Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
vlad_nj
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty?

Hello Porschefans and Cayenne Lovers,

I want to join your team and buy my first Porsche. Decided to go with 2008 Cayenne Turbo and my only worry is Extended Warranty. According to dealers and official website Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty "..is just like our new car limited warranty". I don't expect to have bumper to bumper coverage but overall how good is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty?
How many of you has been screwed or impressed (!!!) with quality of service, repair or dealers responses under (CPO) limited warranty.
Please reply on your earliest convenience because I need make up my mind as soon as possible.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:33 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Your only worry is the extended warranty?

Excellent! Please, at your earliest convenience, send me a copy of the subscription and the name of your doctor.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:50 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vlad_nj
Hello Porschefans and Cayenne Lovers,

I want to join your team and buy my first Porsche. Decided to go with 2008 Cayenne Turbo and my only worry is Extended Warranty. According to dealers and official website Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty "..is just like our new car limited warranty". I don't expect to have bumper to bumper coverage but overall how good is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty?
How many of you has been screwed or impressed (!!!) with quality of service, repair or dealers responses under (CPO) limited warranty.
Please reply on your earliest convenience because I need make up my mind as soon as possible.
You may regret the P!g but you will not regret getting the CPO. Coverage is excellent and is similar to, but not the same as, bumper to bumper.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Влад, большинство были screwed, а остальные impressed

Not to mention, наша команда, ну очень специфическая
Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Clearly, The spirit of Larry lives.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
vlad_nj
AutoX

Guys you not helping me so far. To make it simple please rate CPO warranty on scale from 1 to 10
1 - is total scam, 10 - best out of warranty service I ever had.

911SLOW,
Sorry I did not get your joke may be because I new to this forum. How many CPO car you had?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

So "You may regret the P!g but you will not regret getting the CPO. Coverage is excellent and is similar to, but not the same as, bumper to bumper. " wasn't helpful? Seems you're a bit demanding..

On a scale of 1-10, it depends on the dealer doing the warranty repair work.

One dealer (the selling dealer actually) that my truck visited several times for the same problem claimed not to find a problem. I'd rate that experience a 0.

The second dealer the truck went to for the same problem (slow starting) - recognized that my diagnostic of the problem was correct (bad check valve in the fuel system) and spent a week chasing down the problem and finally fixing it. They also provided me with an Audi loaner, and eventually offered me a Panamera loaner (I refused it since I might REALLY like it..) They kept me informed on progress the entire time, and in my opinion - went the distance. I was quite happy with their service. In case you're wondering who the good dealer is (looks like you live in NJ) - it was Princeton Porsche (PM me if you want to know who the non-fixing dealer was.) I'd give that CPO experience a 10.

So it depends. But it's much better to have coverage then not, these aren't simple cars, and there are a few problem areas. Luckily - most of the problems appear before the CPO would be up, so you can get it sorted out on Porsche's nickel.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Clearly, The spirit of Larry lives.

Marc didn't I tell you in Larry's funeral that, just as the they were about to set the corpse on fire, I felt something strange in the air..Little I knew that I was right and that his aptrgangr would come back to haunt Rennlist..

Originally Posted by vlad_nj
Guys you not helping me so far. To make it simple please rate CPO warranty on scale from 1 to 10
1 - is total scam, 10 - best out of warranty service I ever had.

911SLOW,
Sorry I did not get your joke may be because I new to this forum. How many CPO car you had?
I wasn't j/k!

I had three, but I can't help you much.

Because

a. I am not in the US.

b. Asking my dealer to fabricate for me, a gun crypt under the passenger's seat of my 993, threw me off the bell curve of the CPO P owner graph by at least 2 SD..

After that, whatever I wanted they changed, no questions.. : )
Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deilenberger
So "You may regret the P!g but you will not regret getting the CPO. Coverage is excellent and is similar to, but not the same as, bumper to bumper. " wasn't helpful? Seems you're a bit demanding..

LOL

Obviously the coverage is a BIG 10. Otherwise I would have committed suicide like Larry had the P!g not been under the CPO program...or sell off vital organs to pay the high repair bills. Guess that's the same thing.

Take deilenberger's advice and find a good dealer too. Helps to establish a good relationship from the beginning (for freebies, free loaners, etc). Dealership experiences can vary.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
vlad_nj
AutoX

Don Eilenberger,
Thanks a lot for taking time and replying to my question. Sorry for for been demanding.. I found car with all options I want and need to make up my mind as soon as possible.
Yes I live in Northern New Jersey and know Princeton Porsche really well. Seems like choosing right dealer is very crucial when comes to CPO warranty. Since we have so many dealers in close vicinity I am starting feeling about going for CPO car.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 PM
vlad_nj
AutoX

One more thing. I am new to this forum but seems like moderators really good at jokes :-)
Would be nice if you guys can use your expertise to help people also.
You are reading hundreds of posts and should be able to provide valuable advices.
I hope you will...
Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
vlad_nj
AutoX

Guys,
Why are you calling CTT a "P!g"? Is this the way you are expressing concerns about fuel consumption?
Or some other meaning attached to this word?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Если серьезно, то все зависит от кол-ва миль на машине которую ты собрался брать и если были заменены хотя-бы coolant pipes & coils. And an FYI, машина очень недешевая в обслуживании.

Мы называем её Свиньей, потому что она такая же ненасытная и уродливая
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Pops how do you know that he speaks Russian?

I know a guy called Vlad and he is Australian and barely speaks English.

Bloody oath!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Pops how do you know that he speaks Russian?

I know a guy called Vlad and he is Australian and barely speaks English.

Bloody oath!
Are you doubting me?

Quick Reply: How good is Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) limited warranty?