Sponsored by:

A Dream Come True !

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A Dream Come True !

Some time around September or October 2004 I started asking questions and gathering information on the Cayenne. I also began the process of saving for the purchase of my dream machine. The long wait is over and today was the day that my dream came a bit closer to reality. I placed the order for my 2006 Cayenne Turbo. I should take delivery, in Leipzig, sometime in March 2006. I want to thank you all for your advice, input and patience with my questions about the Cayenne. Peace. JW
Old 12-16-2005, 05:59 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Johnnie!

I'll refrain from mentioning names, but I'm assuming that you ordered from the same source I did. Hopefully you have a better experience. Seriously though, I'm happy for you. You did forget to mention the options/colors. If you get a chance, I'd love to know.

-Matt
Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Congratulations and best of luck.

(Cayenne and dream machine...together in the same sentence, who would have guessed?)
Old 12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JW3
Some time around September or October 2004 I started asking questions and gathering information on the Cayenne. I also began the process of saving for the purchase of my dream machine. The long wait is over and today was the day that my dream came a bit closer to reality. I placed the order for my 2006 Cayenne Turbo. I should take delivery, in Leipzig, sometime in March 2006. I want to thank you all for your advice, input and patience with my questions about the Cayenne. Peace. JW
Congratz Man!!

I'll pick it up for you if you want,LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JW3

Please break it in as the manual states....its SO tempting to floor the monster once you get the keys.....plenty of time to do that afterwards
Old 12-17-2005, 02:04 AM
JW3
Racer

Thanks to you all. Matt, I made the purchase through the same place and so far so good. I am remaining focused.
As for the options:
Basalt Black Metallic
Black Leather
Sport Seats
Rocker Panel Extension (from the Sport Package)
Sport Techno 20 Inch Painted Wheels
Rear A/C
Module for Telephone PCM
Black Out Package
Black Roof Rails
Carbon Fiber Package (most of the aluminum dash & door trim will be carbon fiber as will the overhead grab handles, console grab handles, console base, steering wheel and gear selector)
Thermal Glass
Rear Window Sun Shades
Extended PCM/NAV
Porsche Crest in Headrests
That about does it - just your basic ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Cayenne Turbo . And, Tim I know what you mean, but break in will be by-the-book and so much pleasure. JW :
Old 12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

JW3, what is extended PCM/NAV??
Old 12-17-2005, 03:13 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats,and make sure you get to drive it in Germany!!

tom
Old 12-17-2005, 05:00 PM
JW3
Racer

Originally Posted by pdxjim
JW3, what is extended PCM/NAV??
According to Porsche, the extended PCM/NAV is the basic 6.5" screen with 12 button keypad. 2-tuner, top-radio with integrated MP3-capable CD player, DVD-based GPS navigation module on-board computer with simultaneous indicator of basic audio and navigation. Includes Offroad navigation for unmapped areas.
I am told this gives the ability to track or back-track ones trip using grid coordinates instead of the normal satellite tracking mode or when the satellite tracking mode is not available. I figure with this option I can't get lost since I do know how to use grids. I mean if I had to stop and ask for directions and met a fellow that spoke that language our friend Kooser spoke, I wouldn't understand a word. This was one of my 'nice-to-have' options (the other was the Porsche Crest on the head rest). JW
Old 12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Johnnie-

Your color choices are superb! Exactly what I would've chose, had it been my car. (it's my wife's.) Tell you what, you can have her '05 tomorrow, complete with 2 sets of wheels (18's for winter and 20's for summer), my TEquipmnent stuff, 4 months of the gas coupons, $7,000 to help offset difference AND a box of Andes Mints-- straight across for yours in March. ???

Can't wait to see it when you pick it up.

-Matt
Old 12-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Kooser
Pro

Talking

I figure with this option I can't get lost since I do know how to use grids. I mean if I had to stop and ask for directions and met a fellow that spoke that language our friend Kooser spoke, I wouldn't understand a word.

W-hibbely bibbely ma cracka.
Have fun with yo whip!

(W-hibbely bibbely 1. used in the same context as "wha blow" just elongated and sounds better. A term that ranges many emotions. from greeting a pal, to cursing something ****ty that has happened.)

(Whip 1. A Nice Car , usually expensive.)

P.S. I do speak English, B.E.V., German, and I am learning Polish FYI Beeatch!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:29 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
P.S. I do speak English, B.E.V., German, and I am learning Polish FYI Beeatch!

Gibt es ein Wort für Dich auf Deutsch? Also, wird "Homey" oder "Peep" verstanden? Klingt irgendwie kommisch, meiner Meinung nach.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

I have a personalized break in service. And because you are such a nice chap, I will waive the fees for the first three weeks. (hmmm... Let me see... round trip airfare...)

You may reply in this forum
Old 12-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Kooser
Pro

Gibt es ein Wort für Dich auf Deutsch?
Vielleicht wahnsinnig oder verrückt!

Bis später
Old 12-18-2005, 03:36 PM
JW3
Racer

Default Breaking In My Whip !

Kooser, verrückt is good, I can relate to verrückt. This language is very interesting. Matt, believe it or not, I've heard this used in some places in Germany (mostly among serious Hip-Hop crowds) - sounds even more foreign coming from a German. But, it is just as strange as to me as the language we used back in the Beatnik days was to my family (I caught the tail end of the Beatnik thing in the '60s). I know my grand parents thought we were from another planet with our language.
TORAGS - I have added your name to the list of helpful folks that have volunteered with the tedious task of breaking-in a new Turbo. However, any helpful tips for the break-in would be welcome. Matt, and a box of mints.....that is quite a deal you offered. Maybe we can discuss that more at Chili's - I mean that sort of humor should be done over a cool draft or in town with a nice Bordeaux. JW

Quick Reply: A Dream Come True !