Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you guys seen the passion of the christ? here's what I keep telling myself "forgive them, they know not what they say"
Old 03-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Daytona24
high noon, tomorrow

I believe that's the response you were looking for...
Nope, I was being completely serious. I'd offer to come down to go on your home track, but since you seem to have unlimited funds, it seems only fair that you come up here.

Otherwise, I may decide to go to Tampa next year to hang out with buddies for spring training. That gives you a whole year to get as good as you think you are.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Brian P
Nope, I was being completely serious. I'd offer to come down to go on your home track, but since you seem to have unlimited funds, it seems only fair that you come up here.
Yes he does he has an MBA.. he told us. HEHEHEHEHEH
He makes in one month what I make a year, he should be able to fly you and your car down there, Heck he even should be able to get me a ticket too.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Originally posted by dove
Hey Daytona24, your busted its obvious your just a kid who doesent own a Porsche.Start saving your BK salary and remember playing need for speed on the PS does not qualify you for rennlist.
Now go away before I get the rennlist owner John Durkin to remove you and whos ID you are using from Rennlist.

Paul
Paul, Now that we all know who we are dealing with I doubt anyone will take notice of Daytona24 posts.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:05 PM
dove
Banned

Daytona, your gonna have to put a lot of woppers together to get something like this;
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Vampyre
Paul, Now that we all know who we are dealing with I doubt anyone will take notice of Daytona24 posts.
Agreed
Old 03-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Hey, "Greg" taught me one valuable thing about rennlist. It has an "ignore" function: https://rennlist.com/forums/member2....serlist=ignore
Old 03-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Thanks for the link, I might need it.

What I find funny about all this is why he chose to use this Boxster forum, this is one of the slowest Boxster Forums. Why doesn't he post on Boxster Racing Board or PPBB since most Boxster enthusiast there track the Boxster all the time, and I don't remember reading anything about such a high degree of track failure.

Anyway, thanks for the link to block.

When will you be at Watkins Glen next?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

I'm still trying to figure out my schedule for the season and work out some way to get Watkins Glen in on it.

I'm hoping to do the Hudson Champlain open track days and also the NY Metro event at the end of August.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

"OK, obviously you guys have way too much time on your hands if you're actually looking up the name. Greg Manders is not MY name you F-ING idiots, it's a friend of mine and I use his name on Rennlist. So you can leave him out of it. I'm not using my name for obvious reasons, I don't want my name being dragged around these boards. Although Greg does find it quite amusing. (BTW, Do you think I would waste dime one on a rennlist membership?)

In any case rest assured these are the facts:

I am younger than you
I probably make more money than you
I race competetively, and not "club racing"

And by the way, PCA is a joke - because pca is for hobbyists, not real competition. There in the states, why don't you try POC if you want some decent club racing on the West Coast.

So why don't you get a life and accept certain other facts:

New Porsches are lacking in quality,
911s make better race cars,
From my perspective, it's like I'm the adult and you're a bunch of kids whose arguments and rationale are on par with that of a third grader.

Anything else I missed?

"Greg""

Greg. or whatever your name is. Took me awhile, but I finally got through reading the other long thread and now this one. Please step away from the crack pipe!

You have proven over and over YOUR the idiot! You give your age away in almost every reply you post. You say you race higher forms of racing than "stupid" club racing? I myself have spent the last 8 years working in professional racing, traveling all over the world, yet you claim you know more than anyone on Rennlist about racing... WOW, thats a pretty bold statement. So what do you race thats all high and mighty? Please keep in mind PS2 and Xbox DONT count as Professional racing..

I think the Civic forums are more your speed. I think all your posts have come from these two, long threads, am I wrong?

You mention you wont waste your money on a Rennlist membership? Again, your the idiot, moron, loser (just quoting some of your rude, adjectives you have used on others here)! Rennlist is one of a few awesome bulletin boards online, and I hate to read 'kids' like yourself polluting an otherwise mature bulletin board.

Please go punch-in and get back to offering your customers to 'super size'?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:05 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Wow, I'm glad I haven't met any 911 owners like those that posted in this thread in person.

Rear engine is obviously a superior platform, given how the fastest racecars Porsche ever built were mid engined. (GT1, 962, 917, etc...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:21 AM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lots of funny stuff in here. Almost as entertaining as the "open letter" thread last year.

I am a bit puzzled about something though. If the mid-engined design wasn't better why are F1 mid-engined? Why did Grand-Am choose mid-engined platforms for the Daytona Prototype class? Did Ferrari make a mistake with the 360, Enzo, F40, etc... McLaren sells a million dollar plus mid-engined car. Was that a bad design? To the best of my recollection there is only one manufacturer that builds a rear-engined performance car, Porsche. I guess they are the only ones that have it right.

Direct from PCNA, the 911 is the flagship of Porsche and will always have more power and more goodies than the Boxster. I would think that someone with and MBA from Columbia would understand that concept. I only have a Bachelors from a little school in Southern California and I understand it.

Oh well, I guess it has already been determined that the author of that information is full of it. I just wanted to put in my $0.02.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:25 AM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW, dove, got any shots of the rear of that car? Looks like you have an aftermarket spoiler? I'd like to see it.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great job exposing "Greg" gents!

I had to wonder about a guy that started posting in January '04 with about 99 percent of his (or her) posts slamming 986's. His (or her) opinions really don't seem to match any of the genuine Porsche enthusiasts I have met over the years.

Old 03-18-2004, 04:41 AM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by NetManiac
BTW, dove, got any shots of the rear of that car? Looks like you have an aftermarket spoiler? I'd like to see it.
Here you go NetManiac its an aero type;
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read