Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The right way to install wireless CarPlay, wireless charging and a backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021 | 09:51 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kino1161
Jeff Spahn…..That's what I want! What radio do you have?
Sent you PM to keep his thread his thread
Old 01-12-2021 | 10:18 AM
SheaTuned
Advanced

Figured everything out. Problem turned out being that the JoyCon on CarTFT's website and in the manual is a old version and no longer works. Only found the right version on another site.

Last question - Why did you map all the buttons to the F1-F5 buttons? Other than volume up and down and mute? What do they allow you to do? Deciding whether to follow suit with that or map to other buttons.

Thank you!

Last edited by SheaTuned; 01-13-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-30-2021 | 01:13 PM
Kira Langolf
6th Gear

Default I want one!

Love this!!!
Wanna come and install one for me in sunny south Florida?!

Actually, I am still trying to find the battery drain/electrical issue that is haunting my 2004 Cayenne S and, so that has to be resolved first
But thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Old 01-30-2021 | 07:19 PM
SheaTuned
Advanced

So its been a while since I finished but I have been caught up in other projects. I finished it and its fantastic. I still need to go back in and change some of the commands I programmed through trial and error. But look familiar?

The following users liked this post:
odfijoij (02-06-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 11:04 PM
Flyarmyguns
7th Gear

So its been almost a year now.... Can you please provide an update?
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the same setup so a last minute confirmation would be great! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2021 | 12:58 AM
odfijoij
Track Day

Originally Posted by Flyarmyguns
So its been almost a year now.... Can you please provide an update?
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the same setup so a last minute confirmation would be great! Thanks!
I still have this setup, and I love it. I only use the CarPlay functionality — it connects without any issues each time (I set it to "Software rendering" in the CarPlay Android App and it seems to make it more reliable — the hardware video decoding option wasn't 100% reliable in my experience.)

I made two changes since my last post:

I replaced the outdated USB port on the dashboard with a USB-C port: https://www.ocp.com/product/62-00211/
You can pair it with a 60W charger https://www.usbgear.com/CG-PD60PPS.html; it quickcharges iPhones (with the white iPhone USB-C cable) and can charge your laptop.

https://trioma.ru/wp-content/uploads...amp4.0_eng.pdf
I also bought the four channel (Russian) MOST-AMP 4.0 audio adapter (on eBay) to replace the two channel Seicane MOST audio adapter that came with the head unit — it bothered me slightly that the Seicane MOST adapter only sends audio to the front speakers in the car. (The fader functionality in the Amplifier app in the Seicane unit doesn't work with the Seicane MOST adapter...ugh...)

The MOST-AMP 4.0 audio quality seems better (more speakers are active) and the fader functionality seems to work OK; I haven't fully installed it yet as I have to redo my wiring harnesses (Anybody have one they want to sell me?)
Old 11-02-2021 | 08:25 AM
lkraav
Intermediate

Originally Posted by odfijoij
https://trioma.ru/wp-content/uploads...amp4.0_eng.pdf
I also bought the four channel (Russian) MOST-AMP 4.0 audio adapter (on eBay) to replace the two channel Seicane MOST audio adapter that came with the head unit — it bothered me slightly that the Seicane MOST adapter only sends audio to the front speakers in the car. (The fader functionality in the Amplifier app in the Seicane unit doesn't work with the Seicane MOST adapter...ugh...)
Ohh nice. I was wondering about this "front speaker plugs only" on my Dynavin N7 setup.
Old 11-02-2021 | 02:33 PM
Flyarmyguns
7th Gear

Can you provide a link to a seller? I can't seem to find the 4 channel adapter anywhere.

Thanks for the update! I'm ordering stereo equipment now...
Old 11-02-2021 | 02:46 PM
odfijoij
Track Day

Originally Posted by Flyarmyguns
Can you provide a link to a seller? I can't seem to find the 4 channel adapter anywhere.

Thanks for the update! I'm ordering stereo equipment now...
I bought mine from https://www.ebay.com/usr/avtoboss111

Old 11-02-2021 | 02:48 PM
SheaTuned
Advanced

I have the same setup you have....and never realized that only my front speakers work??? Was this mentioned originally? I feel like passengers would have mentioned this to me previously?
Old 11-02-2021 | 03:55 PM
odfijoij
Track Day

Originally Posted by SheaTuned
I have the same setup you have....and never realized that only my front speakers work??? Was this mentioned originally? I feel like passengers would have mentioned this to me previously?
Well... The speakers — even with the stock Porsche PCM — seem to be heavily biased towards the front of the car. I adjusted the fader 2/3rds of the way to the back of the car before it sounded normal to me.

The cheapo MOST converters that come with Android head units seem to only output sound to the front channels; because the audio is so front-heavy most folks probably can't tell the difference.

I'll see how the four-channel MOST-AMP does; I'm going to do more testing with it today and see if the fader functionality works well.
Old 11-02-2021 | 04:22 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

I thought the Russian 4-channel MOST was debunked in an earlier group buy, no?
My MOST powers my rear speakers at the proportion I would have chosen had I had a choice, FWIW. Subwoofer also works nicely.
Old 11-02-2021 | 05:12 PM
957austin
Racer

Originally Posted by thesteve
I thought the Russian 4-channel MOST was debunked in an earlier group buy, no?
My MOST powers my rear speakers at the proportion I would have chosen had I had a choice, FWIW. Subwoofer also works nicely.
It was. This appears to be a different product though. Would love to hear feedback on whether this one works as expected or not.
Old 11-08-2021 | 09:53 AM
cr207
Rennlist Member

The secane head unit randomly draws power and drained my battery. Not sure if that is your issue.
Old 11-09-2021 | 12:26 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

HI guys... don't want to take this out of the Porsche realm, but I have to ask, because I'm not remotely knowledgeable in this at all. Can I put one of these units or something similar in my Mitsubishi FUSO Truck that I just got?

I was going to buy a Tablet and try to rig something that could get my texts and do my Google Maps for Navigation and stuff so I can do it while I'm driving rather than look at my small phone. But after see this thread I never thought of getting a device that seems to already do this.

So background is my company just bought a 2015 Earth Cruiser which is on a Mitsubishi Fuso Chassis, and I wanted to put in something like what you guys are doing in your Porsches... but I think my system is not as detailed as yours. But perhaps I could buy a unit like this. Or I guess get a Tablet that I can plug my phone into. I just want a big screen so I can do some things without picking up my phone and messing around. Mainly just have the Maps, Texting so I can respond and get texts read back to me., then the some other features of my phone. What is easier, this head units or a Tablet that can mirror my phone ?

Quick Reply: The right way to install wireless CarPlay, wireless charging and a backup camera