Sponsored by:

worst gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:36 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog
i have A 04 CS and i get 13.5 mpg i drive like a granny and i still get it like that ,,and i know its bad b/c i get lil over 200 miles to a tank,,,,what can i do to change this just did a service still hasn't changed thanks guy s

That seems off to me...For my '06 CS with about 4,800 miles I have been getting (worst case) about 15 mpg in city driving with PSM off about half the time and (best case) 18 highway.

City mileage goes up to about 16.5 if I keep the PSM on.

Caveat-- These figures are based on what the car's mileage computer tells me. I have not done the calculations myself.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MadFox
Yes, but then I think some of these folks are not educating themselves before they buy.. not the case with Jaro, but, I think with any true sports car brand that you must realize:
a. they are thoroughbreds and thus temperamental
b. they are going to be fuel hogs
c. they'll be exhilarating and frustrating at the same time (ltc more on the f-side!)
d. they are expensive in every sense of the word, insurance, repairs, operating costs, parts, etc.

Now, I have my days, I'd like to shoot "das beast" but they are far outweighed by the good days. Don't tell me "et tu brutus?"
I agree. But the effect on the other side of the counter has been beneficial.

PCNA has to deal with buyers who are less tolerant and who drive their cars more than most of the garage queen pcars.

Its no secret that most used pcars have low mileage. Most owners don't use them as daily drivers.

I check my mileage at EVERY fill up. So I know that my trip computer is a lying SOB.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Torags
What I find unnerving is seeing some of these posters get their Pepper with so much enthusiasm and then have that turn to disappointment. ..
Why Torags, you smooth talker you...........

It would appear as though the effects of Purplesaurus Rex Kool Aid are NOT permanent.
Hmmn, wonder who's responsible for this disturbance in the force?

I say we find the S.O.B. responsible and string him up.....who's with me
Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Lewis, you have been quiet lately.... Your posts have been helpful...

I think the latest change in the application of the Koolaid has worked.. You know when they changed from injestion to enamas (probably didn't spell that right).....

;-)
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Bravo!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torags
What I find unnerving is seeing some of these posters get their Pepper with so much enthusiasm and then have that turn to disappointment. We're here to witness the entire cycle. The internet can get real personal...
Torags, hope you are not calling me a poser....last I heard CA is the land of posers so you might perhaps be one of them....I work hard for my money and appreciate fine things in life but I do not want to spend most of my time driving to or from a dealer....if I was I would drive a 5 series, 911 or something else. I would never get another SUV after driving the Cayenne....I do love this truck but it simply gets to me with all the f____g issues all the time....now gas mileage is simply getting to me....I love the car and way it drives as I said many times before. I can put up with some issues but it is geting to be simply ridiculous. My dream has been to own a 911 so perhaps it is time to own a real Porsche and dump the result of PAG's and VW's affair......I'll either keep it till it simply falls apart or trade of of it and get into a 911 or some BMW....
Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Man, I said "poster" as in poster (contributer) to this thread............ Jeesh...

And oh I heard Chicago is the place where they wear white socks with tuxedos.... But I find that hard to believe...
Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JARO
My dream has been to own a 911 so perhaps it is time to own a real Porsche and dump the result of PAG's and VW's affair......I'll either keep it till it simply falls apart or trade of of it and get into a 911 or some BMW....

hey Jaro,

Make sure owners of 924,944,968,928 dont read this thread,911 a real Porsche? haha remember I was so convinced that the 997 will satisfy me, after selling all my accessories for the CS changed my mind, after driving it, went back and bought the Cayenne Turbo instead.
If I can have 2 cars I'll have a cayenneS or TT and an air cooled 911 preperably the 993(the real porsche)

I remember talking to a real 911 owner at a concours he said my dream is to keep this car and own a Cayenne
Old 12-08-2005, 07:31 PM
JARO
Pro

alright torags..sorry...I thought you meant poser....sorry...yeah we have a few of those around....however would never trade Chicago for SF or any other city in CA....

the ultimate drea would be to own both the cayenne and a 911...997 would be sufficient for me...just can't justify owning 2 cars like that....there are better ways of spending money.....
Why did you dislike the 997? not very practical...

by the way, my dealer got the first cayman in! It was under a cover in their showroom and they are not to reveal it until Jan 14th...must say it is one sweet looking machine!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JARO
Why did you dislike the 997? not very practical...

by the way, my dealer got the first cayman in! It was under a cover in their showroom and they are not to reveal it until Jan 14th...must say it is one sweet looking machine!
I didnt dislike it the car actually drives very well but power wise the 997S is better but that's beyond my reach, yeah i guess practicality but if I was single I would jump on the 997 definitely. Not that the CTT is practical, but over all it's a no brainer, like you fine things in my life are due to my hard work
my parents never bought me a car,but my sister never had to buy a car,haha.

Cayman: January 14th? it's been in the showroom here for 3.5 weeks now. PCNA sent demos to every dealer , but no touch/no drive jsut for display marketing strategy, and a teaser,lol
Old 12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
JARO
Pro

i was able to touch and sit in one...pretty much fully loeaded about 70k...a 06 carrera with a few options but pretty base was about 76 sticker and would sell for 72 or so....tempted...no kids..2 small dogs...perhaps a pre-driven one would tempt me but then I might want to get into a 997S or C4S...so many options....what to do...what to do....
Old 12-08-2005, 08:55 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

I wont be able to resist a C4S that's my weakness,LOL
Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by alex911s
Make sure owners of 924,944,968,928 dont read this thread,911 a real Porsche?
I own a 968 and I'm reading this thread.......should I not be?
I own water cooled and air cooled Porsches....and a Cayenne....exactly which one is the 'real' Porsche....I can tell you which one ISN'T.

Originally Posted by alex911s
I remember talking to a real 911 owner at a concours he said my dream is to keep this car and own a Cayenne
Yes, and imagine how quickly his dream would turn into a potential nightmare.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
JARO
Pro

hahahahaha...ltc, ltc...how boring would this forum be without you......?? very I'd say...
Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I own a 968 and I'm reading this thread.......should I not be?
I own water cooled and air cooled Porsches....and a Cayenne....exactly which one is the 'real' Porsche....I can tell you which one ISN'T.

Yes, and imagine how quickly his dream would turn into a potential nightmare.
I can tell you the real porsche in your sig

Quick Reply: worst gas mileage