Sponsored by:

Front license plate bracket install interfering with PDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If the dealer is correct and if Porsche did indeed configure/sell a US vehicle that does not allow for proper operation when equipped with (legally mandated) front license plates when installed on the OEM mounting bracket, I would have expected at least a TSB if not a mandated recall/fix.

So you would just drive around with the service receipt from your dealer stating that you can NOT run a front license plate...

Bizarre, even for the P!g Pen.
Which is why I think the dealer is just blowing off the OP with that explanation because he doesn't know the real cause of the problem.....
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If the dealer is correct and if Porsche did indeed configure/sell a US vehicle that does not allow for proper operation when equipped with (legally mandated) front license plates when installed on the OEM mounting bracket, I would have expected at least a TSB if not a mandated recall/fix.

So you would just drive around with the service receipt from your dealer stating that you can NOT run a front license plate...

Bizarre, even for the P!g Pen.
its only applicable for wide german plates. your memory is fading hon
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Which is why I think the dealer is just blowing off the OP with that explanation because he doesn't know the real cause of the problem.....
I don't think so. The dealer knew right away it was an 08. He told me its a known problem with 08's.
The parking sensors have not acted up since the weekend. Lets see how it goes...
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Update:
Problem seems to have gone away.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

cool idea. where did you get the decal made? Not sure I have room for that however as the grill covers where you put yours. I'm concerned about airflow in hot Florida weather. Don't need any front plate here but it's a nice memento from our European delivery/trip. They put the plate on for me at the Porsche customer center in Leipzig where I picked up the car. It's held on by tie wraps. Doesn't interfere with ACC or anything else that I can tell. I haven't seen temperature go out of normal but figure there is a reason the turbo grill is bigger and this seems to negate that.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Front license plate bracket install interfering with PDC