Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP not you.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by endless_corners
I think 05-06 turbos are your sweet spot.

try this autotrader search for ideas..
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
I'm a huge fan of the Turbos.
From what you listed, I would aim for the 2009 GTS. The GTS is a moderate step up from the S in power, but a large step up in looks and equipment. Also, you'll have the option of a 6-speed manual if that's something you'd be interested in (and if you can find one).
Originally Posted by endless_corners
I am just saying for your budget and considering the turbos are usually optioned higher... its a good spot for your price range... just stay off the gas.. haha.
These are all pretty good assessments. Buying a CTT means you get a massive package deal discount. Engine is only part of it. Call me crazy, but if you'd prefer a GTS, you probably haven't driven a CTT yet...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddystow
Well originally i thought about getting an S, and yes i know 35k is a streetchh, but i have found a few mid 30kmile range in that area. but then someone posted a link here to an ebay add that was a gts and looked crazy low, i contacted him saw the add contacted him about buy it then the add dissapeared, then i get a long email from him this morning saying the last guy screwed him and it needs to go, has 51k and looks fine.
Also today i recieved an email from one i found only 150 miles from me thats a 2008 GTS, black ext, black wheels, 15K MILES, still under warranty, bluetooth, nav premium sound. The bluetooth confuses me i thought that wasnt available untile 2009 model, and he told me $35000 gets it. private seller that seem legit.
can someone tell me if 2008 GTS had the newer (3.0, is that what its called with the bluetooth, touchscreen etc) as an option or a half model year thing or something. if so i told the guy not to be scared about the guy in the flatbed in front of his house as i will be there waiting for him when he gets back to town with cash in hand. LOL pretty excited about this one, but dont really want to post the add as its kinda obscure and local where it was posted and dont want someone snatching it up before me, dude it got less than 15k miles, with 22 techart wheels, looks so sweet Let me know guys i'm counting on you for this one Thanks Brian
The blutooth can be added aftermarket ~700 bux. Google mobridge or denison. It is added to the factory installed units, and then you can get a2p adp or whatever it is called streaming of audio, dial from the phonebook, etc. Fully integrates it. What you dont get is touch screen, newer navigation and HD based instead of DVD based. Honestly if you can find a 2008 for thousands less, I would get the 2008, because HP and Torque wise, it is the same car. The radio is one of the few differences on the interior and not worth paying 7k for I would think.

If you can find a 2007 model they are free too
Old 06-29-2012, 02:02 AM
bigdaddystow
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys the hunts still on. sorry that i'm not that interested in a turbo, have had bad experiences in the past and dont need the added expense in repairs in the future, as i already dont have time to be pissing aroud under a hood.

have been playing tag with a few scammers around the last few days with b.s. just tryin to get info or some ****,,,,the add someone posted off ebay was a scam and have seen the same car in other advetisements since. have found two i now are legit deals on 2008 GTS, still poking around here. thanks again,,,,,,,so whats wrong with a GTS anways,,
Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigdaddystow
well guys the hunts still on. sorry that i'm not that interested in a turbo, have had bad experiences in the past and dont need the added expense in repairs in the future, as i already dont have time to be pissing aroud under a hood.

have been playing tag with a few scammers around the last few days with b.s. just tryin to get info or some ****,,,,the add someone posted off ebay was a scam and have seen the same car in other advetisements since. have found two i now are legit deals on 2008 GTS, still poking around here. thanks again,,,,,,,so whats wrong with a GTS anways,,

I have no bias towards this response.

They ROCK!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried CarMax?? They usually have plenty of S versions for under $35K.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Shaolin
Cruisin'

I would go for the GTS because it looks better than the Turbo. At the end of the day it's still a SUV.

Quick Reply: Guys tell me what to buy