Expect this from city driving from a CTT

Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA

Damn, I did better than that towing the 996tt to and from Summit Point this week!! Of course I also averaged more than 12 mph...

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah this was pure stop-light driving.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:19 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Originally Posted by ArneeA

wow thats excellent MPG!!

Old 09-22-2011, 01:20 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Is there any apparent reason I still want a CTT even with the crap gas mileage.. am i just being stupid?

I should be able to justify it since this is a weekend car.. i have a 2000 Honda CRV that gets 22mpg average for daily driving!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the SUV you want.
Mileage is for people like me who drive 40,000 a year for work.
Enjoy your weekend fun vehicle!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude - Are you PCNA mole, just trying to get Larry's blood pressure going? Or Pops' tennis partner/dog groomer/Federer-stalker? Or Tranny's, er, whatever those are in his avatar? Hell, could be droptop's jewels' keeper for all I know. Like a softball, lobbed over the plate, your questions are too perfect, too staged. Usually by now there are freaking fat-*** pictures of leg-haired hippo-rockers and 14 avatar changes by Pops, all in an effort to scare off every would-be new member forever, like a little kid traumatized by that one neighbor that goes a little too far at Halloween. Somehow you've been spared. I doubt Lewis would have been this nice, but his widow's new lover is apparently much more mellow.

That said... somewhere in here you had a question.... oh yeah: A CTT - even an '05 - is a ridiculous sports car, posing as a mild-mannered SUV by day. It does not drive like a Toyota, nor does it stay intact for hundreds of thousands of miles like a Toyota. But I'm guessing that's not why you're considering one. It can be a real love/hate... but mostly because we all hate to love them as much as we do. Or is it, love to hate them? These cars are worse than crack. (<--do NOT show your speedo pics POPS!) Yeah, you'll hit at least 3 of the top 5 problems, and drop a cool $3K, $4K, $5K or more. But you'll hate loving it. And love hating it. And then you'll drive it hard one Fall afternoon, and remember why you fell in love with her in the first place.

And when you're going insane and zipping your own straight-jacket on, then, and only then, will you learn to appreciate the ethereal half-reality/half-schizophrenia space that P!g Pen lurkers wallow in. Wanting one of these vehicles - let alone purchasing one - inevitably renders the mind and wallet soft. But this support group is the balm that helps soothe the pain...

(And possibly one or two of them actually provide very useful information on occassion!)
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Originally Posted by seankrider
Dude - Are you PCNA mole, just trying to get Larry's blood pressure going? Or Pops' tennis partner/dog groomer/Federer-stalker? Or Tranny's, er, whatever those are in his avatar? Hell, could be droptop's jewels' keeper for all I know. Like a softball, lobbed over the plate, your questions are too perfect, too staged. Usually by now there are freaking fat-*** pictures of leg-haired hippo-rockers and 14 avatar changes by Pops, all in an effort to scare off every would-be new member forever, like a little kid traumatized by that one neighbor that goes a little too far at Halloween. Somehow you've been spared. I doubt Lewis would have been this nice, but his widow's new lover is apparently much more mellow.

That said... somewhere in here you had a question.... oh yeah: A CTT - even an '05 - is a ridiculous sports car, posing as a mild-mannered SUV by day. It does not drive like a Toyota, nor does it stay intact for hundreds of thousands of miles like a Toyota. But I'm guessing that's not why you're considering one. It can be a real love/hate... but mostly because we all hate to love them as much as we do. Or is it, love to hate them? These cars are worse than crack. (<--do NOT show your speedo pics POPS!) Yeah, you'll hit at least 3 of the top 5 problems, and drop a cool $3K, $4K, $5K or more. But you'll hate loving it. And love hating it. And then you'll drive it hard one Fall afternoon, and remember why you fell in love with her in the first place.

And when you're going insane and zipping your own straight-jacket on, then, and only then, will you learn to appreciate the ethereal half-reality/half-schizophrenia space that P!g Pen lurkers wallow in. Wanting one of these vehicles - let alone purchasing one - inevitably renders the mind and wallet soft. But this support group is the balm that helps soothe the pain...

(And possibly one or two of them actually provide very useful information on occassion!)
LOL i have thick foreskin errr i mean skin so no worries, I will fit in just fine.

Besides being only 25 years old probably has something to do with why I am a lot easier with sarcasm and bs...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Ah, you may be interested to meet Divot then...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:20 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

A little off topic but... I just discovered that I should stick with a Turbo and dont waste my money on a Turbo S.. from what I read the additional money you pay for an S not much of a difference!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

...until you spend twice that trying to make your CTT a CTT-S.

Just for kicks, what is the price differential on '05s? Can't be more than $1K - $2K I would guess...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

from what I have seen its like $5k-$8k

I don't think they produced a Turbo S in 05.. it was 2006 when they started.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
Ah, you may be interested to meet Divot then...
Keep it up and I'll show you the utility of that cargo net you covet on the short drive from stately Divot Manor to Gilgo Beach.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
Keep it up and I'll show you the utility of that cargo net you covet on the short drive from stately Divot Manor to Gilgo Beach.
Weren't you supposed to be working on the t-shirts?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Weren't you supposed to be working on the t-shirts?
I'm working on the mukluks and parkas. They will ship next July.

Quick Reply: 2005 Cayenne Turbo Opinions and Reviews