What do you think it's worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:06 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
hehehe......

mjw....it's really none of my business but I am having a hard time understanding how 20K in reduced debt (~55K for TT and ~35K for Trailblazer) is even noticable. I could understand maybe if you owned the TT and sold it for 50K and bought nothing else in return but 20K?
I'm sure you know that banks look at debt to income ratios. One component of debt if figured on recurring payments, another on total debt vs. assets (net worth). The net worth portion isn't an issue, the total payments vs. income is borderline considering carrying 2 mortgages.

This is just one of many things I rearranged in our finances to paint a better picture for the bank. It ensures the lowest interest rate and no hassles as I can keep both properties when I convert the construction loan in a couple months. It also allows us to get the most for our current house. In fact, I will probably make up the 10K loss on the CTT 2 times over by not selling our current house in a fire sale just to please the banks. Had the real estate market not tanked this wouldn't be an issue.

Besides, with a $1200 payment on the CTT converted to a $600 payment on the SS It will take 16 months to break even on the transaction and since the new house mortgage and taxes will be roughly 2.5 times what our current house is we can use every penny up front.

Another reality was I would be ditching the CTT in a year anyway since I can't afford to go "naked". It was starting to do some annoying things like transfer case groans on uneven pavement when turning, sporadic "dipped headlight" errors that didn't throw codes and fan bearing noises in the heater whenever it was blowing hot air. Keeping the CTT for another year and finding that it's only worth $40K on trade is another $10K lost in addition to the $14,400 in payments. Keeping the CTT just didn't make financial sense.

The CTT was one of those things that I lusted after when it first came out but after the initial glow wore off I saw it for want it was, a truck. It's a great truck, don't get me wrong, but IMHO not worth to expense. I have a sports car and a motorcycle in the garage, if i need a speed fix I can hop in/on one of those. Besides, 0 - 60 in 5.7 seconds ain't exactly a dog
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That makes more sense. I didn't realize you were "trimming fat" all across the board and this was just one cog in the wheel. Best of luck on your new home
Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

That makes more sense. I didn't realize you were "trimming fat" all across the board and this was just one cog in the wheel. Best of luck on your new home
Trust me, I did shed a tear when I left the dealership, this wasn't an easy decision.

What I did realize is the money being spent on the CTT could easily buy me a track car or a kit "toy" car. The wife has been bugging me to build a cobra replica for a while and the idea of a 500+ hp brute force weapon has a lot of appeal.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:21 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

or a GT3
Old 05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
or does anyone else notice the rats leaving the SS Cayenne?

GM discussion/vehicles all over the board. I for one am shocked and think the moderator should delete all non Cayenne posts.
I ordered a refill on the but it never showed up so when the last batch wore off reality sunk in

And guess what, no hesitation when I push the go pedal and I can run LED lights on my trailer
Old 05-05-2007, 11:25 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

or a GT3
Old 05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
M491
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, the value of those things sure drop like a rock.

Quick Reply: What do you think it's worth?