Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Cayenne Turbo up to 150 Mph...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:25 PM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Cayenne Turbo up to 150 Mph...

Was getting onto the interstate today in my Cayenne Turbo with a debadged black Audi in my rearview. Before I could change lanes to get around the slow people in front of me, he shot around me like a cannon and kept on accelerating. I immediately hit my PSM button to turn it off and floored it. Within seconds I was going 150 mph trying to catch up with him. He slowed because of traffic and I followed him, weaving, around the traffic until we got to a place to open the cars up again. He took off as did I behind him. He slowly was pulling away as we reached back up to around 150 mph. I caught up beside him and rolled down the window to ask him what kind of Audi it was. He said S4, and I asked him if it was an RS4 but he said no. He then said it was souped up, but I couldnt hear what upgrades he said he had because of the wind noise. We gave each other a thumbs up and went about our business.

Bottom line: What a blast this Porsche Suv is. It rode like butter at 150 mph, never felt like it was coming off the ground or unsafe. I love it. I do not like to lose, but it was worth it. Hopefully next time I see that car Ill be in my 625 Hp 745 lb torque Renntech SL600. Anyone have any idea what he could have possibly had done to his car? I was impressed. I drove an S4 before and it was a nice car to drive, similar power to my Cayenne Turbo.

2005 Red SRT-10 Viper
2004 Black Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2004 Black SL600 Renntech upgrades
2005 Silver Infiniti FX45 Tech Package(fiances)
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V (sold)
2005 Black Infiniti FX45 (sold)
2005 Black BMW Z4 (sold)

Last edited by 04BlackTanTurbo; 11-23-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04BlackTanTurbo
Was getting onto the interstate today in my Cayenne Turbo with a debadged black Audi in my rearview. Before I could change lanes to get around the slow people in front of me, he shot around me like a cannon and kept on accelerating. I immediately hit my PSM button to turn it off and floored it. Within seconds I was going 150 mph trying to catch up with him. He slowed because of traffic and I followed ....... Bottom line: What a blast this Porsche Suv is. It rode like butter at 150 mph, never felt like it was coming off the ground or unsafe. I love it. I do not like to lose, but it was worth it.
I'll probably get flamed here... but here goes.. Where in the heck in the Franklin/Nashville area can you safely go 150 mph? i.e. What stretch of interstate? I went to school in Nashville and our family has property in south Tennessee.. Nevermind - everytime I'm in the area there at tons of Tennessee's finest patrolling? The vehicle is safe -- and... maybe I'm the lone ranger here... If you're in Nevada..West Texas... Montana maybe.. but in TN? Or did you mean 150 KPH?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone have any idea what he could have possibly had done to his car? I was impressed. I drove an S4 before and it was a nice car to drive, similar power to my Cayenne Turbo.

S4's are easy to modify same as your cayenne, there's a 530HP upgrade for the cayenne just ecu tuning and exhaust. If that was a base S4, he will be catching up to you..

here's the one for audi S4: this is for the 00-02 not the new ones

'''GIAC created custom software for AWE Tuning’s Audi® S4™ RSK04 turbo upgrade project. The national press and owners agree: no other Audi® S4™ tuning package can touch the power and drivability of the AWE Tuning RSK04 turbo kit. Based on calibrated BorgWarner K04 turbochargers from the Europe-only Audi® RS4, the RSK04 turbo kit produces an astounding 440 hp and 420 torque on pump fuel as tested on the AWE Tuning chassis dyno, with full torque available as low as 2900 rpms. The RSK04 turbo kit transforms a competent sedan into a world class supercar.
440 hp / 420 torque on pump fuel, 510 hp / 500 torque on race fuel

90 hp and 60 ft/lbs. of torque increase as compared to stock turbos on typical chip

No loss of low end torque as compared to stock turbos on typical chip

No turbo lag

High 11 second quarter mile times posted by owners on race fuel
"""""""
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

I meant 150 Miles Per Hour, and it was on interstate 65. No cops around where we were at, traffic was light.

2005 Red SRT-10 Viper
2005 Black BMW Z4 (sold)

Last edited by 04BlackTanTurbo; 11-23-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Not trying to one up you (you've got the same car for Pete's sake), but I have had mine a smidgen above 160 mph. That was on the A6 here in Germany. The undeniable absurdity of that speed in that car, made clear by the physics of inertia, encouraged me to slow down very soon after. While it is fast, I'm more of a torque thrill seeker and not necessarily top speed. Clear sunny days on empty Autobahn's will tempt me now and again though.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I meant 150 Miles Per Hour, and it was on interstate 65. No cops around where we were at, traffic was light.
What about the "weaving around traffic" part? And you're lookng forward to racing that idiot again?

If you want to open up your Cayenne, do it at a PCA DE event or similar track day. You won't have to worry about the cops lurking up ahead with "instant on" radar, or the car in "light" traffic who may make a lane change in front of you because he has no idea a car is coming up behind doing 3 times his speed.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Renn 951
What about the "weaving around traffic" part? And you're looking forward to racing that idiot again? .... If you want to open up your Cayenne, do it at a PCA DE event or similar track day. You won't have to worry about the cops lurking up ahead with "instant on" radar, or the car in "light" traffic who may make a lane change in front of you because he has no idea a car is coming up behind doing 3 times his speed.
This was my point. I know the area.. and I-65 on those stetches is not devoid of traffic or potential potholes where a high-speed blowout causes a rollover fatality, etc. Never mind Old Farmer Bubba in his pickup truck doing 50 mph with Bessie in a trailer... IMO, "Goosing it" to +/-100 (or so) for grins/giggles for ten seconds is still almost 50% faster than traffic and RISKY.. BUT --- going 150 (other than on the autobahn or a track where drivers know some are going 1xx mph) is reckless driving (never mind if it is racing another vehicle) ... if one survives a crash and in turn, kills someone, then whatever your economic station in life is -- it just changed.. that "thrill" will either result in prison time or the loss of whatever assets you have.. As a forum of "enthusiasts" and a place for opinion.. I know I'm now really asking to be flamed.. But, I think this was less than prudent (and I'm being PC as I can be)

Signed, MadFox
Former Pilot and Retired Navy Flyboy who loves speed but would never drive 150 on an interstate. PERIOD.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:42 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Madfox, being stupid is one thing being irresponsible with other peoples lives is another.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Don't be this story:
( Boston Globe Archives, 2005-11-06 )
State Police investigators have located a fourth car they believe was involved in a fatal accident on the Lowell Connector Thursday evening, a spokeswoman for the Middlesex district attorney's office said. Emily LaGrassa said police believe they found the car that may have been drag racing with an Acura Integra driven by 18-year-old Carlos Rodriguez of Lowell. Police allege Rodriguez lost control of his car at 92 miles per hour, causing it to flip and become airborne, landing on a Subaru station wagon traveling in the opposite direction and then hitting another car. The pregnant driver of the Subaru, Deborah J. Hornberger, and her fetus were both killed. LaGrassa declined to give out further information.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:41 AM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

Thanks guys for the good lecture. I understand where you are coming from. I knew when I posted I woud get alot of people whining about how I shouldnt be going that fast on the freeway. I posted anyways. Dangerous as it was, It's done and I'm not ashamed to tell the story.

The Cayenne Turbo is a great vehicle, I got to use it how it was intended, and I had a blast. I rarely drive over 100 Mph, but every once in a while I open it up when I feel safe doing so. I was just surprised how in control the car felt as I climbed to that top speed. I wasnt really racing, it was more like following, I had pretty much no chance of over taking that S4 unless he backed off, and I kept my distance. The brakes were also surprisingly good, was able to drop down to like 80 to "weave" through some traffic very quickly.

All of you posers out there who have insanely powerful cars and always obey the speed limits are missing out. Get out there and have some fun. I have yet to see another Cayenne Turbo in the Nasvhille area; (lots of V6's and S's)if you see one in your rearview get out of the way!!

2005 Red SRT-10 Viper
2005 Black BMW Z4 (sold)

Last edited by 04BlackTanTurbo; 11-23-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, you are reckless and don't care, in my books that makes you the poser. Great example to your kids. I wonder if you will feel the same when one of them tries to emulate you and dies.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for the good lecture. I understand where you are coming from. I knew when I posted I woud get alot of people whining about how I shouldnt be going that fast on the freeway. I posted anyways. Dangerous as it was, It's done and I'm not ashamed to tell the story........All of you posers out there who have insanely powerful cars and always obey the speed limits are misisng out. Get out there and have some fun. ....
it appears that at least you didn't get a huge chip on your shoulder as many would have when they post a really "honest" thread about something a 'tad' bit risky.. well, DANGEROUS... I have driven FAST on interstates in remote areas but never that fast (except on a track and the autobahn...like our German friend who posted.. I slowed down pretty quick because I felt like I needed a parachute and an ejection seat at 150)...and on public roads here in the USA, I always think that 3 college/HS kids and a wife would say.. "what the hell was he doing driving that fast" at my funeral... my wife of 25 years to this day would not fly with me in a plane and generally uses her "brake" on the pax side (joke) quite often and puts her arm out to brace herself on twisties. Enjoy the accelleration of the TT.. and then go to a track every now and then.. as a Porsche fellow fan and apparently a car enthusiast.. we'd hate to be reading your obit. /// oh, and one last thing.. we are NOT whining.. that would be your fiance' when she is your wife.. we're merely pointing out that drafting a faster car in traffic is probably at best dumb.. at worst deadly.. you post.. expect honest feedback.

Last edited by MadFox; 11-28-2005 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Email was too nice. Tone down the nice rhetoric!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had my truck out on the race track for DE's, but only in the wet. It is much more exciting ( I feel) and safe doing this in a controlled environment, not endangering anybody else. Getting the truck up to about 110 (mph) and hitting the brakes, having all of the 'puter stuff assist me is a blast! Doing this in the wet it much more educational and not as hard on the truck. Making the entry to the chicane with not having all of the systems shut down is an accomplishment. When one is going too fast for the entry, one gets to almost stop before systems resume thier normal functions. Then, stomping on the gas, getting to the next turn and braking, trying to get the rear end (with PSM on) to hang out a bit is more fun than "boy racing" on the interstate.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
All of you posers out there who have insanely powerful cars and always obey the speed limits are missing out.
Posers.....Hmmn, I don't suppose you would care to name names? Anyone in particular?

Get out there and have some fun.
I realize this is a complete waste of time, but I'll do it anyways:

http://www.pca.org/drivers_ed/index.html

http://www.pca.org/drivers_ed/mission.html

The mission and purpose of the Porsche Club of America's Driver's Education Program is to provide a safe, structured and controlled teaching and learning environment. The PCA DE Program is designed so that participants can improve their driving abilities and acquire a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and driving safety. Participants will experience first-hand the capabilities of high performance automobiles in a controlled, closed-course environment and acquire skills that will enhance safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:43 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, can I join the "Porsche Poser" club too? Do we get a free T-Shirt with membership?

Quick Reply: Got Cayenne Turbo up to 150 Mph...