Sponsored by:

Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 03:05 PM
A4EP
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally posted by Ray S
Note to all, Please don't feed the trolls (Penny & Daytona). Their opinions are clearly counter to those of most Porsche enthusiasts

However they are both right, shortly after passing the clearly superior air-cooled green 911 in this pic, my wimpy 2.7l Boxster burst into flames from oil starvation and an overall poor design........

Now, where did I drop that troll spray......
Agreed, I am done. Also, your post had me on the floor laughing !!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did somebody mention a Boxster Racing board? Where is that? I'd love to visit a site like that...

Old 03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Doug&Julie
Did somebody mention a Boxster Racing board? Where is that? I'd love to visit a site like that...

Boxster Racing Board
Old 03-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sanka!
Old 03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again A4EP, you put words in my mouth. Why do you insist on making things up that I never said, and then arguing with yourself about it? I think you'll find my comments much more reasonable than the ones you make up for me. I said before anything else, that I like the Boxster chassis. My complaint was on the build quality. And you all got your panties in a bunch because I was criticizing your beloved "best roadster of the year."

By the way, I don't know why you insist on saying I work at a burger stand... My guess is, you are probably grossly overextending yourself to pay for your Boxster, which has lost half its value already, and you 're struggling to justify your purchase. So you accuse me of being poor? OK, if that makes you feel better. My shoes have holes in them, and I'm only able to access a computer at the local public library. In fact, I'm homeless, which is why I'm so concerned about the direction Porsche is going - it's a big topic of conversation down at the soup kitchen.

I'm growing tired of this post, unless someone brings up an interesting point here sometime soon.

By the way, good point about the 996 and Hummer comparison (how 95% are never used to their potential). Fair assessment.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Daytona24
Banned

again A4EP, you put words in my mouth. Why do you insist on making things up that I never said, and then arguing with yourself about it? I think you'll find my comments much more reasonable than the ones you make up for me. I said before anything else, that I like the Boxster chassis. My complaint was on the build quality. And you all got your panties in a bunch because I was criticizing your beloved "best roadster of the year."

By the way, I don't know why you insist on saying I work at a burger stand... My guess is, you are probably grossly overextending yourself to pay for your Boxster, which has lost half its value already, and you 're struggling to justify your purchase. So you accuse me of being poor? OK, if that makes you feel better. My shoes have holes in them, and I'm only able to access a computer at the local public library. In fact, I'm homeless, which is why I'm so concerned about the direction Porsche is going - it's a big topic of conversation down at the soup kitchen.

I'm growing tired of this post, unless someone brings up an interesting point here sometime soon.

By the way, good point about the 996 and Hummer comparison (how 95% are never used to their potential). Fair assessment.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Originally posted by Vampyre
Boxster Racing Board
Yeah the racing board is where you will find most people that track there Boxster Go, this is one of the better sites.

there is a site in Japan too that races Boxster on the same track as 911 and other Porsches along with Skylines and some other type of cars, there are videos there of them racing, most video are about 80MB or larger, so you need to have a fast connection.

Japan Boxster Racing
Old 03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

No way man, feed the trolls! Feed the trolls! This is fun. A nice little distraction from flipping burgers. Of course I must be a burger flipper since I own Boxster. Actually, I'm a Lead Burger Flipper as I own a Boxster S. A track, I would NEVER take my car even close to a track. The avatar in my posts is just a figment of your imagination (pay not attention to the man behind the curtain).
Old 03-18-2004, 08:50 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pic dove. Looks nice. I am having one installed at the moment (gonna have to pick up some extra shifts at the Burger Place to cover costs though).
Old 03-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Vampyre
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally posted by NetManiac
No way man, feed the trolls! Feed the trolls! This is fun. A nice little distraction from flipping burgers. Of course I must be a burger flipper since I own Boxster. Actually, I'm a Lead Burger Flipper as I own a Boxster S. A track, I would NEVER take my car even close to a track. The avatar in my posts is just a figment of your imagination (pay not attention to the man behind the curtain).
Yeah the more the JaCkA$$ talks the more confused he gets.

But it is clear he has never driven a Boxster because it hasn't been released on the Playstation2.

So he tries to say Quality is bad now, clearly he hasn't compared Porsche quality in 1980's vs Porsche quality now

Quality Awards

I am also sure the factory test drove the Boxster on the
Skid-Pad , and it ran fine, in an extended cornering enviroment.

Or a Decade of Sales Figures so the company is doing very well.

Porsche is Living in the past you say...I don't think so

Maybe Newer is Better Does mean just that, and not cheaper.

Of course the Boxster isn't doing bad, the Numbers Produced speak enough volume.

Does the company seem to be suffering?
Is this bad?
maybe this is a sign of a dieing company
Or This?

Perhaps this is the end

Surely a dieing Giant Killer

Daytona or Greg or Sam or Willie or Frank or Pat - whoever you are The new GT4 - Gran Turismo 4 is coming out soon for the Paystation 2 it will have the Boxster report back after you get a few laps in.

Grand Turismo 4

Then when you get some
$$$$$ you will want one

One more thing about cheap leather in new Porsches
My Boxster has 76,xxx Miles of me getting in and out and the seats look new. I think your friend, as you call him, was either a &^#&@^%#@ or was wearing burlap or chain mail clothes.

Old 03-19-2004, 01:58 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by Vampyre
Yeah the more the JaCkA$$ talks the more confused he gets.

But it is clear he has never driven a Boxster because it hasn't been released on the Playstation2.

So he tries to say Quality is bad now, clearly he hasn't compared Porsche quality in 1980's vs Porsche quality now

Quality Awards

I am also sure the factory test drove the Boxster on the Skid-Pad , and it ran fine, in an extended cornering enviroment.

Or a Decade of Sales Figures so the company is doing very well.

Porsche is Living in the past you say...I don't think so

Maybe Newer is Better Does mean just that, and not cheaper.

Of course the Boxster isn't doing bad, the Numbers Produced speak enough volume.

Does the company seem to be suffering?
Is this bad?
maybe this is a sign of a dieing company
Or This?

Perhaps this is the end

Surely a dieing Giant Killer

Daytona or Greg or Sam or Willie or Frank or Pat - whoever you are The new GT4 - Gran Turismo 4 is coming out soon for the Paystation 2 it will have the Boxster report back after you get a few laps in.

Grand Turismo 4

Then when you get some
$$$$$ you will want one
Wow, thats the most hyperlinks I have ever seen in one reply...Cool

I wonder if the troll is getting the point? Where has he been, oh wait, yeah....I remember...its softshell Thursday at work, he must be doing a double shift...
Old 03-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Hamann7
User

God damn... this thread is hilarious!!! And I thought the GT2/GT3 forums were amusing.

Boxsters are a lot of fun to drive, even though I believe the styling is a bit feminine for my taste. The mid-engined layout makes it so easy to drive fast although it is a bit tricky to drive at the limit as it doesn't give much warning before it gives out... but the handling is so neutral.

I know a guy out here who we call the Malibu Drift King because he is probably the fastest guy we have seen on one of the particular canyon roads that we like to slam. He drives a lightly prepared Boxster S, and that car gets major props from all of us 911 owners.

Boxster offers a very good value proposition, in many ways MUCH better than a base C2!!!

Every layout has its advantages and disadvantages. But a question for the 996 haters out there-- As great as your Boxsters are, would you really prefer your Boxsters to a 996 GT2 or my ex 996 Turbo (551AWHP and winner of the 2004 European Car Shootout)? Just thought I would ask.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:13 AM
dove
Banned

Vampyre, You can drive a Boxster on the PS2 on GT3 just ask my wife thats the only time she gets to drive one!!!

Paul
Old 03-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Hamann7
But a question for the 996 haters out there-- As great as your Boxsters are, would you really prefer your Boxsters to a 996 GT2 or my ex 996 Turbo (551AWHP and winner of the 2004 European Car Shootout)? Just thought I would ask.
I like them all (Porsches) and if I had big money like Seinfeld I would have a big collection like his. I just don't understand why some seek to create division within the Porsche community when in my opinion they are all good!

To answer your question about the Boxster vs. the 996's, I personally don't prefer one to the other. The each have strengths and each have weaknesses. The GT3 and GT2 are my current favorite 911's, but I have a 993 favorite (the 1996 993 Carrera RS 3.8 too bad it never came to the US) and a 964 favorite (the 1992 964 Carrera RS 3.6).

I am thinking about putting a 996 in my garage (next to my 986) later this year, but I am going to wait to see what happens to used 996 prices after the 997 intro.

BTW, I read about your car in European Car. One word......Wow!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Originally posted by dove
Vampyre, You can drive a Boxster on the PS2 on GT3 just ask my wife thats the only time she gets to drive one!!!

Paul
Yeah I knew that too, I have GT3 and it is great game, I ment to say NFS, on the playstation doesn't have the Boxster, Unless You have a PC then you can buy "NFS Porsche Unleashed" or if you have a PS1 or PS2 you can get "Porsche Challenge", which is all Boxtsers only racing.

Quick Reply: Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read