Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate Washing The Car Myself - Options?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:55 AM
992fan
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hate Washing The Car Myself - Options?

I did a couple car washes myself after buying all the equipment - power washer, soaps, buckets, brushes, etc. etc. I don't see my self continuing to do this. It's physical labor that i don't enjoy. If someone enjoys it, great. But I don't. So how/where do I go to wash my car? There's a place by me that is a "Hand Car Wash." The car goes through a typical car wash bay but apparently no brushes or anything "touch" the car. Water is sprayed and soap is applied. And then some guys will manually apply the soap with cloths and dry the car themselves. Something like that. I don't have PPF or any other coatings. Just raw. I'm not a paint/detail snob like some. Just want a decently clean car regularly and don't want to fck up the paint badly. Thoughts?
The following users liked this post:
BondJ (Today)
Old Today, 11:10 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,933 Likes on 5,203 Posts

Take it to your Porsche dealer and have the wash it.

Bonus ... you get to enjoy the cappuccino machine and warm cookies while you wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Guzzgreg (Today), Shortseller (Today)
Old Today, 11:11 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

Thoughts on what? If you dont want to wash it yourself then either leave it dirty or hire someone to do it or run it though a car wash

There is a 10 page thread on this not far below this one and safe to say, the topic has been thoroughly run through the wash!
solidgranite (Today)
Old Today, 11:39 AM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Get a ceramic coating and then just use a rinseless wash every other week. I barely do it once a month, but it only takes me about 15 minutes. I go to do it yourself bays with Sonax and wheel brush for the wheels.
Old Today, 11:40 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 449 Likes on 205 Posts

I love washing my 911. Wash a full-size truck for a few years and your perspective will change. But yeah just find a good local guy to do it. Hell, pay someone to come to your house and do it. For basic washes, detailers are a dime a dozen.
dg108 (Today)
Old Today, 11:43 AM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Find a good PPF installer and wrap the whole car, then have it ceramic coated, washing will become a thing of the past. I’ve gone over a year without having to wash mine, everything blows or wipes off, no scratches, easy. True story.
Old Today, 12:17 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 615 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Take it to your Porsche dealer and have the wash it.

Bonus ... you get to enjoy the cappuccino machine and warm cookies while you wait.
And If you go on Saturday morning’s it free breakfast too, but a bit busier but you can meet the rest of the local gang.
PHX (Today)
Old Today, 12:19 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,473 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by 992.Turbo.S
Find a good PPF installer and wrap the whole car, then have it ceramic coated, washing will become a thing of the past. I’ve gone over a year without having to wash mine, everything blows or wipes off, no scratches, easy. True story.
How to tell us you don't actually drive your car without telling us you don't drive your car 🙄

Bugs, road grime, rain spots, etc... Do not come off with a simple blow or wipe regardless of your PPF or Ceramic coating.
The following 4 users liked this post by Fishah:
30YrDream (Today), adrianp89 (Today), dixonk (Today), vern1 (Today)
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Realistically if you don't like washing your car, you either need to hire a professional to do it or you need to be ok with micro scratches, swirls, and other flaws that present themselves after frequent automated car washes. Those are the only two options.
Master Deep (Today)
Old Today, 12:22 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,424 Posts

I've always loved washing my cars, sounds like OP is just lazy as the 911 is the easiest car to wash I've ever had. If you don't take pride in your ride then drive it dirty and be done with it.
Guzzgreg (Today)
Old Today, 12:31 PM
dg108
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
I've always loved washing my cars, sounds like OP is just lazy as the 911 is the easiest car to wash I've ever had. If you don't take pride in your ride then drive it dirty and be done with it.
Only car I've had any easier is the wife's Boxster!
Old Today, 12:31 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 65 Posts

Yep. It's a 911, not a Chevy Suburban. Go get it ceramic coated and give it a quick hand wash every couple weeks. Great opportunity to find chips, scratches & dings.
Or...Just hire a mobile detailer!

I'm not sure the OP was serious...
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,426 Likes on 826 Posts

Lazy? Wtf? He doesn't enjoy it...why should he do it? Nothing to do with lazy? Lot of homeowners out there don't mow their own lawns...they are all lazy too huh?

Gtfo
needmoregarage (Today)
Old Today, 12:35 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
How to tell us you don't actually drive your car without telling us you don't drive your car 🙄

Bugs, road grime, rain spots, etc... Do not come off with a simple blow or wipe regardless of your PPF or Ceramic coating.
I agree. I have both and still need to wash.

30 minutes using a no rinse PPF product. Still physical, but less time...
Old Today, 12:45 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Lot of homeowners out there don't mow their own lawns...they are all lazy too huh?
100%

Quick Reply: Hate Washing The Car Myself - Options?