Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I trade my Monster for MB CLS500 ???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I trade my Monster for MB CLS500 ???????

Hi all,

I saw this new MB CLS (4 door) coupe, and it is the most beautiful car I have ever seen in my life. I just fell for it....

Should I trade my CS for it??? I know they are completely different creatures, but is it worth it?

I only got 5000 miles on my Cayenne, so I kinda feel that it a sin to let it go depreciated, while its still very new.

I don't know, I need some HELP. Keep in mind I'm not a person who change cars every year or so. I usually stick to what I buy for at least 5 or 6 years.

BUT THIS CLS KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF
Old 04-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say if the CLS isn't making you go back and forth on your decision go for it.

I assume the CLS is in its first production year so the only real advise would be to wait a year then jump on it. Otherwise, if you want a summer toy and can't resist, your warranty should be fine if you can deal with a possible headache.

I would love to explain some frustrations we've had with our Mercedes, not so much the car but the dealer service, hopefully you may have a better experience.

Look on MBworld, they should be able to influence you on a go ahead or if their have been some issues.

The CLS is a beautiful car, good luck!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:45 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you can live with a 2 door go for it, but those rear doors and rear seat are practically useless. then again if you can livewith two doors I rather have any Porsche. The CLS looks good, no doubt, but it doesn't deliver on it's promise and their quality is really, really suspect.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:13 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Try the CLS55 instead. My wife and I have found that the electronics in our '05 C320 Sports Coupe is superior to our '04 CT. It is like night and day. The MB NAV has a useful user interface. The phone is fully integrated. The vehicle is pre-wired for options not yet included. In all cases Porsche not only missed the target, they never drove out to the range.

Unlike the relatively small list of quality problems with my CT, the MB had almost no quality issues.

There is no hesitation in my recommendation of MB products. I would lean towards the excessive power of the AMG. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

CLS55 > Cayenne S.

CLS500 is not worthed.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Harbormaster
Instructor

I saw it @ the NY Auto Show.....an awesome exterior but a disappointing interior....and I'm not referring to the tight interior due to the body shape. It had the most awful real "fake looking" wood on any machine I've seen in years.......but oh that exterior silhouette......WOW.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

cheap bling from the GMC of germany. mercedes is history. and driving wise it's just an E class... yawn.

stick w/the CT
Old 05-01-2005, 10:59 PM
angeloc
3rd Gear

i own the cayenne s and also cls 55 the two of them are like night and day.how could one compare the 55 to a cayenne, or vies versa,the 55 will blow the doors off of anything in its class the cayenne will over power most anything in its class.These vehicles are in diffrent class. i love the 55 inside and out look at the wheels on the 55.suede headliner and raw power.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:14 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

I think it looks nice
Old 05-02-2005, 11:16 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by watt
cheap bling from the GMC of germany. mercedes is history. and driving wise it's just an E class... yawn.

stick w/the CT
I have to agree with Watt. I saw one in motion for the first time the other day and I have to say I was not impressed. If it drives anything like my mothers E class... big yawn.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:59 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Guys thank you so much for your replies, it gave me lots of insight.

The CLS as an awesome piece of art. Nevertheless, listen to my little story that happened yesterday.

I went to Costco for my normal monthly shopping (FILLED UP THE TRUNK TO THE MAX) and was driving like usual (grandma driving in Boston POT HOLES roads) suddenly I saw an M3 who was trying to compete and cut me off. I felt the blood rushing through my head and it was time to unleash the Costco loaded Monster

With my CS, and all the shopping in the trunk (boxes and boxes of Pepsi, drinks, foods and a big boxed leather chair) I was able to break the M3's neck somehow (Theoretically the M3 should beat me hands down) But I guess I was a better driver.

With the CLS, M3 or so, the most you can fit in the trunk would probably be 3 cases of 6 packs

Anyhow, once I got home, I realized how of an amazing car I have.

Trunk that can hold anything of any size, an SUV that can drive over anything, and yet sporty as HELL. Man, I wouldn't give up my babe for ANYTHING.

Last edited by magicdracula; 05-03-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Should I trade my Monster for MB CLS500 ???????