While in Germany squeezed 164mph out of my CTT

PS...there was no traffic......
Old 11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlieboy
While in Germany squeezed 164mph out of my CTT PS...there was no traffic......
On the autobahn where at least your fellow drivers no that a "missile" may be in the left lane.. they stay to the right at ALL times other than to pass.. it is still a dangerous speed but not illegal, too. I hope you have some track experience or know how to handle that speed... In my book, simply goosing it to a speed that 99% of the world's drivers cannot handle in an emergency still puts you on Santa's naughty list
I flew airplanes privately and in the Navy and the guys who risked things like going under a bridge or flew too fast below 10K in civilian airspace or unauthorized fly-bys at civilian airports at above 250 knots were grounded... unfortunately the Navy knew that once a guy does the unsafe.. he always will.. so they ground him/her before they kill someone besides themselves.. sadly, mr. blackturbo has no one to "ground" him (well maybe his parents if they knew... he may be a rich country singer's kid living in franklin, tn - home of many!) so I have no doubt that he'll do 150 again trying to impress himself or his friends and one day he may be like the picture posted.. but then maybe not.. but true enthusiasts and professionals don't condone the behavior. oh well.... time for the Kool-Aid and some more FLAMES!!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
remind me not to share any war stories w/y'all
as a possible military guy in a "support our troops area".. you know the "territory" and the consequences of not staying in the "safe" zone. Share your war stories.. but dont' expect a "shore pass" if you were unsafe or totally irresponsible.. Regardless, I salute and thank you for your service either assisting the troops or as one.

MadFox
Retired Navy Flyboy
Old 11-29-2005, 02:15 PM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can’t believe this thread is still active, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now for the responses:

1. If you have never gone over the speed limit in your life, please reply and say so, congratulations you are a poser AND a liar.

2. We all know that some people are better drivers than others. Just because there's some of you who cant handle driving at high speeds in light traffic, doesn’t mean some people can’t do it safely.

3. it’s pretty obvious that going 150 MPH on the freeway is not really all that safe, that's what makes it a story worth posting. How great would it be if someone posted a story about how they got all the way up to 70 Mph?

4. Showing pictures of accidents proves nothing.

5. Car technology and safety has gotten way better in the past 10 years, yet speed limits have stayed the same. Does anyone actually dare to admit they don’t feel safe driving 80 mph in a 70 mph zone with their Cayenne Turbo? If so please sell all your cars and get off the road before you kill someone.

6. Other car enthusiast forums whine as well when someone posts a story such as this. At least there are people there that are willing to admit to their own speeding. 150 mph on public roads would be like standing still compared to numerous stories I’ve heard elsewhere. I should have known the cayenne forum would be full of soccer moms.

7. The purpose of the post was to show how great the Cayenne Turbo is. If I wanted a lecture I would ask your mother as she was leaving my house.

8. Love your post Charlieboy; ducking for cover was smart

In all seriousness, I hope to do most of my high speeding at a track in the near future. If I do happen to have another great story to tell, I’ll word it so you guys feel better
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 04BlackTanTurbo
2. We all know that some people are better drivers than others. Just because there's some of you who cant handle driving at high speeds in light traffic, doesn’t mean some people can’t do it safely.
Could you please post your driving resume/experience? It would appear as though you are qualified in some fashion to 'handle driving at high speeds in light traffic' and you are clearly able to classify and categorize people based on their driving abilities

5. Car technology and safety has gotten way better in the past 10 years, yet speed limits have stayed the same. Does anyone actually dare to admit they don’t feel safe driving 80 mph in a 70 mph zone with their Cayenne Turbo? If so please sell all your cars and get off the road before you kill someone.
Yes, car technology has improved, as has safety to a degree. Unfortunately, human physiology has not.
I would suggest you Google the term 'BSF' or 'Basilar Skull Fracture'

6. I should have known the cayenne forum would be full of soccer moms.
Strange that you would still go ahead and post anyways knowing the demographic of the forum. BTW, I don't think there are many female Cayenne forum members.

7. The purpose of the post was to show how great the Cayenne Turbo is. If I wanted a lecture I would ask your mother as she was leaving my house.
So, any vehicle that can do 150mph in traffic is great....at least we have a benchmark.
As for the comment regarding 'mother'....bravo.

In all seriousness, I hope to do most of my high speeding at a track in the near future.
I'd actually enjoy meeting you at a track someday. It would be an enlightening experience I'm sure.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
sadly, mr. blackturbo has no one to "ground" him (well maybe his parents if they knew... he may be a rich country singer's kid living in franklin, tn - home of many!)
BINGO!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
BINGO!
And I bet his mom is a "soccer mom" too! Never mind he shows his age with the "your mother just left my house".. my college boys all joke about how some guy's mom is "doing him".. so we now know... he's young, he's foolish, and for now, he's alive.. I just hope my kid isn't on the highway with him when he finally loses it and t-bones a car!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

MadFox-

Although I can't claim your same sacrifice on behalf of our country, I have spent almost half a year in Iraq helping to deploy a new technology for our military. How does that relate to this thread or anything you said? It doesn't really, but (and I have no idea why!) when I got back, I've been terrified of speed. The speed limits on the base I was at over there were 15 kph at their highest...maybe that was it. Before I left, ~100-130 mph on the Autobahn was very comfortable...now I'd have to be considered a wuss.

My ~ 160 mph on the A6 was before my time there. But even then (much more so now), I'm constantly envisioning a deer running out, a tire blowing or any other fluke thing happening. Not a big concern really; as I said, I love the torque much more than top speed. My ideal would be a track/route with lots of turns and speeds hovering around 40-60 mph.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by phantomias33
...now I'd have to be considered a wuss.
No, actually according to the person who started this thread and now holds the title of 'Cayenne Forum Driving Instructor', you would be a 'soccer mom'.

I'm constantly envisioning a deer running out, a tire blowing or any other fluke thing happening.
Again, according to our 'Cayenne Forum Driving Instructor' you should immediately 'sell your cars and get off the road before you kill someone'.

Mr Moderator, didn't we once have a talk about bed check time for the kids in this forum
Old 11-29-2005, 08:01 PM
356driver
Racer

1. If you have never gone over the speed limit in your life, please reply and say so, congratulations you are a poser AND a liar.
OK I admit it. I owned a 1960 VW camper from 1973-1975 and I never exceeded the speed limit. Even when they lowered the speed limit to 55 mph.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh look, our "Official Cayenne Forum Driving Instructor" has a new video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5339&q=m+coupe

Yup, that sure looks like clean, safe fun.

Uh oh, it's 11PM, bed check and lights out here at the "vacation villa"..........gotta go
Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 356driver
OK I admit it. I owned a 1960 VW camper from 1973-1975 and I never exceeded the speed limit. Even when they lowered the speed limit to 55 mph.
Ditto (at least for a few months of my life).. had a Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (that threw a rod and we couldn't fix for months) so got a (I have no idea what year) Dodge Coronet 440 with bald tires, a smoking engine, a cracked windshield for 2-3 months for $400. Its terminal velocity down a hill was 48 mph! Man what a high school chick magnet that was!!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:48 PM
426H
Advanced

Originally Posted by ltc
Oh look, our "Official Cayenne Forum Driving Instructor" has a new video:
That kid on the bike is really crazy. Last summer I saw him on a highway south of stockholm. I was in the right lane in my cayenne cruising quite fast ~ 90-100 mph. He came up alongside in the left lane, pulled up the bike on the back wheel and disapeared in the horizon (still on his back wheel).

There is a rumor he killed himself in a crash this fall. I dunno.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:18 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

MadFox- Although I can't claim your same sacrifice on behalf of our country, I have spent almost half a year in Iraq helping to deploy a new technology for our military.
I salute you sir! Without being too emotional, it is beyond the jerks who are left of center here (even stupid vets who call for withdrawal) to understand the risk that you made for the Islamic democratic hopeful world (not just Iraq) and our military. Thank you for your service... much more risk than mine for 6 active duty years during the '80's or my reserve time. God bless you and your family.

I have no idea why! --- when I got back, I've been terrified of speed. The speed limits on the base I was at over there were 15 kph at their highest...maybe that was it. Before I left, ~100-130 mph on the Autobahn was very comfortable...now I'd have to be considered a wuss. My ~ 160 mph on the A6 was before my time there. But even then (much more so now), I'm constantly envisioning a deer running out, a tire blowing or any other fluke thing happening. Not a big concern really; as I said, I love the torque much more than top speed. My ideal would be a track/route with lots of turns and speeds hovering around 40-60 mph.
You are no "wuss" sir. Again, six months of crawling at 15kph will make your higher speeds seem unbelievable.. I always realized after doing lots of touch and gos with my private plane that I would be doing 90 or 100 and not realize it -- you get used to the visual of whatever speed you've been doing.. But I think we agree -- young people going 150 mph on an interstate is irrational and immature...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:47 AM
356driver
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
Ditto (at least for a few months of my life).. had a Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (that threw a rod and we couldn't fix for months) so got a (I have no idea what year) Dodge Coronet 440 with bald tires, a smoking engine, a cracked windshield for 2-3 months for $400. Its terminal velocity down a hill was 48 mph! Man what a high school chick magnet that was!!
I forgot to mention my 1959 Renault Dauphine. My buddy and I bought it from our math teacher for $50. We drove it to his house (never exceeding the speed limit). Then we decided to give it a tune up. It never ran again. We towed it to a junkyard (never exceeding the speed limit) and sold it for $25. An expensive lesson in auto mechanics for two 16 year olds.

Quick Reply: Got Cayenne Turbo up to 150 Mph...