Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious as to other Rennlisters take on this BAD experience at Porsche dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 05:45 PM
SpeedRacerX
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious as to other Rennlisters take on this BAD experience at Porsche dealership...

I am in the metro detroit are and when i was in the market for a cayenne turbo i stopped by one of dealerships in my area called FRED LAVERY porsche....i spent 1/2 hour of time with the SERVICE MANAGER there BERT and drove the car...i told him i was also considering an e55 but that if i was interested in the cayenne i would possibly call him back..i also asked him his BEST price whice he told me about 5k back of msrp...
Later that week i called a porsche dealer about 45 mins away from me in lansing....they couldnt be happier to work with me and they also own a bmw dealership....being that i had an 03 m5 to trade in i told him about it and he offered me 62K for it sight unseen. The "local" bmw dealers here offered me 58K for it. Lansing also stated they would sell me a cayenne turbo for 3500 over flat invoice...
suffice to say that i went thru with the deal in lansing.
A week later my best friends brother, after drving mine, wanted a cayenne turbo he spent hours and i mean hours talking to my people in lansing and another "local" porsche dealer but ended up getting his cayenne turbo at the before mentioned FRED LAVERY porsche dealership... I went with him to pick up his car and to check out the crystal silver, mine is basalt black, wished him well and went home......2 hours later RIGHT b4 the dealership closes i get a call from this BERT POOLE at FRED LAVERY saying.."i hear your cayenne riding" i told him yes i decided to buy the truck and im sorry that i didnt go through him however the entire deal and the way it went down i went with another dealer...he asked me who that was i told him and his exact statement to me was "well thanks for the opportunity" however i think u should have your car serviced in lansing because your not welcome here not to mention Kern there TOP porsche mechanic will be too busy to ever work on my car.. He went on futher to say something along the line of my lack of loyalty and mumbled some cut downs and hung the phone up on me.....
Now this is a sales manager NOT a salesman. I got so furious i called back but he had left for the day. Just wondering some impressions from fellow 6speeders. I think its my choice where to buy my car and where i am more comfortable. I really want to get a hold of the owner and tell him what happened not to mention i also own a 996 turbo and last time i checked oil changes, warranty work, 15k, 30k service calls are amongst the highest in the industry on porsches and HE would make money on the service of my cars....I would also like to confront this BERT POOLE as well....
Thougths? suggestions?
thanks

ALSO...is there a number to porshce usa where someone there would care to hear my story as well...? or do they not really care about stuff like this???
Old 03-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Hypersonic
Intermediate

I was also shopping in Metro Detroit for my Cayenne, and dealt with Fred Lavery, and Howard Cooper before buying at Cooke Imports. Overall I expected the experience to be better than it was at each dealership. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:59 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

What fools! They should consider themselves lucky to service your CT! You may not get a loaner car b/c you didn't buy it there. IMHO, don't ever give them anymore of your business.

Write PAG a letter about this incident and send these fools a CC.

Good Luck!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

That is ridiculous behavior by the Fred Lavery dealership. Ther service department and new car sales should be separate cost centers. And, simply put, they're mad because you found a better deal?

The sad thing is that there is probably little you can do to change this guy's attitude. the best thing you can do is to make sure that all the messageboards are aware of his behavior. Maybe people will start to avoid this dealership and THAT will get them to change their tune. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:22 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think if PCA do not take this seriously they risk losing a lot of credability. If anyone knows the owner of that dealership print this thread and send him a copy.

I do not normally agree with cross posting but in this I encourage it.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Call 1 800 porche number. Tell PCNA. This is a case of a malcontent spoiling the efforts of a large USA distributer.

Unburden yourself & help PCNA clean up this guys act.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:08 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Porsche USA wont do anything... They will just refer you to the managers number in that department. I suggest you try contacting the owner or manager
Old 03-15-2004, 09:24 AM
66Shelby
Cruisin'

Porsche will send you a dealer survey to inquire about your satisfaction, I would definitely tell them about your experience.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:06 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

I would, 1) pay a visit to that dealership to speak with that guy face to face, 2) be persistant with PCNA in getting resolve.

those tactics shouldnt come from a Daihatsu dealer, let alone from a Porsche dealer...
Old 03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Harbormaster
Instructor

Make copies of your letter to this site.....and all the responses you get after a few days and send copies to the General Manager of the offending dealership , the General Manager of the dealer you bought the car from , Porsche Corp. President in USA and the CEO of Porsche in Germany......oh yes, don't forget to send copies to the heads of the 2 US Porsche clubs. You might also send a copy to your closest Better Business Bureau for their files. I think you'll get some groveling letters along with your better deal.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:59 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Im with you 100%.... I think if someone complains about a dealership here.... there reputation goes down the drain...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:47 PM
tac911t
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Am I missing something? Why would the salesman/sales manager/service manager of any auto dealership call up a potential customer (or in this case a person who was a potential sales customer) and tell them to their face (or over the phone) that their business was not needed!

Do these people have that much free time to make these calls?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:54 PM
flynhawaiian
Intermediate

Sounds kinda like the guy was drunk or on drugs to say those kinda things. I would probably make an appointment to sit down with the owner and explain to him what had happened. Furthermore, it should be noted that down the road you will not purschase a car from these guys eigther. I would tell them that you were thinking about trading in your Turbo for a GT3. As a result of the way they acted you will bring your bussiness else where. If nothing else make them feel like they have lost a good portion of bussiness on you.

Just my thoughts
Old 03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Bought my Cayenne S from Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek but get it serviced at Sonnen Porsche which is much closer where I live. Sonnen didn't have abeef that I didn't buy from them. That's rough and rude for a dealership doing that. Regards. Mike
Old 03-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking form a dealership perspective, there's no way we would refuse service to a customer just because he/she bought elsewhere. Obviously, we'd prefer to sell the vehicle and service it, but if a customer chooses to buy elsewhere, so be it. At least we'll make some money on servicing.

However, as was stated above, if a customer buys elsewhere, then they don't get the free Cayenne or Boxster loaner. Repeat buyers usually get breaks on labour or parts too.

Quick Reply: Curious as to other Rennlisters take on this BAD experience at Porsche dealership...