Sponsored by:

Mobil One Vs Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:47 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by addysdaddy
As a matter of fact, Pennzoil Platinum Euro Spec Full Synthetic 5w-40 is Champion's (located in south Florida) go to oil. The offer M1 but you need to know to ask for it. The Pennzoil meets the Porsche A40 spec. My guess is it's cheaper for the dealership to purchase when compared to M1 - hence there's more profit margin.
I'm on the 3rd oil change already in my beast, 2nd oil change they did put Pennzoil in it, the 3rd oil change I ordered Motol 0W40, 3500 miles on this new oil already and I've noticed a difference in the engine sound, and the temp gauge is lower by 1 notch as well. I haven't checked my MPG recently but I did notice I've picked up 12 miles per 1/4 tank of fuel with the Motol oil.

Going to stick with the Motul oil for awhile, I already ordered 2 more cases for the next oil change , and I called suncoast and ordered 4 10K service kits, 2 20K, and 1 30K to have in my garage ready to go. I'm almost positive I'm going to rack on the miles on this thing and push it to it's limits in a short period of time. The way things are going with my traveling. I'll have 75-85K on this thing within a year of owning it. It's been rock solid so far, just stupid things ( software and hatch door rubber seal so far).
Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Anyone see the below video? I would be interested in seeing Shell Rotell T6 vs the Mobil in a similar test. I'm pretty disappointed in RP's oil in that test below!

-40 Mobil 1 Amsoil Royal Purple comparison - YouTube
This was exactly my experience in Alaska. Mobil 1 poured like oil even in the winter in Fairbanks.
I saw more engine failures there with Royal Purple than any other oil, though I'm hesitant to say it was because of the oil. The folks using it had a tendency to turn up the boost.

Quick Reply: Mobil One Vs Royal Purple