Sponsored by:

PCM SW Version.... and such.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default PCM SW Version.... and such.

So, I was looking at what version of PCM I have since I was looking for a DVD Data DVD disc online. My current disc is all scratched up and it does not work.

Can someone look at these pics and tell me what version of PCM I have and why am I seeing those "Triangles" with "!" in it? My CD Changer, amp, and CD is working fine. Can someone help me understand what those version numbers mean so I can order the correct NAV Data DVD?

I am going to the Porsche dealer tomorrow to get the service message reset, so while I am there, if the PCM needs an update, I can possibly get it done when the vehicle is still under factory warranty.

Many thanks!
-Kalyan

Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

The good news is you have one of the latest 2.1 softwares so no update is needed. You just need the latest PCM2.1 software which I last years version I believe. Probably means your Pig is a '07 or '08??? I have the same versions in my '06 CTTS but I have a '08 PCM unit in mine.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
The good news is you have one of the latest 2.1 softwares so no update is needed. You just need the latest PCM2.1 software which I last years version I believe. Probably means your Pig is a '07 or '08??? I have the same versions in my '06 CTTS but I have a '08 PCM unit in mine.
Yes, mine is an '08. I will check w/ the dealer today and post what they say.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

I'm sorry, but I worded that wrong, what you need is the latest Nav DVD, your software is fine.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

I'm sorry, but I worded that wrong, what you need is the latest Nav DVD, your software is fine.
That's what I wanted to know. I think the latest is 05.2007, right?

Also, why those little triangles w/ "!" in it on the main screen? Any ideas....?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Mine does the same with the Triangles, not sure why, my old one did too. There is a newer Nav disc out, a 2009/2010 disc. Porsche sells it with the new Software discs even if you don't need them, too bad you have to pay for something you won't need. Here is a link to Suncoast which is about the cheapest I've found, look around, maybe they've come down in price a little.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...M04490361.html
Just found it at Sonnen for $290 the part # is 95504490361
you will also need TSB 9110 with instructions on how to do the update which don't come with the Discs of course. I can send you a copy of it, one of the important things is to put your Cayenne on a battery charger when you do it or if you don't have a charger, start it and let it idle to guarantee no power interuptions.
hahnmgh@yahoo.com if you need the TSB.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by kalyan
That's what I wanted to know. I think the latest is 05.2007, right?

Also, why those little triangles w/ "!" in it on the main screen? Any ideas....?
No - the latest is from around 07/2009 or so (I'd have to take it out of my P!G to check the exact date.. but mid 2009 sounds about right.) I installed it back in June.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

My disc lists 2009/2010 Nav disc but the fine print shows a date of 08/2009 which I just purchased from Sunset about 6 or 7 months ago.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:17 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

According to the service guy at the dealership yesterday, there is a 2010 disc and that may require me to upgrade PCM (I guess I need to upgrade to 'C' version). He did mention that I need those 3 CDs to do that.

About those "triangles", he suspected that the IPOD/Aux connection could be causing it. He said that the PCM had to be told of the Aux/Ipod connection.

I have a service scheduled for next Friday... to take care of the fuel pump recall and he said he will take a look at it at the same time.

Last edited by kalyan; 10-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by kalyan
According to the service guy at the dealership yesterday, there is a 2010 disc and that may require me to upgrade PCM (I guess I need to upgrade to 'C' version). He did mention that I need those 3 CDs to do that.

About those "triangles", he suspected that the IPOD/Aux connection could be causing it. He said that the PCM had to be told of the Aux/Ipod connection.

I have a service scheduled for next Friday... to take of the fuel pump recall and he said he will take a look at it at the same time.
Yes - the 2010 disk is the 8/2009 disk. I guess they figure that's close enough. They appear to be slowing down on releasing new disks. The software update comes with the new navigation disk from Suncoast. I suspect if you have the dealer do the update - they will not give you the update disks (there are very specific instructions in the package telling the dealer not to..) even though you paid for them.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

I have the same software as you on mine and it will not take a further update so I think your good there as far as the '61' disc part goes. But if they make you buy the new Nav maps your going to get the new software discs anyways as dellenberger just alluded too. I have the factory (dealer installed) Ipod connection so maybe that is why I get the triangles too, although I can still scroll to them and open them up to get the software data so who knows. I wouldn't waste time at the dealer unless he is going to give you a big discount on the Discs and if you want I can still send you the TSB with the update instructions although I'm sure you have the latest already.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

I have the same software as you on mine and it will not take a further update so I think your good there as far as the '61' disc part goes. But if they make you buy the new Nav maps your going to get the new software discs anyways as dellenberger just alluded too. I have the factory (dealer installed) Ipod connection so maybe that is why I get the triangles too, although I can still scroll to them and open them up to get the software data so who knows. I wouldn't waste time at the dealer unless he is going to give you a big discount on the Discs and if you want I can still send you the TSB with the update instructions although I'm sure you have the latest already.
I appreciate your offer for the TSB, thanks a bunch! Please email me at y2kporsche at gmail dot com. I am not yet sure if I will update the Nav disc. Might go with 05.2007 version unless it is really old.

I will also update this thread on Friday if they were able to clear the "triangles".

Quick Reply: PCM SW Version.... and such.