worst gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:11 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torags
Man, I said "poster" as in poster (contributer) to this thread............ Jeesh... And oh I heard Chicago is the place where they wear white socks with tuxedos.... But I find that hard to believe...
Jeesh.. now poster(s) think we're saying poser(s) when we all know who the 150 mph poser(s) are!?!? BUT Torags, you're showing your age here buddy.. it wasn't white socks with tuxedos .. it was with black suits and sunglasses.. and their names were jake and elwood and they sang the blues.. Jeesh! Can't we get this forum back on "track" 8-Track that is!?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Filledukke
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to interupt, but I feel that some jumps from here to there is not uncommon in this thread..

Is there any one out there which is so kind, that he/she is willing to send me a copy of the MY04 warranty regeulations for the Porsche US car?

I tried with a new post but no luck so far and I have probably asked the whole PAG organisation including Germany head office, PCNA and two dealers in US. No body are willing to!! What kind of explosive stuff is included in this warranty??

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Filledukke; 12-08-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by alex911s
I can tell you the real porsche in your sig
It's the track appliance (964 Euro Cup car...the air cooled thing) isn't it?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Filledukke
Sorry to interupt, but I feel that some jumps from here to there is not uncommon in this thread..

Is there any one out there which is so kind, that he/she is willing to send me a copy of the MY04 warranty regeulations for the Porsche US car?

I tried with a new post but no luck so far and I have probably asked the whole PAG organisation including Germany head office, PCNA and two dealers in US. No body are willing to!! What kind of explosive stuff is included in this warranty??

Many thanks in advance!
I don't remember getting a document for the Porche 4 yr/50K warranty. I'll look through the marketing material. In the US the warranties are simplistic as compared to the "extended warranties" which are private insurers.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:57 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It's the track appliance (964 Euro Cup car...the air cooled thing) isn't it?
haha
, sorry was stuck reading the 200 something post about PSI against GIAC etc..my eyes are hurtinglol
Old 12-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Filledukke
AutoX

Thanks Torags,

I will continue search around....
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

old thread, but I just have to share something with you guys

got my personal best (or worst, depends how you look @ it) mileage today. really heavy traffic, driving was totally "digital" (1/0 = pedal to the medal/full brakes) I got 59,6 liters/100km. that translates to about 3,94 miles per gallon.
did 165mph on one strip, used up half a tank on a 22 mile drive.

but hey, it was definitely worth it. I was rushing to the hospital to see my baby girl being born. now I just hope there were no radars on the way, cause I forgot my V1 at home in the rush
Old 03-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
did 165mph on one strip, used up half a tank on a 22 mile drive. ....

but hey, it was definitely worth it. I was rushing to the hospital to see my baby girl being born.
Sheesh, glad for you and those drivers around you that you're all still alive.

... but congrats on the new addition!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 PM
AJN334
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do people always get gas from the same place/source. One of my concerns is always getting good quality 93oct from a station. If it "watered down" or mixed this will drastically reduce mileage and performance on any performance vehicle.

Things to try beyond normal maintenace like spark plugs, filters, etc. would be adding seafoam to a tank of fuel. This will help clen up some of the carbon build up in the motor. However using this additive to often some folks believe can not be good for some of the seals, sensors, etc. so I would save doing this for when you plan on doing some extended driving to burn through most of the gas a once...

Another maintenace item people often over look is the fuel filter. If you have gotten bad gas from gas stations on multiple these can become partially clogged.

Just some things to think about
Old 04-03-2011, 07:39 PM
grayhound04
Track Day

I drive an 04 CTT. I have gotten 16.7 mpg over the last 4K miles...and Portland is most hillly.

Three suggestions: 1. Don't drive like a granny, just reasonable. Afterall, you didn't buy a Cayenne to slug along. 2. Keep your climate control set on "econo" unless needed for steaming windows or hot weather. 3. Check tire pressure every two weeks. I have 39 lbs. in the front tires and 42 lbs. in the back tires
My 928 s4 (completely tuned) burns more gas than the CTT.

Quick Reply: worst gas mileage