kpl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2 day event with GGR PCA at Alameda NAS
Old 06-30-2010, 09:45 AM
mister_2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Class winning run from PITL #3 on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ua-npuH4k
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

We at an autocross at Pungo (VA Beach) today; I'm really happy, it was one of my best ever finishes (4th in pax; 2nd if I give 58/60 pax for street tires- Slantnose's son really kicked *** again). My fastest run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2khINMd7k

Last edited by sjfehr; 07-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:24 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is my today`s run at Devens Moore AFF, NCR auto-x #3, nothing to be especially proud of but it was recorded by AIM Smartycam with ODB2 interface. 3 numbers in line are engine temperature, intake air temperature and MAF sensor data. Rest is pretty much self-explanatory.
It was on suction mount from here:
http://www.filmtools.com/filmtools-i...era-mount.html

So far smartycam prooved itself quite well, can`t wait to take it to a track. Not sure of where windshield mount is allowed and where it`s not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft2_4DTx60w
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM
jmazz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Here is my today`s run at Devens Moore AFF, NCR auto-x #3, nothing to be especially proud of but it was recorded by AIM Smartycam with ODB2 interface. 3 numbers in line are engine temperature, intake air temperature and MAF sensor data. Rest is pretty much self-explanatory.
It was on suction mount from here:
http://www.filmtools.com/filmtools-i...era-mount.html

So far smartycam prooved itself quite well, can`t wait to take it to a track. Not sure of where windshield mount is allowed and where it`s not.
Nice video. I love the data on it. It's nice to look back on the course afterward. Do you have a video of the afternoon? I'm curious what the top speed was before entering the afternoon slalom. I hit the rev limiter there for the first time at Devens.

What is your microphone setup for that video? I hear some audio but not much.

See you in a few weeks,

Jeremy
(silver Cayman with trailer)
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmazz
Nice video. I love the data on it. It's nice to look back on the course afterward. Do you have a video of the afternoon? I'm curious what the top speed was before entering the afternoon slalom. I hit the rev limiter there for the first time at Devens.

What is your microphone setup for that video? I hear some audio but not much.

See you in a few weeks,

Jeremy
(silver Cayman with trailer)
Hey Jeremy, i have not edited rest of stuff i got - just did one clean run and run with 2 spins.
Mic i used was an internal one plus i applied heck of a noise canceling.
But you can hear engine and tires so frankly i think it is enough. I get a lot of hard knocking from somewhere, i guess it is camera mount itself perhaps or suspension sound from frame, not sure. smartycam allows to connect external mic but i did not order it. not sure if i care much about it...

anyway, here is video of my last run in the afternoon with 2 spins - i overheated tires way above normal plus overpushed car too much. tires were at 45psi after that run and very soft at feel instead of 42psi where they were whole day. but straight slalom section was done right i hope.
note what intake air temperature was. it is pretty much CAI. i wonder how good car ran in this scorching heat, i did not expect that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNGGKmWm7g
Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
genikz
Three Wheelin'

PCA-OCR - AAA Speedway - July 18, 2010 - placed 4th overall in the BRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9s1Tm82bjw

Very fun course Dave!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
kpl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last event with the Lotus Club. Trying out some new camera angles

Last edited by kpl; 08-02-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Bad link
Old 08-02-2010, 04:20 PM
GolfTango3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kentucky Region SCCA- Points Event #6
Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 AM
jmazz
Instructor

Here is my best run from the 8/7 NCR PCA event at Devens. The rest of you Zone 1 guys can watch it to prepare for the upcoming event.

My car is a stock 2007 Cayman with Hoosier A6's.

My camera is an Aiptek Hi-Speed 720p with an external mic placed in the center console. My camera mount is still a little rubbery. If I could firm that up my video would look better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw4weWUHO7k
Old 08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Here is my best run from the 8/7 NCR PCA event at Devens. The rest of you Zone 1 guys can watch it to prepare for the upcoming event.

My car is a stock 2007 Cayman with Hoosier A6's.

My camera is an Aiptek Hi-Speed 720p with an external mic placed in the center console. My camera mount is still a little rubbery. If I could firm that up my video would look better.
first PCA event i missed this season, makes me sad... looks like you had a lot of fun.

i see oliver did great and did beat both scruffy and ron. waw.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
jmazz
Instructor

Originally Posted by utkinpol
first PCA event i missed this season, makes me sad... looks like you had a lot of fun.

i see oliver did great and did beat both scruffy and ron. waw.
Yeah, it was a good course. I had cones all morning and that kept me off the podium. Of course it's tough being in a class against a guy that gets FTD in a stock base Boxster on worn out Kumhos. He was definitely very fast that day. He beat my best time by 3 seconds.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Yeah, it was a good course. I had cones all morning and that kept me off the podium. Of course it's tough being in a class against a guy that gets FTD in a stock base Boxster on worn out Kumhos. He was definitely very fast that day. He beat my best time by 3 seconds.
yep, it is just a reality of how little car setup got to do with actual outcome of what we do out there.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

I have no idea how much time I lost by taking the last big slalom on the left. A lot I bet. After coming off the short taxiway I hit the rev limiter shortly after going through the 4 straight gates. Went to third all the way to the Chicago box.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

And he will have brand new A6s for the next event.

Quick Reply: The In-Car Video Thread - 2010