Sponsored by:

looking for spare tire and a jack for my 04 ctt

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
poc62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for spare tire and a jack for my 04 ctt

Got a flat this weekend, and now I am looking for a spare tire and a jack for my 04 CTT. Please let me know where to purchase a use one or great deal on a new one. Thank you and Happy Holiday to all

Joseph Fan
Old 12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you mean a full size spare tire? Those can be installed via the Porsche Tequipment rear tire carrier:
http://schatzmotorsport.com/Merchant...gory_Code=001C

Installation and pricing has been discussed here before (not a DIY)

As for the jack, your best price should be Sunset Imports (Porsche parts at cost + 15% guy).
If not, perhaps one of the Porsche dismantlers (can't use the word 'junkyard' and Porsche in the same sentence....no wait, it's a Cayenne, sure we can).
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Do you mean a full size spare tire? Those can be installed via the Porsche Tequipment rear tire carrier:
Since this is for an '04 I think he’s just looking for the optional (at the time) space saver spare.

That written I don’t know why the jack would be missing. It isn't optional and is stored beneath a the dark gray ‘foam’ block with tools to the right of the large subwoofer.

ITC is correct Sunset is probably the best source. Expect to pay in the $345 range for the space saver spare.

You’re also going to need a blind rivet, hold down bolt, hold down gizmo that goes over the bolt and ****/handle thingy to screw it all down.

Pull out the large subwoofer. Install all the above parts and you’re good to go.

Well that’s not totally true since you better add a tie down strap (never included or optional) or two to secure your flat full size tire once you get it off. It will not go into the space saver spare/subwoofer/second battery storage space. Please don’t forget this part. If you’ve ever seen someone who has, or has not, survived, getting hit by an unsecured tire come rattling around the interior (or bouncing off of them and shooting out the front windshield for that matter) you’ll never forget it.

The space saver spares don’t bother me that much but not building in a place to store the ‘flat’ tire is not the best design.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
poc62
Instructor

I am looking for spare tire that fits in the car, and who sell cayenne use parts? Thanks.

Joseph Fan
Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by poc62
I am looking for spare tire that fits in the car, and who sell cayenne use parts?
See my message above.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:51 PM
poc62
Instructor

bancu, thank you.

Joseph Fan
Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
poc62
Instructor

Ordered the parts from Sunset ($400.00) should be here by this weekend. Thanks to all.

Joseph Fan
Old 12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by poc62
bancu, thank you.
Any time.

Was your jack really missing? It’s hidden pretty well back there on the right.

The install is snap once you get over the fact that you lose your subwoofer if you have the large one and the optional second battery.

I think the two nuts down in and towards the back of the subwoofer are 13mm. You can unscrew them and just leave them there while you shimmy out the subwoofer.

The only thing that throws folks off is the blind rivet installation. You put it in from the back of the mounting hole and then use a bolt/nut combination pull/compress the nut in the blind rivet up into the softer metal of the rivet.

Someone did a write-up on an installation with pictures and hosted it on their website a while back.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
RoninM5
Advanced

Anyone used the small factory included, portable, air compressor? I've inflated my Cayenne space saver spare but used another compressor. I am just curious to know how well the OEM compressor works.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:04 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by RoninM5
Anyone used the small factory included, portable, air compressor? I've inflated my Cayenne space saver spare but used another compressor. I am just curious to know how well the OEM compressor works.
works well. I've used it once on a flat and a couple times on bike tires.

COMPLAINT: It has alligator clips that go to the battery and NOT a cigarette lighter adapter which you could plug into the outlets in the back
Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
RoninM5
Advanced

Originally Posted by charlieXS
works well. I've used it once on a flat and a couple times on bike tires.

COMPLAINT: It has alligator clips that go to the battery and NOT a cigarette lighter adapter which you could plug into the outlets in the back
Thanks! I am going to help a buddy tomorrow at a kid's party, and we plan to use one to pump up a lot of stuff. I'll just bring a separate Optima deep cycle that I have in a case for powering DC gear.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have PASM, there is an airhose under the rear seats which can be used for inflation.

Quick Reply: looking for spare tire and a jack for my 04 ctt