Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone help me interpret steering wheel option?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me interpret steering wheel option?

Nearing the end of one of the worst ordering experiences I've ever had, I've just discovered that something my 'dealer' told me was standard on all Turbo's is indeed not standard. I had wanted my steering wheel to have more than just the tiptronic buttons, but also the radio controls, etc. Come to find out (after calling Porsche in Leipzig directly), that is an option. I've combed over the options guide I have and the only prayer I may have for still getting this option is if it's bundled with something I did get. Is it possible that the following option includes it:

PO4 - Light-Comfort Package in combination w/Comfort Sports Seats or Driver Memory Pkg

??

The lady at Porsche in Leipzig is double checking for me, but she is next to positive that it's too late for my order to include this.

This is SO aggravating; to specifically want an option, be told it was standard and not to worry about it, then find out you don't get it.

Anyway, can someone confirm my worst fear and let me know if this is indeed not standard and doesn't come with the aforementioned package?

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:50 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My 03 S has the radio controls on the wheel that change the stations (no presets :-( ), changes the CD tracks and adjusts volume. Truck came with PCM and 6 disc changer. Not sure what the option is you are talking about. My 05 TT truck has been produced so hope I did not miss something.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:57 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Well, the option is:

PI2 - 3 - Spoke Multi-Function LEather Steering Wheel Incl. Radio and Telephone Control

This, is NOT on my invoice. When I sat down with the dealer, there was a Cayenne on the showroom floor not 10 feet from us that we looked at and I specifically said, "Oh, I really want a steering wheel with those controls." He said, "The new 05 Turbo's all have that, it's standard."

Sucks for me that I believed him, because I'm starting to think it's not standard.

The option:

PI1 - 3 - Spoke Multi-Function Steering wheel w/ radio controls

..is listed as another option (so same thing, just minus telephone control), but then has the following listed underneath it: CO2 (S). So I suppose that it's possible that radio control is standard for CO2 (America), but phone is not. I just don't know how to interpret it.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Interpret as the radio controls are standard for Cayenne S and Turbo in the US market. Radio control is an option for the 6 cylinder....

May have changed for 05, but I sincerely doubt it. Have never seen an S or Turbo without it.

Go look a car or two on the lot- won't be an 05, and the multifunction steeing wheel may not list on the sticker, but it should be in the car. You could also go to http://porschedealer.com/dealer/ and find some pictures of specific cars to ease your mind. Have a car on the way to me from Georgia to replace my 03, and I just went to check the photo of it. Multi function not on the list of standard or optional items, but it is in the photo of car online.

Relax- you are good to go.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:23 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Well that was actually why I didn't think to much about it when the dealer told me it was standard: I've never seen a Cayenne without one on it. But when I started having my doubts in the competency of my dealer, I began checking and rechecking the invoice. Noticing this option not listed on the invoice, I then went to the car configurator on Porsche. I noticed on that Shockwave screen that loads when configuring the interior, that the image didn't have the control buttons. Of course, there also wasn't an option to even put it in there.

Anyway, this isn't the reason for my disgust with my dealer. The other reasons are numerous and based on either undisputable incompetency on his behalf or just outright lies. BUT, on account that no one should care about that and listing them doesn't seem to be at all productive or uplifting, I'll just continue to vent to myself. Thanks for the input though.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:14 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Multi function steering wheel

phantomias33,

The multi-function steering wheel is an option here in the UK, where manufacturers tend to charge extra for pretty much everything they can think of...When I had my Turbo in the US, it was definitely standard.
However that is possibly one of the easiest mistakes the dealer can rectify, all steering wheels are available as parts as well so I am sure given it is his mistake he might charge you the cost of the extra as if you bought it from the factory and fit it on your car pre delivery. Obviously if you were to fit it afterwards it would cost more but that is the least your dealer can do given he misled you...
if you want to check out a picture of the wheel without the buttons here
and click on the interior pic. It doesn't look great I think and you should definitely get your dealer to fix this.

cpd1
Old 07-16-2004, 03:17 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Default 04 TT Steering Wheel

My 04 TT does not have any steering wheel option called out on the sticker or order.

It has radio controls on the wheel and little buttons on the back side of the wheel that light up the buttons. I assume this is the "lighting comfort package" that they're talking about. Seems like this is "standard" in the US Turbo for 04.

I also have the full memory seats and etc...

Alex
Old 07-27-2004, 04:09 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Have it on my cayenne v6

I bought the base v6 with moonroof and cd changer option and I do have the
radio control buttons on my steering wheel, I have an '04 manufactured 05/04
Hope this helps...

Quick Reply: Can someone help me interpret steering wheel option?