Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blunterbryn
Easiest thing to change over.
Lights turned on themselves and off when car turned off

However
Drove the car first time during day and the lights stayed on entire time...
Put Torch into light sensor and still stayed on .. Sigh

Called two local Porsche dealers for advice both said cannot help as wont work after car been built as important components missing

Car is 04 turbo

Any suggestions?
On a 2004, there is a different sensor for those with automatic lights and those without. You will probably need to get the correct rain & light sensor.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Blunterbryn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My auto lights never seem to turn off
Any one have a solution other than seeing porsche?

Last edited by Blunterbryn; 02-09-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Well, the sensor is easy to replace too, but it's a fair bit more money.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Johnadgr
1st Gear

Hello
I have a cayenne turbo 2008 model and i change my switch because i had no auto on lights.
Just put the switch but it only lit the corner lights.
You know what i can do through piwis operated??
Thanks!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Diablo99
Advanced

I have read this post with some interest since I have a 03 TT without auto lights and my Dad has an 04 TT with. I put his switch into my car and found that my headlights now stay on all the time when in the Auto position.

Thanks in advance for opinions on how to resolve this.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo99
I have read this post with some interest since I have a 03 TT without auto lights and my Dad has an 04 TT with. I put his switch into my car and found that my headlights now stay on all the time when in the Auto position.

Thanks in advance for opinions on how to resolve this.
From what I have read it means you need a new light and rain sensor!!
Also I would like to add some interesting info...have a Skoda Octavia which did not come with auto lights but a higher version does...got a cheap switch from ebay for $20(it's the same which we have bought for our cayennes....fits in cayenne but doesn't work) so I put it in my Skoda and it did the exact same thing...the lights would remain on in the auto position also all the time.
So I went on the Skoda forums and read up and it said that the wiring harness which comes into the switch should have 10 wires but the one on the non auto headlight models has 9 wires...though the switch has 10 connectors...so I needed to attach another wire into the empty connector and attach it with one of the control modules in the kick panel....now it works...so maybe the older cayennes had the same issue?? All switches, rear view mirrors etc are same on my Skoda and Cayenen!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Nelzavala
5th Gear

Okay, I've just traded in my Merc GL for this vehicle last saturday and I'm loving it. However, no auto lights, no auxiliary plug, and no bluetooth? I got a good deal for my 2008 cayenne v6 and decided to get the auto switch but it didn't work. What now? I should mention that it doesn't have the dimming mirror but it has a sensor on the windshield. I also have the nav system that dims at night. Can I have my indi shop use the durametric tool to program this? Also, I know that it should take 10 minutes at most, so what should I expect to pay for this? Is the headlight delay off tied to this? Or is it another feature hat can only be activated with the tool? Anyone purchase the Dension 500s BT? The 500s came out last year and is supposed to stream music and add bluetooth to your factory radio. Anyone for or against this purchase? Interested in getting all my "old" features added to the pig. Thanks guys, this is a very informative forum.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:13 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelzavala
Okay, I've just traded in my Merc GL for this vehicle last saturday and I'm loving it. However, no auto lights, no auxiliary plug, and no bluetooth? I got a good deal for my 2008 cayenne v6 and decided to get the auto switch but it didn't work. What now? I should mention that it doesn't have the dimming mirror but it has a sensor on the windshield. I also have the nav system that dims at night. Can I have my indi shop use the durametric tool to program this? Also, I know that it should take 10 minutes at most, so what should I expect to pay for this? Is the headlight delay off tied to this? Or is it another feature hat can only be activated with the tool? Anyone purchase the Dension 500s BT? The 500s came out last year and is supposed to stream music and add bluetooth to your factory radio. Anyone for or against this purchase? Interested in getting all my "old" features added to the pig. Thanks guys, this is a very informative forum.
Still trying to figure that one out(Headlight auto off/on upgrade).

Mudman said these tricks don't work on the 2008 and later, not sure if Porsche did something different with the module interaction?

I can't even read coding on the module. I emailed durametric support and sent them a log. On the website it says it can read coding and program.

A nice dealer will charger you 30 minutes, a regular dealer 1 hour.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Nelzavala
5th Gear

Default Auto headlights

I guess I'll wait until you get a reply from durametric. Once you have a definite answer, I'll pay the dealer or indi shop to program my pig. Thanks Touareg.

Ps. How do you listen to your IPod/iPhone on your cayenne? Any suggestions for bluetooth that uses the car speakers ?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15 PM
touareg
Drifting

I was able to code the seatbelt off as others have mentioned.

I have noticed that the rain and light sensor on my 2009 is different than my 2005

It looks like this now:

I wonder if Porsche switched over to a encrypted protocol like VW did recently?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM
ydlee
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=touareg;10745285]I was able to code the seatbelt off as others have mentioned.

I have noticed that the rain and light sensor on my 2009 is different than my 2005

It looks like this now:

I wonder if Porsche switched over to a encrypted protocol like VW did recently?[/QUOT

I have an 08 GTS it looks like that except it has another white light on the left side. Do you know what the left side light is?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM
touareg
Drifting

I tried looking up the new part number but it said to look at group 9/03/00 or something.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

2005½-2010 all use the same sensor with or without auto lights (95561851803), so I have to assume on these later vehicles that the difference is in the switch and the coding.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Nelzavala
5th Gear

Default Auto headlights

I have the new sensor on my windscreen and purchased the porsche switch that was mentioned at the very beginning of this thread. I think it's the coding since the switch does work except for the automatic part. Any suggestions? I already have the switch in place, just need programming.

Btw, I got a Jabra cruiser 2 bluetooth over the sun shade piece that streams my music from my iphone to the car's speakers using a built in fm modulator. Not perfect but it works better than most plug and play modulators.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Nelzavala
5th Gear

Default Coding!!!

So I finally bring my pig to the indi shop. Had my DRLs activated and coming home feature turned on as well as my auto switch activated. The DRLs worked great as we'll as the parking lights in front and rear, however I drove my car at night and noticed that my dash lights didn't turn on. I guess the tech didn't code the light sensor. Any suggestions? I can live without the headlights remaining on after I get out the car, but I had my heart set on having my tail lights and xenons come on during the day (DRLS) and my light sensor activating my dash lights at dusk.

The tech hasn't done this before but he does have a large porsche tool that has a huge LCD screen which seems to be a piwis. I know for a fact that my indi shop has the same tools that porsche New Orleans has. The only problem is that these guys don't have experience coding for features that the cars don't come with.

TOUAREG, HELP!

I'm going back Tuesday or Wednesday so that he can try to activate the light sensor so that my dash lights work at night without having to turn the switch. Should I turn the DRLs off? Are the DRLs keeping the auto lights feature from working? Turn on the light sensor first, try and see if the lights turn on and off in the dark and then maybe add the DRLs?

Thanks to whomever has a suggestion. Btw I have a 2008 cayenne 3.6 v6 with PCM.

Quick Reply: Auto On Headlight Retrofit? - '06 Cayenne