Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Cayenne usually not considered as a part of Porsche family?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 PM
ecruiser
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Is Cayenne usually not considered as a part of Porsche family?

Why don't I usually see it in many websites like autoshops'? They would like to list 911, boxer, Cayman but barely include Cayenne. Is there any reason?

Last edited by ecruiser; 10-23-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ecruiser
Why do I usually don't see it in many websites like autoshops'? They would like to list 911, boxer, Cayman but barely include Cayenne. Is there any reason?
?

Cut and pasted this question into the input section of translate.google.com but the software did not recognize the language.

Maybe it's in code?

Any cryptologists out there?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ecruiser
Why do I usually don't see it in many websites like autoshops'? They would like to list 911, boxer, Cayman but barely include Cayenne. Is there any reason?
The Porsche models you have listed cannot go off-road.

Have you looked in the off-road segment of your websites to see if the Porsche Cayenne is listed there?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
The Porsche models you have listed cannot go off-road.
Dude. Seriously?

I suggest a review of the brand history. The C4 tracks back to the 959 which was originally a rally car. To this day they still do testing of both the TT and C4 off road. They are no rock crawlers, but properly fitted they have no fear of a little rough terrain.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Yes dude seriously.

A typical 911 is not considered an offroad vehicle in my world, unlike the Cayenne.

The Cayman, Boxster, Panamera and the 918 are also not considered offroad vehicles.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

What you consider as an off road capable vehicle has little bearing on what actually is. I suppose that you also consider the Cayenne as not being a track or AutoX vehicle? You'd be wrong about that too if so.

If you're making that call based on what most owners will do with the vehicle, then the Cayenne isn't an off road vehicle either and the 911 isn't a track car.

I'm not saying the 911 is the best off road vehicle or that it is somehow better at it than the Cayenne. I'm just pointing out that Porsche has had success on the Rally circuit with something other than the Cayenne and saying that the others (specifically the 911) are not off road capable is factually incorrect.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,471 Likes on 922 Posts

Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

The Cayenne is an offroad vehicle and the 911 is not an offroad vehicle.

I also do respect your right to believe in Santa Claus.

If your really concerned about this, carry out a poll and see if your opinion fits in with popular belief.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

If your really concerned about this, carry out a poll and see if your opinion fits in with popular belief.
Popular belief means nothing here. You categorically said the 911 is not an off road vehicle. The fact is that one of its variants was specifically designed for that purpose and they continue to test that ability on all the new descendants of that car.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 AM
ecruiser
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
?

Cut and pasted this question into the input section of translate.google.com but the software did not recognize the language.

Maybe it's in code?

Any cryptologists out there?
I guess most of ppl can read my ciphertext.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:45 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Originally Posted by gnat
Popular belief means nothing here. You categorically said the 911 is not an off road vehicle. The fact is that one of its variants was specifically designed for that purpose and they continue to test that ability on all the new descendants of that car.
If the 918 is driven offroad that makes it an offroad vehicle by your reasoning.

Sounds silly doesn't it.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

If the 918 is driven offroad that makes it an offroad vehicle by your reasoning.

Sounds silly doesn't it.
Changing the subject sounds even sillier. My correction to you was about the 911 and that is all I have continued to reference.

But to answer your non-sensical sidebar, no that does not make the 918 an off road car. As I've stated clearly multiple times, what owners do with the car makes no difference. It's what Porsche designed it to do.

Obviously there is no helping you understand the difference between fact and opinion, so I'm done. Good night.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 456 Likes on 295 Posts

Attached Images    
Old 10-23-2013, 02:26 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Changing the subject sounds even sillier. My correction to you was about the 911 and that is all I have continued to reference.

But to answer your non-sensical sidebar, no that does not make the 918 an off road car. As I've stated clearly multiple times, what owners do with the car makes no difference. It's what Porsche designed it to do.

Obviously there is no helping you understand the difference between fact and opinion, so I'm done. Good night.
Next time your in your Porsche dealership, ask them your interested in seeing an offroad vehicle.

What vehicle do you think they will point out to you?

I'll give you a clue, it won't be the 911, Boxster, Cayman or Panamera.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:33 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So wait if I start a new account and post a really cryptic question I can ignite passion?

Quick Reply: Is Cayenne usually not considered as a part of Porsche family?