Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

touche!!!! great response... you win
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sebis
I am peeved a Porche pricing thou, I was going to get the Premium Package that include 14 way seats and park assit front and rear, BUT it doesn't include the camera so if I add the camera separately they still charge full price $1,750 for the option even thou it is only $655 for the difference. This may be the first and last Porche I order new, just because 2013 is the first year for Diesel and there are absolutely no used ones available.

As far as the wheels and suspension, my wife didn't like the standard suspension, this is her selection. The wheels are my selection , they are absolutely beautiful and there is no way I would get cheap Chinese knok-offs for a Porche like I did for my Mini.
I went through the same thinking as you -- was going to get the Premium Package, but you get charged for the parking distance again, since you can't just add the camera -- that's why I went for the premium plus that includes both. When I checked out the numbers, the difference between the Prem and the Prem + is not much more than the $1,750 than you'd pay to add the camera, and you get a lot more stuff.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
The 14 ways are mandatory. It really is like a different seat. Plus, if you have any height at all, the extendable thigh bolster is a total godsend.
Gee, I may have to bend over some more and just take it ... and I thought I was already at the limit . Maybe the 20" will have to go and settle for the 19" Turbo Wheel, anyone with those wheels, I searched the gallery but could not find any pictures.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was tempted but I will have to remove something from the order, the seats on the Mercedes are worse and after 6 years I am not sorry I didn't spend money to upgrade. Next time it may be a must thou, I am not getting any younger.
Yep you're dead a long time.

It'd sure be crying shame to have to surrender the 14 ways....eeks. I could put up with the stock seats in a service loaner cayenne but that's where I personally draw the line. 14 ways or it can stay on the lot. The seats after-all are what you sit in to drive the car so for me are one of the key options if not the KEY option.

I have them on my Mercedes and had an Audi avant in the past with roof rails, on a span of more than 10 years I never used it. I plan to keep this for at least 7 years so not concerned about resale.
I still maintain just from an aesthetic viewpoint the roof rails are an absolute must have on a car like this. The car looks like a sailing ship without a sail....like somethings missing..... and especially noticeable on base models too I find. Pity they aren't retro-fittable.

I was under the impression that the dash clock is standard in US, I did not see it included in any of the options. My wife ruled out the pano roof, she didn't like the idea of a glass roof on a car ... The towing package I may use, at least for a bike rack.
Fair enough if there's a bike rack involved.

Clock or compass always been an option so far as I'm aware of....excepting the CTT and GTS. But a nice visual cabin feature for sure. It's all about setting the mood inside the car. Again sit in one with it and then one without and you'll be ticking that box pretty smartly. It's a small price to pay I say.

Thank you again, I may still change my mind until Saturday
Best of luck with it. I understand lines have to be drawn. Just remember the seats if nothing else.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Gee, I may have to bend over some more and just take it ... and I thought I was already at the limit . Maybe the 20" will have to go and settle for the 19" Turbo Wheel, anyone with those wheels, I searched the gallery but could not find any pictures.
Smaller wheels do make for a plusher ride because there is more tire there.. I think the major downside of running 18's is looks. With air suspension on low/sport my 18's still give me a lot of control and grip.. AND i can go on curbs or on a trail and you really benefit there with more rubber.. I like the versatility of smaller wheels just not the looks.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 AM
speed21
Banned

Wheels are personal but for me anything outside of a set of 21" is a step backward in the looks dept on this car.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Yup... but not in the utility department.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Yup... but not in the utility department.
Agreed,.... Rides a bit plusher but handles a little soggier.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Try a dry river bed or rock bar... you will be ****ting bricks with 21's. I would rather worry about curb rash on my 997 then my 958
Old 01-31-2013, 12:48 AM
speed21
Banned

Try a dry river bed or rock bar... you will be ****ting bricks with 21's. I would rather worry about curb rash on my 997 then my 958
In that circumstance I'd be on 18"s too don't worry. Although i'd personally spare the Cayenne and take my old Hilux Diesel stn wagon and torture that instead.

Not too many of these flashy Porsche Cayenne cars get off the bitumen though....hence the lovely 21's.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

True, for tarmac.. 21's are the bomb and look effing sharp too.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
speed21
Banned

True, for tarmac.. 21's are the bomb and look effing sharp too.
Dat true. Everything else becomes a compromise thereafter.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Right so go all the way to 21's and get super crisp handling and looks.. or get 18's and put slightly oversized tires and be able to go anywhere. I would still worry about curbing my 19 or 20's. I think this is why I bought a used cayenne though. So i can be spontaneous and not be biting my nails every time i did anything useful with it. Not saying im a thrasher.. its a really nice car. But if I owned one from new I think it would make me a prude and worry wart and take some of the fun out of it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
speed21
Banned

We don't have the snow here in Sydney so no need for anything other than concrete cowboy makeover kit. The most this car will see is a few trips down some gravel/dirt roads if we take it up the north coast so those city slicker 21's will do the job 99% of the time. Vanity seems such an issue these days....lol....plus it's a ladies car. Has to meet a certain criteria....lol
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Yeah good looking out on the ladies tip.

Quick Reply: Ordering 2013 Diesel