_Dirty
Advanced

What Bluetooth OBD dongle is everyone using? Mine has trouble connecting with the Unit and is super glitchy.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
williamsonoma
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have xm satellite unit on my pcm 2.1. Can I add this to the seicane?
Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Just_Dirty
What Bluetooth OBD dongle is everyone using? Mine has trouble connecting with the Unit and is super glitchy.
I will try to remember to get the model number off of it. I have tried both the black ELM327? and a smaller blue one which works better as the lower profile prevents my leg from bumping into it. The blue one connects pretty well, but occasionally glitches on a few of the readings. It also has trouble sometimes with the readiness checks which doesn't bother me at all.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Just_Dirty
Amazon Amazon

Seems to work pretty well for me.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:20 AM
morrisdl
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsonoma
I currently have xm satellite unit on my pcm 2.1. Can I add this to the seicane?
Very unlikely.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 250 Posts

I wish I'd never bought the unit. What a **** company. Internal antenna is bad in the head unit and they won't replace. DVD player defective and they won't replace. Never sent me the mirrorlink software I paid for and won't respond to my inquiries, except the first time saying they would send it and didn't. Suck *** company with a cheap POS product. It's an interesting unit, very tempting being full android and maximizing the 2din space. But I'm now stuck tethering for pandora and iheartradio forever, can't play CD's or DVD's, can't add storage, can't use the radio without static. Have to tether everything and will play with it for a year or two and then probably replace with something else. I would have loved a unit that promises what Seicane does in my new-to-me 2001 911 Carrera, just installed a Kenwood instead. May not be as versatile, but at least it makes no excuses and everything works. I'll go try to bandaid the Cayenne with another DVD player from another source. **** these chinese *******s.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:34 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

I completely understand your frustration. I have exchanged no less than 40 emails with them at this point to only resolve 1 out 2 hardware issues I have encountered and it has been the worst service and communication I have ever experienced. If the units were 2-300 dollars I would be fine with it, but seeing as the tripled the prices for the Porsche unit (for no good reason) I expect a higher level of service to go with it.

I was impressed at first, but am getting increasingly irate as I encounter more bugs with the unit. The most recent issue where the radio randomly momentarily plays a different station for half a second is starting to finally grind on my nerves enough where I have stopped using the radio entirely. I will try a factory reset soon and see if that helps.

To those who got lucky with trouble free units, consider yourself lucky. I will not spend the $850 and who knows how many hours of my life to gamble again on these guys on future purchases or trying to get mine to work 100% correctly.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:18 PM
williamsonoma
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icspres
I wish I'd never bought the unit. What a **** company. Internal antenna is bad in the head unit and they won't replace. DVD player defective and they won't replace. Never sent me the mirrorlink software I paid for and won't respond to my inquiries, except the first time saying they would send it and didn't. Suck *** company with a cheap POS product. It's an interesting unit, very tempting being full android and maximizing the 2din space. But I'm now stuck tethering for pandora and iheartradio forever, can't play CD's or DVD's, can't add storage, can't use the radio without static. Have to tether everything and will play with it for a year or two and then probably replace with something else. I would have loved a unit that promises what Seicane does in my new-to-me 2001 911 Carrera, just installed a Kenwood instead. May not be as versatile, but at least it makes no excuses and everything works. I'll go try to bandaid the Cayenne with another DVD player from another source. **** these chinese *******s.
I'm going for the 7 inch $300 model. Thanks for the warning.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 AM
morrisdl
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icspres
... Internal antenna is bad in the head unit and they won't replace. DVD player defective and they won't replace. ...
What did you purchase? I have neither an internal antenna or a DVD player in mine. I think you are talking about something entirely different. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review