Sponsored by:

Why??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
sort of a poorly laid out 1/4 mile drag strip ...

C'mon, Cole, you gotta admit it -- the guy is funny!

(And, I have found, quite knowledgeable. Lewis may never have had a Cayenne, but when he's channeling Larry, he's the go-to-guy.)
Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Designer

C'mon, Cole, you gotta admit it -- the guy is funny!

(And, I have found, quite knowledgeable. Lewis may never have had a Cayenne, but when he's channeling Larry, he's the go-to-guy.)

I find the constant bashing really annoying. I have talked to several Cayenne owners that simply won't visit this site because of it. I find that unfortunate.

I'm sure some of it was funny at one point. Even the funniest joke eventually just becomes annoying.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:33 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Cole, just for the record I was not bashing. I have a 2006 CTT and I love it, I also have a 2008 997TT and love it as well. I just disagree with ya about the air cooled Porsches, they are what Porsche is all about IMO and I miss them, I owned alot of them and still prefer them over the newer cars.

Also, I loved the 964
Old 09-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChristianR
Cole, just for the record I was not bashing. I have a 2006 CTT and I love it, I also have a 2008 997TT and love it as well.
Sorry. I was not saying you were bashing. LTC is the constant Cayenne hater. I find it unfortunate that a moderator, and non owner seems to have a hobby of putting down others for their choice of Porsche by bashing it at every turn.

It's been an interesting ride. I have gone to multiple local Porsche events and talked to other Cayenne owners. As soon as I mention "Rennlist" they reply "oh.....I stopped going there because of the moderator, I go to___________ now"

I will concede that he tends to be fairly knowledgeable about the tech items. If only it could be delivered without bashing the enthusiasts choice to have purchased a Cayenne.

I just disagree with ya about the air cooled Porsches, they are what Porsche is all about IMO and I miss them, I owned alot of them and still prefer them over the newer cars.

Also, I loved the 964
Don't get me wrong. I was not bashing the early cars. I love them too. Just throwing a counter point to the technology and age argument with the 964.

Grew up with Porsches and have been constantly bothered by the crowd that will bash anything that is not a 911 variant.

The reality is that Porsche has produced more water cooled cars than air/oil cooled. Its alliance with VW has saved it more than once. (914, 924-944, Cayenne) and of course they shared parts even from day one.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Poor little kids. They won't visit because the moderator is "bashing". Waaaaah!

I'll take LTC's "bashing" over certain humorless, annoying, easily offended asscoles
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Poor little kids. They won't visit because the moderator is "bashing". Waaaaah!

I'll take LTC's "bashing" over certain humorless, annoying, easily offended asscoles
Ah, I was wondering when the **** smell would come back....oh and there you are. And as unprofessional as usual.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Oh, nice to see you come when called, asscole
Old 09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
warz00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mean I'm not the bad guy any more?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Cole
Drifting

Wow. Not enough intellect to say anything more than elementary school insults.

I guess the rest of the conversation was over your head so rather than participate you would just cover your shortfalls with vulgarity.

I do actually respect ltc's tech knowledge and willingness to discuss the topic at hand.

That can't be said for you.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts

Been in this Cayenne forum only a few weeks. As a longtime Pelicanite and Rennlister - but recent almost reluctant Cayenne convert, I find the constant non-contributory posts by a few members to be a distraction and not at all amusing. Maybe one day it was, but that day has past. More and more Cayennes will now fall to the hobbyist owner, which I am proud to consider myself. The endless and redundant axe grinding is really too much. I have already found a more fair and balanced community at ------, and I see Cole's posts there also. It would be one thing if the wining was kept in off topic, but to see it in virtually every thread is really tiresome.

I am not new to the German car world, PCA, racing or DIY activities, and getting too old for this nonsense.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I miss you calling me a "dick" & "cayenne god" Speaking of intellect & vulgarity. Really like the reference in post #81. Once an asscole, always an asscole. Your elementary school classmates must have been onto something
Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Cole
Drifting

Thumbs down

No.
Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I miss you calling me a "dick" & "cayenne god" Speaking of intellect & vulgarity. Really like the reference in post #81. Once an asscole, always an asscole

This is hilarious!! You really are " not smarter than a fifth grader" as long as you keep on this path.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

^an why the hell do you continue to ag them on. leave them be and they will go away
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Cole
Drifting

^an why the hell do you continue to ag them on. leave them be and they will go away
They have never gone away in the past.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You children play nice now!

Quick Reply: Why??