Sponsored by:

What do you think it's worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts
Default What do you think it's worth?

I know, this is a tired. worn out topic but hey, I need to get opinions and this group is never short of those

I may need to get out of my CTT to clear some debt.. We're building a new home and we don't want to give away our current house in this depressed housing market so I may sell / trade our '04 CTT for something with about half the payment.

'04 CTT
Titanium Gray with light gray interior
Aluminum trim package
New CTTS 20" Sport Techno's (9" and 10")
28,000 Miles
3/04 build date
Zero problems and all service actions applied
Condition = 95% of new

I'd like to get $55K on trade or at least $58K on sale (to make up for the sales tax loss). I owe a bit more than that on it......

I'm in Central Florida (location matters).

Am I dreaming or does this seem like a reasonable expectation?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:14 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjw930
'04 CTT
Titanium Gray with light gray interior
Aluminum trim package
New CTTS 20" Sport Techno's (9" and 10")
28,000 Miles
3/04 build date
Zero problems and all service actions applied
Condition = 95% of new

I'd like to get $55K on trade or at least $58K on sale (to make up for the sales tax loss). I owe a bit more than that on it...... I'm in Central Florida (location matters). Am I dreaming or does this seem like a reasonable expectation?
Reasonable.. www.kbb.com (and is usually pretty accurate)
Private party sale (assuming you're listing and selling on your own)

Condition Value
Excellent $70,295
Good $66,890
Fair $62,245

Good Luck..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
Reasonable.. www.kbb.com (and is usually pretty accurate)
Private party sale (assuming you're listing and selling on your own)

Condition Value
Excellent $70,295
Good $66,890
Fair $62,245

Good Luck..
Actually, KBB says trade is $61,200 in good condition BUT Black Book, which is what the dealers around here use as a guide from the auctions shows Cayenne's from $42K to $52K, I can only assume they are not talking CTT's but you never know and a lot of the CTT's that go through the auction are high mileage (50K +). It's a $10K difference between KBB and what is happening at the auctions according to Black Book.

Also NADA Guides says $54900 trade and Edmunds says $55,800 trade.......
Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 AM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not up on Pepper pricing in the Florida market (although I moved from St Pete to Tulsa in 2004) but I wish you luck on the sale!!! Keep us posted, I'm very curious to see what you get for it.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to give you an idea what traded CTT's are selling for. I bought my 05' with 34k on the clock and CPO'ed last September for around the "good" range. Came with a second set of wheels, warm weather package, for options of note. So, it would seem like your in the area, though like houses, there is more supply than demand for CTT's.

Condition Value
Excellent $70,295
Good $66,890
Fair $62,245
Old 04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

I just talked to a friend in the car business. He checked the latest CTT's sold at auction in West Palm and Atlanta and the top price for an '04 CTT with equivalent mileage was $50,600

Looks like i should consider ebaying it with a 60K buy it now price and take some offers.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$50,600 at auction was REALLY strong money for that car....considering that there are retail ASKING prices for similar cars with similar mileage @ dealers @ $52.9K. Here's 2 for sale, right now:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...0&aff=national

and here's one even cheaper @ RETAIL 52.4K, at a Porsche dealer

I am looking to buy one, and started looking around a few months ago, and have noticed the prices dropping like crazy in the last few months..I'm guessing gas prices where they are, and a new model launch is not helping resale values. (There are 1182 Cayennes for sale oin cars.com right now (about 10% higher inventory than 2 months ago)

I'm guessing that a dealer would likely pay in the high 30's (i.e 38-40K) (real dollars --not the cloudy trade in, smoke and mirrors #'s), and retail, if you really want to sell it, you will be in the mid 40's. (44-46K).
Old 04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
sigs
Racer

Actually, KBB says trade is $61,200 in good condition BUT Black Book, which is what the dealers around here use as a guide from the auctions shows Cayenne's from $42K to $52K, I can only assume they are not talking CTT's but you never know and a lot of the CTT's that go through the auction are high mileage (50K +). It's a $10K difference between KBB and what is happening at the auctions according to Black Book.

Also NADA Guides says $54900 trade and Edmunds says $55,800 trade.......
I haven't been offered KBB value for any of the vehicles I've traded in the past 10 years. Every dealer I've dealt with goes by the Black Book value, which ranged from a little lower than KBB to a LOT lower. Maybe this says something about how bad I am at picking cars for their depreciation value.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1crazy canuck
$50,600 at auction was REALLY strong money for that car....considering that there are retail ASKING prices for similar cars with similar mileage @ dealers @ $52.9K. Here's 2 for sale, right now:

and here's one even cheaper @ RETAIL 52.4K, at a Porsche dealer

I am looking to buy one, and started looking around a few months ago, and have noticed the prices dropping like crazy in the last few months..I'm guessing gas prices where they are, and a new model launch is not helping resale values. (There are 1182 Cayennes for sale oin cars.com right now (about 10% higher inventory than 2 months ago)

I'm guessing that a dealer would likely pay in the high 30's (i.e 38-40K) (real dollars --not the cloudy trade in, smoke and mirrors #'s), and retail, if you really want to sell it, you will be in the mid 40's. (44-46K).
You may not be too far off but the local dealer just offered $46K real dollars and recently sold one off the lot with similar mileage (within 5K) for $53K in a less desirable color but with CPO. A couple of local high end resellers offered around $50K so I'm guessing the FL market is a bit stronger than others.

Searching Cars.com, Autotrader and ebay '04 CTT's with less than 30,000 miles are typically priced in the mid '50's with some at each extreme (low '40's to as high as $70K).

Retail I think $55K is a reasonable expectation. I was hoping for that in trade but I'm about as good as others here picking cars with bad resale
Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

When you sell your CTT, what are you going to get that you like a lot better? Just curious.

Thanks,
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EddieC
When you sell your CTT, what are you going to get that you like a lot better? Just curious.

Thanks,
What I'm getting I certainly won't like better but it will be much easier on the wallet. We're building a new house and it's coming along faster than anticipated so I can either give my current house away and lose $50K (damn real estate market) or drop my monthly payments and get our debt to income ratios under control so the bank is OK with me keeping both. The CTT is just one thing on the chopping block.....

I'm replacing it with a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS. 6800 lb towing capacity, more room inside than the pepper and an LS2 Corvette motor under the hood. All that for $32500 out the door (plus the hit I'm taking on the Porsche). It's not in the same league as the Cayenne but it's comfortable, has a reasonably well tuned suspension and makes all those nice Corvette V8 sounds with zero to 60 of 5.7 seconds.

I hammered a local Chevy dealer on their last day of the month (today) and got them to do $50K ACV on the CTT and sell me the SS under GM Supplier Pricing (a perk from work) plus a $2500 rebate. Add in the $2000 saved in sale tax and it's a decent deal. Something about the last day of the month that makes dealers crazy .

Old 04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

BTW, the Boxster S is still in the garage and I'll be looking real hard at an older track 911 once the house thing gets settled.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

What I'm getting I certainly won't like better but it will be much easier on the wallet. We're building a new house and it's coming along faster than anticipated so I can either give my current house away and lose $50K (damn real estate market) or drop my monthly payments and get our debt to income ratios under control so the bank is OK with me keeping both. The CTT is just one thing on the chopping block.....

I'm replacing it with a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS. 6800 lb towing capacity, more room inside than the pepper and an LS2 Corvette motor under the hood. All that for $32500 out the door (plus the hit I'm taking on the Porsche). It's not in the same league as the Cayenne but it's comfortable, has a reasonably well tuned suspension and makes all those nice Corvette V8 sounds with zero to 60 of 5.7 seconds.

I hammered a local Chevy dealer on their last day of the month (today) and got them to do $50K ACV on the CTT and sell me the SS under GM Supplier Pricing (a perk from work) plus a $2500 rebate. Add in the $2000 saved in sale tax and it's a decent deal. Something about the last day of the month that makes dealers crazy .

do a nice black out on the windows and those look pretty good.

i liked the sound from them but couldn't take the interior.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Is it just me....

or does anyone else notice the rats leaving the SS Cayenne?

GM discussion/vehicles all over the board. I for one am shocked and think the moderator should delete all non Cayenne posts.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
or does anyone else notice the rats leaving the SS Cayenne?

GM discussion/vehicles all over the board. I for one am shocked and think the moderator should delete all non Cayenne posts.
hehehe......

mjw....it's really none of my business but I am having a hard time understanding how 20K in reduced debt (~55K for TT and ~35K for Trailblazer) is even noticable. I could understand maybe if you owned the TT and sold it for 50K and bought nothing else in return but 20K?

Quick Reply: What do you think it's worth?