Sponsored by:

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
medent
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Airbag light

I have a 2006 Cayenne S Titanium that has just started showing the airbag light on the dash. Here's what preceded the light coming on.
I was driving my son to soccer last night and stopped by a business to see if they had a part for my wifes car. They were closed so I stopped the car in front of the door and got out to see the open hours posted on there. The engine was still running. As I got out I recall hearing two distict warning sounds. A higher pitched one and a lower pitched one.
When I got back in the car I closed the door, put on my seat belt and started to drive away. Within seconds I noticed that the airbag warning light was on.
So I stopped the car, turned off the ignition, and then restarted it again. Same thing.
And today it is still there.
Any advice on how to clear this or solve the problem?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
hagfish2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer ttells me that that otentimes it is the seat belt halves (male and female) that fail to transmit a signal that ties to the airbag light. That would explaing how it suddenly came on when you exited the car.

Just a guess here.....
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Sounds like a case for a Durametric to see what the SRS thinks isn't connected/working.. Just be guesswork otherwise. And mine does the same two tones if I get out when the engine is running, but they go away when I close the door (or get back in and put the seatbelt on and close the door..)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Sounds like a case for a Durametric to see what the SRS thinks isn't connected/working.. Just be guesswork otherwise.
+1. Seat belt receptacle switch together with the seat occupancy sensor.

Quick Reply: Airbag light