Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problems - Bluespark content

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,155 Likes on 764 Posts

One point on the Magnusson-Moss act. There is no enforcement agency. You can't call anyone and report the dealership or manufacturer. A law without enforcement is really not much of a law. You can tell them you're familiar with it, and they're likely to laugh and suggest you call the MM police. The manufacturer still holds the upper hand on warranty denials since they can simply continue to deny coverage. You must sue them to try to enforce the MM act, and the cost of the lawsuit will typically exceed the amount you might recover under warranty.

MM = a toothless law. Pretty much useless in this sort of case.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might be interested in CAP-Motors, a free mediation and arbitration program for resolving disputes involving PCNA products. They operate on behalf of qualifying Porsche owners, within the scope of M-M and your state lemon laws.

//greg//
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

And the only people to get money out of it is the ......lawyer
Old 07-03-2013, 09:18 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Whoa Mud, your knee is jerking again. Actually reading the CAP-Motors link I provided would have informed you that it's Porsche who pays: "This program is free to qualifying Porsche owners, and all administrative fees, including the Mediator and Arbitrator fees, are paid in advance by the manufacturer as required by law.".

//greg//
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Not arguing that but the payout is split between you and the lawyer and the lawyer gets the most. Those fees are not additional to any payout
Old 07-03-2013, 09:47 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Appears you still didn't actually read the thing. This is a process to assist Porsche owners in resolving warranty disputes BEFORE involving the legal system and associated legal fees. How is a mediator going to get a split if it involves nothing more than getting Porsche to reconsider a denied warranty item?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Next you will be saying that PCNA got a new personality. Good luck with that
Old 07-03-2013, 10:23 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Not quite sure what the attitude is all about, but I'm guessing you still haven't followed the link to actually read up on the CAP-Motors option. I can tell you for sure that - if I was to go up against a dubious Porsche warranty denial - I'd want someone smarter than me helping out. And you can't beat the price.

//greg//
Old 07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

No attitude, experience.

In the first place it really depends on the dealer, secondly their next level of support is the regional tech adviser from PCNA.

That guy travels around looking at obscure problems in the dealerships especially when expensive modules are dead. Or engines transmissions and the like. He does not work for the dealer he works directly for PCNA.

The techs at the dealership rely on these people since the cars are so complicated to fault find and have access to the latest information and how to use it.

They are the same people (with others) who descend on the dealership to fight lemon law cases. The others monitor message boards for things that users have said about such cases to throw it in your face during cross.

Anything out of the ordinary, like 2 modules that are not connected going down will no doubt be referred out to this person who no doubt will ask the very first question (especially on a Porsche) " any mods" = + = deny

now the fight begins

As I said its the dealership that causes the problem they are not all equal and with the D know less about them, it will take some time for them to build up experience

Not saying its right just the way it is

ltc, anything to add ?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Now that was a constructive response, and for that I thank you. All the snide comments preceding that however, did nothing whatsoever to further the discussion

//greg//
Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Now that was a constructive response, and for that I thank you. All the snide comments preceding that however, did nothing whatsoever to further the discussion

//greg//
You must have led a sheltered life
Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 AM
canon_mutant
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, back from the CO trip and apparently missed some heated conversation . . .

To those that think I was trying to badmouth BSP because I left the very sheer "cloth bag" that the BSP comes in on the unit . . . well you lost me on that one. There's no shrink wrapped plastic at least on mine anyway - just a nice and quite sheer black cloth bag with a draw string. I openly admitted the temporary idiocy on my part not removing it though I have since learned that my 100+ degree performance problem is NOT the BSP after all, me leaving on the cloth cover, or the idiocy of doing so. I assumed so just after realizing I left the cloth cover on the unit. I will update that on the other thread.

Just for a data point, and since I had to remove it to get my dealership to work on the vehicle prior to leaving, I decided to leave the BSP off for this trip since we'll be going back later and I can compare the two.

Without the BSP, we got 31mpg going out and 34.5mpg coming home. These are MFD numbers only which tend to be generous but still quite impressive. Bare in mind that this was mostly 68-69mph driving on 65mph US50 just because it is generally very cop heavy so I just set the cruise on 68-69 and forget it. I was actually stopped once going 70, but was given a warning.

Going out, we're going from 1400 ft. above sea level here outside of Wichita, Ks to 9000 ft. at our cabin in 483 miles. And, naturally the reverse is true coming home. Not much wind either way this trip so generally pretty ideal conditions but still pretty impressive numbers.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
Just for a data point, and since I had to remove it to get my dealership to work on the vehicle prior to leaving, I decided to leave the BSP off for this trip since we'll be going back later and I can compare the two.
What did the dealer have to do to get your CD running again? I recall they mentioned a couple bad modules, did they need replacement or resets?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM
canon_mutant
Intermediate

Well all I needed was a TPMS fault reset so the system could relearn the 18" tires. They unfortunately decided to perform S/W updates on EVERY system on the CD and for some unknown reason it failed. That's when they noticed the BSP and demanded it be removed. They simply retried the S/W download again and it worked.

The systems that got screwed up were the "Power Entry and Drive Module" and "Porsche Dynamic Lighting Module".

After talking with the Tech that worked on it and having him ask me "if that thing under the hood was some kind of stereo amplifier" I frankly think he just screwed something up on the download, perhaps didn't even download the right files for the CD, etc., and just blamed it all on the BSP.

If they would have just reset the stupid TPMS code, all of this would have been moot . . . apparently though they were taking customer satisfaction to a new level by performing S/W updates on any vehicle coming in.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
billyg
Advanced

The Becker radio on the 06S crapped out a handful of times the 1st year despite the dealership exchanging it twice and testing diagnostics a handful of times. This was a documented problem for some on this board. I called Porsche headquarters in Atlanta who gave me the run around. Finally, I filed a claim with the New Hampshire Attorney General's office. The very day the office received my claim, I called up Porsche headquarters in Atlanta and told them what I did. Within, an hour the Porsche rep, who up to then ignored my complaint, called me to ask what I wanted. I told him I wanted a fricken receiver that worked! We set up a time and met @ the dealership. The rep agreed to exchange the receiver for PCM, Nav,& Sat installed by the dealership for $2400. I jumped at it seeing that retail for dealership install was north of 7 grand. Yeh, I was stupid for not getting the complete navigation system when I specked the pig out but the result was satisfactory to me. Thank you New Hampshaaa for having such a sweet lemon law!

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems - Bluespark content