Review: One Week with My Cayenne Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by simer
I have been driving a loaner ford escape
Ironic aint it.. bmw always put me up in a bimmer for a loaner.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Ironic aint it.. bmw always put me up in a bimmer for a loaner.
Seems to depend on the dealer and service department.

Norden Porsche in Edmonton has always put me in a no cost Porsche loaner.
It is usually clean, fully fuelled and is AWD with snow tires (in winter).
Bring it back dirty, fuel less than an 1/8th and hundreds of km on the clock -
No complaints from anyone at the dealership.

BMW would put me in Bimmer loaner, often a bottom of the line 3 series, 2 wheel drive all seasons and usually less than half a tank of gas.
They would require I have the same or more fuel than I started with. If it came back dirty they would threaten to charge me to wash it
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM
simer
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...The Struggle continues..My Cayenne Noise issues

A very happy new year to you all!

It's exactly a year with my porsche cayenne diesel, and the rattle/buzzing issue continues. I have repeatedly been taking the car to the dealer, but its just not happening. I risk my life and limb making videos of the issues, only to find out that the service associate has not even shared them with the service manager, or the service technicians. The issue is a loud buzzing kind of noise that comes from the passenger and sometimes driver side vent area. I can hear it every day, for prolonged periods of time, but the dealer keeps telling me they cannot duplicate the noise. Thats the reason I have made videos of the noise.
Here's a few videos of the noise: has anyone had this issue, and was able to get it fixed?

My car has been sitting with the dealer for over 2 weeks, and they havent done a thing to it. They gave me a cayenne diesel as a loaner, and the loaner has absolutely none of these issues.

Any advice, guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If it is consistent enough for you, demand to take the Tech out for a spin in it so you can show them yourself.

If you know that the Service Advisor is not giving all the information you are providing (e.g. the videos) to the Tech, complain to the General Manager.

Research the Lemon Law in your area. Being able to coherently discuss it and how it relates to the issue can get some otherwise lazy dealers moving. I'm not suggesting threats, just (if it applies in your area) a casual "I was looking up the Lemon Law in this state and it seems that since this has been documented X times with no resolution that it might be something we need to start discussing".

If they continue to be dense, call PCNA. Dealing with them can be less fun than screaming at a brick wall until it falls over, but sometimes when they call the dealer to find out what's going on it kicks things into gear for you.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 AM
AlfonsoR
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simmer, have you tried going to a different dealer? I agree with escalating to the GM if you have to, but the "I don't give a ****" attitude and culture of the owner/ employees at that dealership might be too much to overcome.

What city are you in?

Also, not only are you putting yourself in danger by video recording, but also endangering those around you. All it takes is a split second of inattention. Please be careful.

Quick Reply: Review: One Week with My Cayenne Diesel