Sponsored by:

Stuck CD

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 PM
dopete
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stuck CD

Has anyone had their CD player play a CD fine, but will not eject it? I guess it likes my CD more than I do. I have an 05 CS with navigation, but just the single CD player in the dash. Anyway to release it?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you not stick a second CD into the player?
A family member accidentally did in ours and it didn't pop out but played fine LOL!
Hear this, when we took it to the dealer they told me I needed to buy a new PCM for $3400 + labor, was quoted $4800 to fix as two CDs in a single slot unit = new PCM.

I bought dental tools like the ones they clean your teeth with, hit ejects, clawed the CD when I saw it come up and ripped it out. Worked perfect afterwards.
Funny how dealer didn't take a breath explaining problem with price to fix. This happened 3 years ago.

Anyway, take it to the dealer, they will fix it no problem. Considering there is one CD then they will need to make the call on what to do once the CD is out.

Take care.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by Vino
Hear this, when we took it to the dealer they told me I needed to buy a new PCM for $3400 + labor, was quoted $4800 to fix as two CDs in a single slot unit = new PCM.
Was that at Prestige?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
dopete
AutoX

Well, it came out finally. Two days later and multiple efforts, it finally gave up and let me have the CD. It seems to be working fine now. Not sure what that was all about.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Vino
Racer

Originally Posted by dopete
Well, it came out finally. Two days later and multiple efforts, it finally gave up and let me have the CD. It seems to be working fine now. Not sure what that was all about.
Glad to hear the CD came out

bancu,
The problem happened with Stammler, at least they looked at it HAHA!
Funny thing Adolf(owner) said they would have taken it out for us for free that it was SA mistake to figure such a thing to buy new PCM to remove 2 CDs. The SA was very serious, I eventually got Mike Weiss and Tom Lemell who were great SA's.
BTW, a lot of Porsche of Boulder hopefuls out there giving them props, apparently some staff from Prestige moved over there................
The head tech, I believe first name Mike with some Italian last name is I guess the man, a lot of 911 owners swear by him.
The SA Lucas Howard is very cool and open eared, car guy and understands peoples concerns.
They did my Airbag Light fix, with new airbag harnesses on some parts of the car that was a TSB. They also added the half gallon of coolant no charge.
Time will tell but so far so good and only 10 to 15 minute drive Vs. 45 to Stevinson
Go talk with them and shoot me your opinion.

Prestige was a tough place to get things done, you had to be in their "blood" for them to acknowledge your issues. One experience was all that was needed.
I don't know who was running the show there last year but everyone looked frustrated.

Stevinson is still awesome.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Had the exact same thing happen with my 2005. Tried every trick I could think of trying to get the CD out. I could get it to start playing again, but it refused to come out. I tried turning off the PCM, turning the Cayenne on and off, but nothing worked. Thought I would take it into my local dealer the next day. After letting it sit overnight I decided to try one more time. Came out perfectly.

Hasn't done the CD trick again.

The PCM is one strange beast. I also had the Nav once quit talking to me. I was listening to the radio and when the Nav was supposed to give verbal instructions all that happened was that the music playing on the radio would suddenly come out of some of the speakers louder and very distorted. So, you could tell when it was trying to tell you something, but all you got was louder distorted radio. I fixed that problem by turning the system off.

It has done a few other oddities, but they were fixed by either turning the PCM off or the car off (or both). The non-rejecting CD was the only thing so far that wasn't cured by turning off the system.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:36 PM
bancu
Racer

Prestige was a tough place to get things done, you had to be in their "blood" for them to acknowledge your issues. One experience was all that was needed.
I don't know who was running the show there last year but everyone looked frustrated.

Stevinson is still awesome.
That's good to hear about Boulder.

I agree with you about acknowledgement issue at Prestige. I didn't learn as fast as you did however.

You are dead on about Stevinson. You must have missed my last message about that. I've been using them for a couple of years now and they are great.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Did you not stick a second CD into the player?
A family member accidentally did in ours and it didn't pop out but played fine LOL!
I would of just lost it. Probably punched the service manager and ended up in jail. That's like telling someone with a dead battery that they will have to buy a new car.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happened to me twice. Resolved itself, mysteriously, the following day.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:14 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
That's like telling someone with a dead battery that they will have to buy a new car.
Would that also be like telling someone with non spare equipped 2003/2004 Cayenne that they had to buy a new one to be able to use the space saver spare? I'm pretty sure I've seen that posted here. I also think they actually hooked the owner into taking the hit doing it.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
DJB
Instructor

Had the same issue, they replaced "totally" the whole screen unit and CD under warranty.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have Nav, but have CD changer in the back. I've never even tried using the in-dash CD unit!

Quick Reply: Stuck CD