Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Thanks, I will suck it up and put the PCM in.
On behalf of Dr. W, Peter the Great, PAG shareholders, and the Porsche parts department, we'd like to take this opportunity for "deciding" to purchase our expensive parts to solve an inexpensive problem.....and helping to keep your beloved Porsche company the MOST profitable car company on this planet.......

Now you know why I live on Mars.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
On behalf of Dr. W, Peter the Great, PAG shareholders, and the Porsche parts department, we'd like to take this opportunity for "deciding" to purchase our expensive parts to solve an inexpensive problem.....and helping to keep your beloved Porsche company the MOST profitable car company on this planet.......

Now you know why I live on Mars.
Thoroughly confused. Assuming the aftermarket HU is an easy/better solution than the PCM for sound and Ipod/bluetooth, how do we "solve" the inexpensive problem of using steering wheel controls without using a MOST based (Porsche) product? I am being serious. If there is a way, I would prefer aftermarket as I trust Pioneer/Alpine whomever more than Becker to stay current. Please let me know.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Update: Was just told by a reputable installer that in order to put an aftermarket HU in, I would have to find someplace to put the CDR23 in the car because it is indispensable to the operation of other operations of the vehicle. They want to to create a harness and mount the thing somewhere in the dash.

Come on ltc, help me out here. If you ever need any advice on post-press trade finishing I am your guy, but I am floundering here. Just want somehting that loks good, works, and lets me play my Ipod.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

It's like a dog who keeps humping your leg and won't stop.......

You can play your iPod with your CDR23, just use an FM modulator, hardwired preferred, mount the iPod on a Kuda phone base and be happy. Your steering wheel controls won't change, you will have to adjust the iPod manually for track/playlist.
If you want Bluetooth, install a Parrot or Motorola, as has been previously discussed.

You can install a PCM + an mOBridge/Dension/NAVTV adapter, thus maintaining your steering wheel controls + OEM look/feel + allowing you to control the iPod without touching it. It will be up to mOBridge/Dension/NAVTV to take care of Bluetooth, as the PCM2.x does not, or again you an install a Parrot or Motorola BT kit.

You can rip out everything, install an aftermarket headunit with integrated touchscreen, NAV, iPod, Bluetooth, buy a new steering wheel that doesn't have buttons, install a 10 foot subwoofer and 735 speakers, a 21 JigaWatt amplfiier, 36" wheels, lower the suspension until it slams the ground and paint the Cayenne pink.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I should have just enough time to change my pants....something tells me someone is going to be humping myleg before the night is over.

Warmest Personal Regards,
Larry and the Squirrels.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
It's like a dog who keeps humping your leg and won't stop.............
...........Now, if you'll excuse me, I should have just enough time to change my pants....something tells me someone is going to be humping myleg before the night is over. Warmest Personal Regards, Larry and the Squirrels.
ahhhhhhhhhhh, back to the good old days.

p.s. any other questions?
p.s.s. uh-hum, Mudman2, and the group buy price is?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
It's like a dog who keeps humping your leg and won't stop.......

You can play your iPod with your CDR23, just use an FM modulator, hardwired preferred, mount the iPod on a Kuda phone base and be happy. Your steering wheel controls won't change, you will have to adjust the iPod manually for track/playlist.
If you want Bluetooth, install a Parrot or Motorola, as has been previously discussed.

You can install a PCM + an mOBridge/Dension/NAVTV adapter, thus maintaining your steering wheel controls + OEM look/feel + allowing you to control the iPod without touching it. It will be up to mOBridge/Dension/NAVTV to take care of Bluetooth, as the PCM2.x does not, or again you an install a Parrot or Motorola BT kit.

You can rip out everything, install an aftermarket headunit with integrated touchscreen, NAV, iPod, Bluetooth, buy a new steering wheel that doesn't have buttons, install a 10 foot subwoofer and 735 speakers, a 21 JigaWatt amplfiier, 36" wheels, lower the suspension until it slams the ground and paint the Cayenne pink.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I should have just enough time to change my pants....something tells me someone is going to be humping myleg before the night is over.

Warmest Personal Regards,
Larry and the Squirrels.
Interesting, but not an answer to the question of whether the CDR23 needs to stay onboard with an aftermarket HU.

Much appreciated. I'll figure it out.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Interesting, but not an answer to the question of whether the CDR23 needs to stay onboard with an aftermarket HU.

Much appreciated. I'll figure it out.
Try this:
A. pull the fuse for the radio/headunit and see if you can still drive the car.
B. Try a forum search, this question has already been asked.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

So long as you replace the Bose amp you can remove the CDR23 but you may have to get the dealer to turn off MOST to eliminate any errors.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
erikv
Track Day

I am also interested in a group buy, if/when it happens.

thanks,

-erik
Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Captain Tal
Advanced

After my discussion with the President of MoBridge, I doubt a Group Buy will become public. He doesn't want to anger the dealer network. However, if you call him and tell him you are a Rennlist Member and give him your screen name, you will be happy to find a reasonable discount from the $599.

Mine arrives tommorrow.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Erikv

What town in Bucks ?, I am in Bucks also
Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh Larry, the humping dog got my co-workers wondering what was SO funny!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Thank you. Just doing my job.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Thank you. Just doing my job.
Wait a minute........ you now define this as a job??????? Hobby, maybe.. job, well wait a minute at 10,000+ posts.. maybe you're right after all.........

Quick Reply: iPod Interface (hardware/software) that works with PCM