Bosch Parking sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Joefus
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bosch Parking sensors

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with the parking sensors on my '06 CTTS.

Durametric says the rear left hand sensor was showing a problem so I pulled it out:

The markings seem to indicate that it was made in March 2006 and would therefore be the original sender.
I googled the part number - 0263003187 but could only find entries on eBay for used sensors that might also be broken.

I decided to swap it with the one on the other corner to see if the problem moved and confirmed the sensor or stayed put and pointed to the wiring.

This one has a slightly different part number - 0263003551 and seems to have been made in 2013.

This seems to coincide with a receipt I have from the previous owner where in 2014 they paid the dealership £200 labour to diagnose and swap out the sensor and £76 for the sensor itself.

I called Porsche and now in 2018 they want £138 for the sensor as a spare part.
Porsche would not confirm the Bosch part number only the Porsche one.

I called Bosch and they confirmed the two old part number I had but said they could not give me the current number for the new replacement part.

Has anyone replaced Bosch sensors on a 955 recently and can confirm the current number?

When I google it there are hundreds of possible Bosch sensors - but none of them list 955 Cayenne as a match.

I googled Bosch RB4 965. and this brought up loads of sensors that looked the same but all had different part numbers - the newest one was a 2014

I don't really wanna just buy one from someone off eBay - surely there must be a current Bosch part for Porsche centres to use as swap outs.

Currently a Bosch sensor runs about £35 and I don't feel right paying Porsche £138 for the same part.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:09 AM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

top number on the bottom sensor looks to be the vw part number...
no idea about this seller but this was the first uk thing that came up and it's cheap
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Joefus
Advanced

Hi MtnDogGeoff, I saw that posting on amazon - but when you dig into it you find its these guys:
  • Minzhi Road, Niulanqian Building A1212-m379
  • Longhua District, Shenzhen City
  • Guangdong
  • CN
I kind of wanted to replace like for like - most of the electrics in the Cayenne are Bosch so I wanted to do that if possible - but Bosch don't make it easy.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:31 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Joefus
Hi MtnDogGeoff, I saw that posting on amazon - but when you dig into it you find its these guys:
  • Minzhi Road, Niulanqian Building A1212-m379
  • Longhua District, Shenzhen City
  • Guangdong
  • CN
I kind of wanted to replace like for like - most of the electrics in the Cayenne are Bosch so I wanted to do that if possible - but Bosch don't make it easy.
There is useful info from that Chinese source.. they state in their ad used in: "Audi Q7 VW Golf EOS Touareg Touran Phaeton Jetta III New Beetle Seat Altea Toledo Leon Skoda Octavia" - searching those vehicles and "parking sensor" might just turn up some compatible ones from Bosch from an alternative source to Porsche.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Joefus
Advanced

I spoke to Bosch Automotive in the UK.

They confirmed that the part number was current but they said that they only sell their parking sensors to manufacturers and do not sell into parts companies for the after market.

VW quoted £101 and Porsche £165.60.

Looks like it might have to be a dodgy eBay clone after all.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Pm me I’ve got one genuine Porsche one left over in it’s original box. New never fitted and I’m in the uk.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:58 AM
Joefus
Advanced

Message sent (I think I've done it right).
Old 05-19-2018, 12:28 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Chinese vendors are known to stamp any name that you like on parts.
Does that help?

Quick Reply: Bosch Parking sensors