Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh. yes this brings me to a good point.

Greg.. Anyone who says they are that great at racing and driving, that doesn't have a web page or video clips of themselves at the track or racing event. Not to mention no club pages to back up there claim is either lying or wishing.

Which one is it? lying or wishing.

Prove us wrong with some video clips and club pages.
And don't use someone elses video or worse yet someone elses name.

I'll be waiting for the Porsche club page link.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:25 PM
erics944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg, forgive me for not remembering, this has been going on for a while, but which car do you race? and color?
Old 03-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Daytona24
Suffice it to say, I'm not club racing anymore, I've moved on to a more competitive arena.
Anymore? All I'm asking for is proof that you ever club raced. You certainly haven't raced with the PCA club.

Haha, the funniest thing to me, is when club racers like yourself think you're some kind of badass because you're fast in your "region."
I never said I have club raced. The simple reason is that I never have. I don't pretend to be fast, and I'm willing to post lap times to back that statement up.

Yes, when you are posting that you are god's gift to racing and you do it on the least read board of rennlist, I think it's to be expected that people might ask you to "put up or shut up" I note that your only posts on the actual racing forum is to ask what's the best car for F class. If you would have done any research on your own, you would have figured the answer out for yourself. What's funnier is that if we are to believe that you are as good as you say you are, the car that you pick shouldn't matter - you should be able to drive circles around the guys regardless.

When in reality, nobody outside your region knows who the hell you are, cares who you are, or will ever hear your name. You're small potatoes, so you might get off your high horse and accept that.
Dude, try googling yourself. It's a sad day when google doesn't even return any results on your name.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:30 PM
erics944
Racer

Brian, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Ok, I have to post a small retraction...

A google of "Greg Manders" did actually return something. Let's just say that I fully understand where the "Playstation 2" comments came from.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Originally posted by erics944
Brian, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Dido that.

Talk is cheap Greg, but your Cheaper, I am laughing at the Question.

"what's the best car for F class." ROTFL

Your some racer Greg.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Originally posted by Brian P
Ok, I have to post a small retraction...

A google of "Greg Manders" did actually return something. Let's just say that I fully understand where the "Playstation 2" comments came from.
Yeah we can assume this is where he LEARNED to race and he was just a kid in 2000, but it comes back to haunt him in 2004

Playstation and Greg

Posted by Greg on December 31 2000 - 01:47 PM - Edit
Your cars are great, I am truly impressed. I do have a request - the Porsche 917/30 CanAm racer (yes, the one with 1400-plus bhp. I think it would be fitting for the best car designer online to create the best racecar of all time. THanks, and keep up the good work.
Greg Manders
Old 03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Hey vampyre, lets not talk about money because I would guess (could be wrong of course), that I make more in a month than you do in a year. And it's not daddy's money as you so eloquently put it - it's because I worked my *** off and had my MBA from Columbia by 23. Oh, but I'm just a witty kid who's playing his playstation, huh? Haha, think what you like, I'm not the one who's in denial. And it's "deny" not "denie." Obviously you're an underachiever because you're insecurities about your own financial state have manifested themselves through your aspersions against me.

Enjoy your life of mediocrity.

Last edited by Daytona24; 03-18-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Daytona24
Banned

OK, obviously you guys have way too much time on your hands if you're actually looking up the name. Greg is not MY name you F-ing idiots, it's a friend of mine and I use his name on Rennlist. So you can leave him out of it. I'm not using my name for obvious reasons, I don't want my name being dragged around these boards. Although he does find it quite amusing. (BTW, Do you think I would waste dime one on a rennlist membership?)

In any case rest assured these are the facts:

I am younger than you
I probably make more money than you
I race competetively, and not "club racing"

And by the way, PCA is a joke - because pca is for hobbyists, not real competition. There in the states, why don't you try POC if you want some decent club racing on the West Coast.

So why don't you get a life and accept certain other facts:

New Porsches are lacking in quality,
911s make better race cars,
From my perspective, it's like I'm the adult and you're a bunch of kids whose arguments and rationale are on par with that of a third grader.

Last edited by Daytona24; 03-18-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

I actually enjoy my x-box - I'll drive my P-car to the house and play some after work : )

Here's the forum you guys should read on the oil starvation in the 996 forum:

Rennlist Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Discussion Areas > 996 Forum > where to get an oil starvation kit for 02 996?

As far as Greg is concerned, I think he does hold a valid point with the clubracing/financial cheap shots. Especially in the modified classes, it seems that the person with the newest technology and most expensive tires (Hoosier)/suspension parts that do lend themselves a handicap. In reality, especially with the stock classes, it seems that driving ability is most important. It seems to be the most competitive, even though not the fastest.

Even though my car is going to be "streetable" and not as "prepared" as the others, I'm still racing next season in my car's stock class. I can finally "afford" to do it, as I have a sponsor for all of my tire costs come 2005. It's a shame that there isn't more of a "stock class" for more cars, as the stock classes aren't exactly stock.

Again, this is on the racing boards, so I'll stop now.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:10 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

By the way, do you guys even know what's in Stock F class?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Daytona24
OK, obviously you guys have way too much time on your hands if you're actually looking up the name. Greg Manders is not MY name you F-ING idiots, it's a friend of mine and I use his name on Rennlist.
Ah, that explains this cheap shot where you said Hey Brian P, that "Greg Manders" at the bottom of my posts - that's my name. If you get confused again let me know.

I'm not using my name for obvious reasons, I don't want my name being dragged around these boards.
Umm, because you would be exposed as a babbling idiot?

In any case rest assured these are the facts:

I am younger than you
Of this, we had no doubt.

I probably make more money than you
Yes, but you would make even more if you stopped smoking that stuff and started selling it.

I race competetively, and not "club racing"
I fully understand that there are competitions for Playstation 2. I also know that that isn't considered "club racing"

Anything else I missed?
Yes, you have to be the first young racer in history that is actively trying to keep his successes and his name a secret. Good luck on that.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Daytona24
Banned

And no offense was intended to Greg, he's just starting out and (I guess) PCA isn't a bad place for him to start. He wants to race a stock class to keep costs down. So if that's what you're referring to, get off it.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by agentpennypacker
By the way, do you guys even know what's in Stock F class?
Yes. You can get the full list here: http://www.pca.org/pca/clubrace/docs/pca_rules_2004.pdf

The cars that did really well were the 964 C2 (it was moved to E class last year) and the Euro SCs. Occassionally a 944S2 will do pretty well.

The 2.5/2.7L Boxsters are also in F class.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Brian P, you seem awfully full of yourself - what's you deal, who the hell are you?

Quick Reply: Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read