Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious as to other Rennlisters take on this BAD experience at Porsche dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Lucky I bought my 996 at Sonnen get all the boxster/cayenne loaners : ). Now there after me on the GT3-but darn no back seat so no cigar at least that's what my wife says. Regards. Mike
Old 03-17-2004, 11:06 AM
SpeedRacerX
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got a call from pcna

JUST GOT A CALL FROM MATT RITTER regional manager for pcna in my area....he is very upset with fred lavery and stated by telling me that they are in violation of their dealer agreement with porsche...he plans on going to lavery on friday and talking with the owner, general manager, and bert poole himself....also told me if i EVER have a problem with getting service or feel i am being "put off" to call him DIRECTLY....well i guess someone from porsche DOES care!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

speedracerx,

This is GOOD NEWS! I think perhaps that PCNA is working to improve their customers' perceptions of PCNA as a customer service organization. Hopefully, the infusion of new leadership at PCNA within the past 6-9 months will help to revive the a seemingly tenuous relationship between the company (and Porsche A.G.) and its largest sales market. Without wearing rose-colored glasses, I want to be cautiously optimistic.

Please keep us posted on the outcomes.

Toby
Old 03-17-2004, 04:46 PM
TIS330ci
Advanced

i bought my cayenne turbo (ordered it) from Fred Lavery. (Michael). He's a great guy unfurtunately FRED LAVERY Porsche has the WORST service ive ever seen. They have damaged my car, called me a liar, and told me they fixed things, when they in fact fixed nothing. i will never go back there ever again to service the car and will not go back there when i get my 997! Not only is Bert Poole a jackass so is the service manage, and the Dealership manager (al hajj or something). i gave all 1's on the score!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

As a P-car seller myself I find this story amazing and disheartening. There is a movement albeit a slow one to change the old school way of thinking at the dealerships. It will take some time for some of the more senior staff to get a grip on what good service is all about. I personally call any prospect 3 months after they bought a car from another dealer and see how things are going and invite them to our service department. People are blown away by that. They often tell me, even the dealership (who I lost the biz too) hadn't called them to see how things are going. People don't keep cars all that long these days, so I want them to remember me when they're in the market again of if they know someone who is. I'm glad someone from PCNA contacted you - when I read your 1st post I was going to e-mail this to the regional rep myself. Good call on calling and complaining too - if no one complains then things will never change.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:49 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I applaud Matt Ritter of PCA for getting involved thank you very much !
Old 03-18-2004, 01:21 AM
SpeedRacerX
Track Day

hey mudman did u find that the catbypass pipes actually IMPROVED your performance...?? i dont know if u saw my post however i did the giac chip car was wicked did the pipes and the car seemed like it LOST power.....i changed back to regular cats and the car again back to wicked...at least in the turbo....
Old 03-18-2004, 02:37 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Speedracer.... Im pretty sure the bypass improved the performance of your car... im just assuming because they did the dyno tests on it
Old 03-18-2004, 02:43 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally posted by Difference Engine

However, as was stated above, if a customer buys elsewhere, then they don't get the free Cayenne or Boxster loaner. Repeat buyers usually get breaks on labour or parts too.
I'm sorry but this is CLASSIC Dealer behavior that has put off many prospective customers to dealers including myself. Case in point? Myself.. When I owned my 3rd Porsche I went through 3 dealers in 2 states who treated me exactly the same way as you describe. Snobbish...sorry you did not buy from us and we are doing you a favor servicing your car attidute, or how dare asking for a loaner type of attidute. The 4th dealer was different. The service manager asked me if I needed a loaner and if so it would be on their pleasure to provide me with one. Guess what happened next? Not only I used to service my car there ONLY but I also BOUGHT my next Porsche from them. Change of ownership though and the classic what you describe attidute plagues that dealer now as well...

So what if they did not buy from you? Did you really examine why? If so what can you do better in the future in order to make the sale and keep the customer from buying elsewhere?
Treating customers who do not buy from you in a negative way you actually turn them completely off and do not really "teach them a lesson" ( as I heard someone say) for the future because not only they will never buy from you but they will stop servicing their car at your place even if they have to drive more to get to another place where they get the proper respect as customers that they deserve.

Who is going to be the looser in the end???
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 224 Posts

I couldn't agree more DJF. I experienced this attitude with BMW and changed the servicing dealer (and the dealer we bought the X5 from) as a result. I wonder what would happen if you just moved from another area- sorry you didn't buy here so we'll treat you as second rate.

Porsche dealers need to provide seamless top notch service to all Porsche owners and service customers- irrespective of where they bought their car.

Want an even better example? Ferrari of Washington is lobbying to service my Porsche (in the hopes that I may one day buy a Ferrari from them). They will pick up and return the car in their covered truck. It does make one think twice. Too bad I can't get a Ferrari loaner....
Old 03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Speedracer, there is a difference between the S and Turbo in the way the cat bypass changes things. No question of a big boost on the S but from posts here it could be straight pipes from the Cats would be better due to the nature of the twin blowers.

Bottom line tho you cannot compare the two with one solution.'

Enjoy
Old 03-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Put, DJF. In fact, I'm seriously considering a Lexus for just that reason. If there was an independant in the South Orange County area that worked on Peppers, I might change my mind. I would NEVER service a car at Newport for many of the reasons mentioned above.

Regards,

Bill

Quick Reply: Curious as to other Rennlisters take on this BAD experience at Porsche dealership...