Sponsored by:

Price of 2008 CPO Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Weave
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price of 2008 CPO Cayenne

My wife has indicated interest in a Cayenne (to my total and utter shock). Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta has several 2008's with 5-6k miles all listing for around $42.5k. These cars are CPO, clean, and nicely optioned. I am not sure if they were loaners, executive loaners or what. In any case they seem like a smoking deal to me, particularly when compared with an X5 or whatever.

I assume there is another $2k or so to play with in the price, what are your thoughts?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When you say Cayenne, I assume you mean the V6 version (as opposed to a Cayenne S or Cayenne Turbo)

Options?
Mileage (which is probably around 5K or so if they were loaners)
Title status (titled as new or used....presuming used since CPO warranty)

You are aware of the CPO warranty coverage (or lack thereof)?

What is the current trade in value of the Cayenne, verus the current asking price?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
When you say Cayenne, I assume you mean the V6 version (as opposed to a Cayenne S or Cayenne Turbo)

Options?
Mileage (which is probably around 5K or so if they were loaners)
Title status (titled as new or used....presuming used since CPO warranty)

You are aware of the CPO warranty coverage (or lack thereof)?

What is the current trade in value of the Cayenne, verus the current asking price?
Also want to check the "in-service" date as that is when the original factory warranty starts. Sounds like they were service loaners and/or company cars.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM
bonnemazou
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default markers for you

Hi,

I bought a CPO 08 Cayenne S at the end of November and I should be able to give you a few markers. Was not really looking at the Cayenne but my MB truck had an accident and I stopped at a dealer to have a look at the new 997. They had a really nice basalt black S with 9k on it nicely optioned. Drove it, loved it and bought it. First used car I bought in the last 10 years. To me the 2 year extended warranty clinched the deal. With the existing manufacturer warranty still in force I get a total of 5 year coverage which is awesome. In terms of price I got a discount of 21% vs MSRP without pushing too hard which I considered to be a very good deal. Mind you they had leftover new 08s they were selling at 13-15% discount at the time. But the car had the combo and options I wanted so I went for it. I used some of the money I saved to have Bluetooth/Ipod/concealed valentine installed at an audio tuner. Love the car. GL
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Weave
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. Its funny, after checking these out I am kinda wanting one myself. I sold my 996 18mos ago and now drive a truck - saw a CPO CS like you describe above for similar $$. It was used as a demo / exec car for about 6 mos (in service 6/30/08) and has 7k miles. Price is $59.9 with lots of options.

May have to go for it.........
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Weave
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. Its funny, after checking these out I am kinda wanting one myself. I sold my 996 18mos ago and now drive a truck - saw a CPO CS like you describe above for similar $$. It was used as a demo / exec car for about 6 mos (in service 6/30/08) and has 7k miles. Price is $59.9 with lots of options.

May have to go for it.........
Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Weave
Intermediate

Sorry about double post - slow system.

Also, check that last price - s/b $54.9
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

CPO has been changed to extend the warranty for a full two years including bumper to bumper coverage...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by doberdog
CPO has been changed to extend the warranty for a full two years including bumper to bumper coverage...
They changed it again?

Quick Reply: Price of 2008 CPO Cayenne