Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo Upgrade Build Thread, Custom Manifolds, BW EFR 7163's

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 11:59 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
The RS3 are nice but it's a FWD with sometimes4WD. I don't like the way they drive at all. Too front heavy. I don't have a clue if they have any issues.

I told this myself for a long time, there was always the urge to finish my CTTS while it was my DD. But now I don't have the 100% desire to finish what I started. I need to do sleeves and pretty much do what you did so I know it's going to take at least a couple of months and I have better things to do right now. And I'm kinda more looking forward to get the unimog I auctioned and play with that for a while.

The gemballa is like 500k eur in yerp. But it's a guy who has multiple maybachs, a 1930 duesenberg among other vintage cars, a couple of private helicopters and such. I think he even bought a gt750 for his son. He's got plenty of FU money ;-)
I have been thinking about building another set of manifolds this winter. If and when I do, you get dibs.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:58 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Woohoo, thank you!!!

Let me know if you want an engine in a crate shipped as well, hehehehe ;-)
Old 08-04-2018, 07:16 PM
JTY
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you did get an tuner to help with your TT ECU, what number is you ECU ?
I have an 2003 TT that which I have been converting to RE85 (pumps, larger injectors etc.) and been mapping the ECU software manually for
few months. Car has been running with 100% RE85 for one month now with some good power gains.
It would be great to have same kind of knowledge base of the cayenne ME7 ECU software as Audi S4 has with their s4wiki.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Keep us updated!

Last edited by Dilberto; 08-04-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:27 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JTY
So you did get an tuner to help with your TT ECU, what number is you ECU ?
I have an 2003 TT that which I have been converting to RE85 (pumps, larger injectors etc.) and been mapping the ECU software manually for
few months. Car has been running with 100% RE85 for one month now with some good power gains.
It would be great to have same kind of knowledge base of the cayenne ME7 ECU software as Audi S4 has with their s4wiki.
Very nice........
I could probably map it myself but I have chosen not to. There is a long list of reasons why I am not venturing into this area. I do have a full Damos for the ecu if you would like a copy.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:44 AM
JTY
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you already can read and write the flash, then it's short step to dive in ME7 world
I have little bit different ECU version than you, mine is an 1037368318. Also I have an DAMOS for 1037358187 ECU but the software is very different in some parts, so lot's
of work to get a proper ecu definition for my ECU. I'm building an working xdf file (tunerpro ecu definition), best tool for building custom tuning sets IMHO.
What's the delivery date for your CTT ?
Yes I'm always interested in different CTT software versions.

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
Very nice........
I could probably map it myself but I have chosen not to. There is a long list of reasons why I am not venturing into this area. I do have a full Damos for the ecu if you would like a copy.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:12 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

In reality you could use a handful of ECU's / software versions after the chosen ecu was coded to the vehicle correctly. You can get the ECU's on ebay quite cheap. I happen to have a popular version and I would not be supsrised that your 2003 has an ecu with less total units produced.

I was told that we should be able to have things dialed in in time for me To make TX. mile this late October. Registration opens on the 12, Aug so I am concerned. The tuner I am using is going to be doing some custom map switching code so I don't have to flash to switch between maps, scaling for larger mafs, and of course a 5120 hack and maps for different fuels. As long as I can get a transbrake going then code for anti-lag and two-step was developed long ago.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Holy crap. I can't believe I missed this development. That is killer news. As far as this part goes:

I also wonder why not one single "TUNER" has commented on this thread?
It says a lot about the businesses in the P-car world. It blows me away how the tuners in pretty much every other sport will chime in and throw some advice and interest when the little guys are making big projects happen. If only they knew how much it would help build demand and more business for them. I am one of those waiting by the sidelines and when the time comes will follow your path. I have done it with many other machines.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:55 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nodoors
Holy crap. I can't believe I missed this development. That is killer news. As far as this part goes:

It says a lot about the businesses in the P-car world. It blows me away how the tuners in pretty much every other sport will chime in and throw some advice and interest when the little guys are making big projects happen. If only they knew how much it would help build demand and more business for them. I am one of those waiting by the sidelines and when the time comes will follow your path. I have done it with many other machines.
Funny you say that. Case in point: Over the last 3 years or so I have been researching tuning options. As you can imagine during that time I have seen pricing ranging from very low to very ridiculous. I pretty much had a general idea wide range (within about 1500 or so) of what it should cost me to have done what I wanted. Basicly all the non exotic tuners say "It's gonna be expensive though." And then after talking to the exotics guys the other guys prices seem too cheap. @ The end of the day I was grateful to have found someone that I was comfortable and on the same page with. I voluntarily paid him more than twice the fee that he initially asked for because I thought that's what his work and skill was worth. I don't expect anything other than what we initially agreed on.

Speaking of, I am supposed to have my ECU back early next week with all the changes and a base file for the ID1050x injectors. Should be ready to start running and logging.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:48 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Who wants to see anti-lag launch control on a 955 CTT?
E85 and blue flames-
It's happening..........
Old 08-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

E85 and blue flames-
It's happening..........
I do - where's the video?

Old 08-22-2018, 05:58 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

E85 and blue flames-
It's happening..........
Wooohoooo!!!
Old 08-22-2018, 06:21 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
I do - where's the video?

lol, You know how this process works Pete, and here we r three years later. But yeah ,soon. ECU shipped out with a base file today and he said it should run pretty good. The anti-lag is already coded in. We coded out the SAI, secondary o2's, gave it left foot braking( so I can ride the gas and throttle at the same time), top speed removal, map switching via the cc stalk, etc. Going to be running a 4bar map sensor instead of the stock 2.5, 3.5" Audi rs4 mafs (good for 600hp each). I picked up a new n75 and an AEM x series Wide Band controller so I can monitor that in the cabin. Stock ME7.1.1 is w/b factory but those value will show in the logs and so I need to be able to monitor afr's for engine safety. Soon, soon, it's all coming together and hopefully staying that way.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:17 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

WOW, excellent work. I can not wait to see this thing in action!!!! That is crazy awesome news about the tuner you found. Is he interested in more projects from other Cayenne enthusiasts if we are willing to drive to Texas?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:19 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nodoors
WOW, excellent work. I can not wait to see this thing in action!!!! That is crazy awesome news about the tuner you found. Is he interested in more projects from other Cayenne enthusiasts if we are willing to drive to Texas?
This tuner is located in California. The code changes to the ecu software and initial programming were performed on a bench there. He also had to do some work to get the logging utility setup so that we can get quality logging. The Durametric logging utility commonly used on Porsche has some issues with not really being fast enough to produce a quality log and what happens is that when you are logging all the channels needed on a pull it overloads the communication and the refresh rate/hz suffers. Me7 logger was developed for Audi but even under a heavy load the software and utility is way better than the Durametric with only one channel running. Revisions will be made from here on out remotely and I will have to flash a new file every time until a pump gas tune is finalized. Same with e85. Things get crazy on the internet which is why I choose not to disclose these details until the timing is right and if he so wishes I will blow him up as much as possible. If I have done my job right and he has we have may have a winner. I think he would deserve and have earned to have every single Canned and Custom Cayenne tune sold to anyone anywhere from there on out. Let's face it, There are hardware limitations to what you can do with a stock Cayenne. All the tunes sold these days are fairly equal in performance and the price ranges from ok to "F*** me, r u serious?" I can promise you that the pricing would be good for the stock'ish guys and highly competitive. As far as how good a tuner he is I think we r about to find out. If he pulls this off I think that's all anybody needs to know to make a decision. Agreed or no?

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo Upgrade Build Thread, Custom Manifolds, BW EFR 7163's