Ipod your Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Julian Thompson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod your Cayenne

Bit of feedback on this.

Fitted 2 nav tv porsche interfaces, both had a fault. The first would require you to unplug the ipod every time you use the car. The second would randomly forget it even had an ipod adaptor.

Even when it worked the interface jumps back to "A" when you have scrolled to an artist or albumn. So if you have a lot of music it takes forever to get to "Snow Patrol" - and then if you want to access "Stereophonics" immediately after you've got 20 pages of artists to scroll through.

Overall, then, a huge thumbs down.

Today we tried a Dension gateway 500 - much better. Instant and perfect ipod recognition - really robust. Much better policy for navigation of music and if you do scroll through to "S" it starts again from that same page. Brill.

One thing to say is that it is a real shame the nav-tv one wasn't great because the customer service ay nav tv was brilliant.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:23 PM
jeremy77
Intermediate

Most of the folks in this forum, I think, are using mObridge adapter. I have it installed on my 06 CS, and it's working well. Good sound too.

It remembers my settings, the folder, and resumes the last song I played everytime I turn the car on in the morning.

The only drawback is the way the unit is installed. I had a professional installation, and they recommended to have it installed behind the PCM unit. It all looks nice and clean, but in order to upgrade the unit firmware, I'd need to remove the PCM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudman2
Ditto
Ditto +1. ---- However, I have a rear install where CDC is. They are not recommending that anymore but it is much easier and the firmware upgrade slot is accessed when you pull the rear panel off - i.e. it is staring at you and singing the Charter Beyonce ditty: "upgrade upgrade".

Only draw back is the BT quality suffers a bit. I keep my phone up front but if I get a call, I then place it on the rear seat by reaching through the front seats.. not a big deal.. not a pain.. rather a nuisance.. but I'd do that before taking the time/energy or to pay someone to install behind PCM... only enterprising Brits do that

the rear install is 15-30 mins max. and is easy enough for even the biggest of simpletons.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Julian Thompson
Racer

Actually I went for the rear install as well, but I have the Tooki Bluetooth box under the seat sat on top of the factory (disconnected, obviously) phone box.

It is a bit of a pain to remove the factory changer without stripping the side panels but we managed it with a bit of careful work.

In hindsight I think that the under seat mounting might be a perfect ipod brain area because you could then put the ipod lead in the centre tubs or arm rest very easily....

Hmmmn....
Old 12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some help from the Stockport Massive
Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 608 Posts

My Mobridge is installed in the passenger footwell wedged behind the glovebox. Easy to access. Still having issues with BT audio with my Motorola phones though despite numerous SW updates.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Started with the Nav-TV unit last Christmas (it was a gift from my wife). Installed it and hated it from Day One! Tried to work with the Nav-TV tech support guys and it was a joke (probably poorly influenced by the fact that I am a techno-geek for a living). Switched to the MoBridge unit and have been a happy camper ever since. Unit is installed in back by the OEM changer (as is my iPod).

Toby

Quick Reply: Ipod your Cayenne