Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Cayenne V6 manual, Finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 12:48 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its impossible to take that long.. the dealer must have been giving its allocations to other customers who were making them more money or something.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you finally got your Cayenne.
And I thought I waited a while...
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
bucksbud
AutoX

Default Pics

Been lost in my new toy. Best wait ever! Some really bad pics! Manual is fantastic, love sport mode! Engine has a nice little growl, not turbo, but I'm happy. Steering is a nice surprise, so very precise! More pictures to follow! Just know I'm in car geek heaven. The two tone umber/tortuffo is very very sharp and real mellow. Burm is the bomb!

Oh, was a specific employee at dealership that no longer works there. Honestly, dealer did me proud after uncovering the full details. Some people out there are just not honest.

One question, how do you shut off rear climate zone when it's just myself in the vehicle? Baffling!

More pics coming. Happy motoring everyone!

Bernie
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
bucksbud
AutoX

Second
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
bucksbud
AutoX

Third
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 PM
bucksbud
AutoX

Fourth
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats. The green and gray came out as a nice looking combo. I suggest some new pants though, I think the plaid clashes too much

I can't help with the rear climate control question since they won't let us diesel owners have it

Edit: I see looking again that it's a tan interior. The sun in the dash shot makes it look gray. Still, looks good and I usually am not a fan of the tan interior.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
pjdavis67
AutoX

I just ordered on 6/30, a similar config on a 2014, hope to have is 10/2013:

J6 Jet Green Metallic
MC Standard Interior in Luxor Beige
PA1 Automatically dimming rear view mirrors
0NA Deletion of Model Designation
3FU Panorama Roof System
4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive
G0L 6-speed Manual
C1J 18" Cayenne Wheel
4A3 Heated Front Seats
Q1G 8-way power seats
2ZH Multifunction steering wheel incl. steering-wheel heating
N7F Soft Ruffled Seat Centers - Standard Interior
QV4 SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver
7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with Navigation Module
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 235 Posts

Interested in thoughts of folks with the 6 speed manual...how is it working out in town and on the highway. Only negative I could find online has to do with no resting place for your arm when shifting and interfering with the push buttons on the console.

Have been looking at a diesel as well, but the $7k premium for it over the 6 speed makes the advantage in gas mileage meaningless. It appears also that the diesel requires service more often in filter, oil, and adblue changes.

Started looking at the 6 speed and it look enticing as we like to shift!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:39 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Only negative I could find online has to do with no resting place for your arm
Depending on your proportions if you pull the center console cover forward it offers a decent arm rest (I've got the Tip but years of sticks make rest my hand on the shifter...). You cover your drink holders in that case though.

Have been looking at a diesel as well, but the $7k premium for it over the 6 speed makes the advantage in gas mileage meaningless. It appears also that the diesel requires service more often in filter, oil, and adblue changes.
The reality is that even comparing Tip to Tip requires a lot of miles before there is a "pay off" in the fuel savings. That also gets complicated by your local diesel vs premium prices.

As far as the extra maintenance, it's just an extra oil change cycle, the AdBlue, and dealing with the fuel filter. As long as you go somewhere reasonable for that work (e.g. not get ripped off by dealers that want $300-700 for a damn oil change!) the savings at the pump more than cover that.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but over 10k mine has "saved" me about $600. That more than covered me doing the first OCI myself (<$100) and the purchase of a tuner box for more power and fuel economy.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've got about 1400 miles on a new V6MT. Power is good, especially if you work the engine a little. I have PTV but no PDCC. Handling is good on curves but the car seems a little floaty when driving in a straight line. Maybe PDCC would have helped this? Curious what others think.

I have two complaints about the Cayenne. First there are too many buttons, all of which are closely spaced and look the same. Makes some operations a pia. A couple control ***** would provide a much better and more tactile solution.

The second complaint is connected to the fact that we live on a gravel road, in the midst of an especially sloppy winter season. The 19" turbo wheels in the front, throw up plumes of dirt and mud all over the sides of the car. I guess this is because there is not enough splash protection afforded by the fenders. Does anyone know a decent looking after market solution (mudflaps, fender extensions?) to fix this?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 235 Posts

Pep!RRRR, what kind of gas mileage have you been seeing?

How is the position of the shifter to how your arm falls naturally? Does it work, or is the gear shift lever awkwardly located?

No chance of seeing a manual out here at the one dealer so I'm kind of flying blind.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:23 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

Glad to see that there are people interested in stick shift Cayenne! I am waiting to see what if any changes for 2014/15 will be and very much considering 6 speed and will follow this thread to see your driving impressions ......
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its too bad they dont offer an end of model run limited edition with a turbo and a short shift manual.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Pavegano928:

Regarding gas mileage I only have a few fill-ups so far, but the typical mpg on the trip display is 21-23. It will be less if I hot rod around (not happening much with the current road conditions). On one highway trip was indicating as high as 26 mpg.

I saw your post about your wife learning to shift on a Cayman. The Cayenne is not at all similar in feel to the Cayman, both in shifting and in handling. While the Cayenne does have a decent manual shift, the Cayman is truly exceptional. If she is expecting another Cayman-like experience there could be some disappointment. The shift notchiness reportedly diminishes after a few thousand miles. I can report back later on this. I haven't noticed anything awkward about the shift position, just the longer throw relative to my Cayman.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne V6 manual, Finally