Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye LX570, HELLO Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as I know all Porsche's drink premium fuel (except for the new ones that sip diesel).

Personally I adhere to the "drive it like you stole it" break in philosophy, I don't baby them (don't go nuts with red-line shifts of course).

Enjoy it in good health. And BTW, pics are required or you will receive nothing but grief from the board...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bill,

Premium is good and not a problem.

Just want to break it in right as I have read more than a few posts about excessive oil use. I doubt I would own this longer than the warranty but still want to take care of her to a point.

Pictures, if I had them I would post. They are just now ordering a car carrier to pick her up from one dealer to deliver to my dealer. The wait for next week will not be easy. LOL! I was excited about getting my new iPhone 5 this Friday but the Cayenne S has eclipsed that, easy!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Yukio&958
Track Day

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
Not exactly what I wanted but this came close. Will be here next week to have clear bra and Passport installed. Mid week delivery
For the same price, we can only buy a base v6 with less options in Canada

I paid almost 100k for the same car
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yukio&958
For the same price, we can only buy a base v6 with less options in Canada

I paid almost 100k for the same car
Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
This was the invoice price. I paid a good bit less than this
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

That does it ... I will assemble an angry mob of unruly Canadian Porsche owners who paid too much ... and go tip over some American cars!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Germany and Canada are both heavy exporters. Perhaps there is some currency and trade ledger stuff at play. Are all German cars more expensive? Or are just ALL cars more expensive?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt

Just want to break it in right as I have read more than a few posts about excessive oil use. I doubt I would own this longer than the warranty but still want to take care of her to a point.

Pictures, if I had them I would post.
I've asked about "break in period" for vehicles in Europe and haven't heard anything back. I'm curious whether this is an American requirement or not. I have a hard time believing Germans adhere to a American style break in period on the autobahn.

I've bought far more new motorcycles than I have cars (wife gets new cars but mine are usually a couple years old) and even with the bikes (mostly BMW's) I drive them like I normally will. The only vehicle I've ever had with an oil consumption issue was an old '67 Chevy Impala but it managed to get me cross country 3 or 4 times and only left me stranded once (distributor issue). It had lots of miles before I bought it. One of those cars sailors pass between themselves.

I knew you didn't have the P!g yet but post photos when you do.

Hope all goes well.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

if you want to complain, come over to this side of pond and do the math :-) and then do the math with gas prices as well. bet you will love Canada after that

btw, OP, congrats and enjoy ;-)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
if you want to complain, come over to this side of pond and do the math :-) and then do the math with gas prices as well. bet you will love Canada after that

btw, OP, congrats and enjoy ;-)
Thanks Sir. I am pretty sure I will.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I've asked about "break in period" for vehicles in Europe and haven't heard anything back. I'm curious whether this is an American requirement or not. I have a hard time believing Germans adhere to a American style break in period on the autobahn.

I've bought far more new motorcycles than I have cars (wife gets new cars but mine are usually a couple years old) and even with the bikes (mostly BMW's) I drive them like I normally will. The only vehicle I've ever had with an oil consumption issue was an old '67 Chevy Impala but it managed to get me cross country 3 or 4 times and only left me stranded once (distributor issue). It had lots of miles before I bought it. One of those cars sailors pass between themselves.

I knew you didn't have the P!g yet but post photos when you do.

Hope all goes well.
'Break in Period'..Ha...not quite sure what that is supposed to be ?
My first miles were on the Autobahn,and what was first and foremost on my mind was NOT how to baby the P!G,but rather how fast it could fly
My only disappointment was not to be able to hit 300km/h and having to make do with a measly 280-285( not for lack of trying !)
Day 2 of my ownership was spent on the Porsche Leipzig track during driving school doing my best to keep up with all the 911s(i was of course the only Cayenne)
I believe I have driven my CT harder than 99.9% of other owners,and with 10K miles, I have yet to add A DROP of oil...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Germany and Canada are both heavy exporters. Perhaps there is some currency and trade ledger stuff at play. Are all German cars more expensive? Or are just ALL cars more expensive?
Most cars are more expensive now in Canada (but this is not always the case). One of the predominant reasons is that C$ fluctuates largely against US$. For example in the last 5 years alone we have swung between US$0.75 and US$1.10. Currently close enough to 1:1, but the car companies are chicken to lower the prices all the way, in case C$ falls again ... they don't want to quickly raise prices again in order to chase the currency down. Easier to keep more consistant pricing and you loose/win depending on the year.

Another reason I hear that USA often gets the best pricing (even better than the native Germans I believe), is that it is an important market to get market share in for global media purposes. If Porsche is the number one seller in say New Zealand (sorry had to pick on somebody) ... nobody would care and it would not create reviews, articles, and internet excitement. Canada is 1/10 of the US population ...
Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
say New Zealand (sorry had to pick on somebody) ... ...
please feel free to pick on them....we do!!....Aussie sport, along with the poms, yanks and so we don't offend ,just about everyone else

[and i was born there---but left early]
Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Yukio: just for info on the price difference US vs. ROW:
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...0x800&vLevel=2

yup, that's $ 98 K (US Dollars!!!) for a BASE Cayenne S in Germany. I bet you that if I would get all the options that are mentioned, I'd hit around $130 K. be happy you're in Canada
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

BTW, the German price includes 19% VAT. The Canadian and USA pricing are excluding tax, i.e. you pay it on top of the listed prices.

So basically (in USD minus tax): stripper Cayenne S ...
Germany:$83K
Canada: $76K
USA: $66K

Now for more fun (tax in I think):
China: $240K
Australia: $175K
New Zealand (since I picked on them): $152K
Great Britan: $93K
Dubai: $81K

Basically the Americans have it good, real good!

Anybody higher than China?

Quick Reply: Goodbye LX570, HELLO Cayenne S