Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

No bass in my 997.1 gt3 - amplifier issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 PM
almsdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bass in my 997.1 gt3 - amplifier issue?

Hi all,
My 997.1 gt3 has stopped playing any bass when playing songs. It would play music but no bass whatsoever, only high frequencies, as if only my tweeters would work. Sounds like a connection or blown fuse issue? I've been driving like that for a while and its driving me nuts!

I was under the old CPO warranty and my dealer told me that Porsche would not cover these types of electrical problems under their old CPO. My car is an 07 and I was told that its the old CPO program that pretty much doesnt cover jack.

So I was considering ordeeing a new amp from Porsche to see of that fixes the issue. I also thought, maybe I could use an aftermarket amp that will fit in perfectly and not require cutting any wires or too much modification? I have the Sound Plus Package.

FYI, I tried searching archives and nothing really came up. I did find a post a while ago where someone replaced their stock GT3 AMP with an aftermarket unit and catlt find the same post again.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Dag Johnsen
Instructor

Go to your dealer
Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been able to hear much of anything over my exhaust, induction, tire roar and gear noise from light weight flywheel and Cup shift cables. It's a GT3!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 AM
almsdriver
Intermediate

Agreed, and that's why I didn't really bother to fix it sooner. Still, it'd be nice to know it works on a long trip or so.
Cheers
Old 06-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Alantan2014
4th Gear

please read the user manuel for the detail.
http://www.autoradiodvdgpstv.com/use...-Manual-H8.rar
hoping this can help you
Old 01-01-2014, 12:17 AM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Audio Innovations in the Sacramento area of California (Roseville to be precise) can make it sound so much better than the lame system that comes in the cars. I have an 07 .1RS, and I changed out every single piece, including replacing the two door/dash speakers with three Hertz, two Focals in the rear area side panels, and two eight-inch subs (perfectly hidden in the wells behind the front seats). Also the 5-ch/500 watt amp went for the Alpine PX-5, and the head unit now is a modern NAV/stereo unit (Kenwood 9800). The difference is phenomenal. Even with the famed "racket" inherent in GT3/RS cars, it shines through. Well worth the effort and expense.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

If the amp is defective, this is an option.

http://www.fastoem.com/categories/Porsche/Amplifiers/
Old 06-23-2015, 07:51 AM
kellymartin612
Advanced

the subwoofer is behind the rear seatbacks (coupes), you can see it with the seats folded down. Not sure where it is on cabs.

i always thought the system was too base heavy, so your sub is probably out.

would be covered under factory warranty.

Quick Reply: No bass in my 997.1 gt3 - amplifier issue?