Sponsored by:

Quick Jack 7000

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:29 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by js997
has anyone removed a transmission on a boxster/cayman with this? does it have enough height?
When you use the adapters, yes !
Old 07-21-2017, 01:57 AM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Any new quickjack owners? I still haven't bite the bullet, but anyone buy when we were talking in May? If so, what are your thoughts?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:51 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Will the 7000 slip under a 997RS and a 997 turbo?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

I hate to be "that guy" but really try for a 2 post lift. You would be surprised where they can fit. I have mine in a 9' tall garage, which is pretty low. You can lift the car high enough to sit comfortably under it with a rolling stool, and do basically anything. It's a real lift - mine's a Titan and I paid like 1500 for it brand new. 9000 pounds.

With a 9' ceiling I can lift such that I have about 4'-6 to 5' underneath. Enough to park another car, and there are no scissor ramps or gear on the sides.

It's freaky enough to be working under mine....I could not imagine being under a quick jack it would be like a cage with a huge weight overhead......

Just saying.
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:30 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

💯 agreement! For serious work 2 post. For regular playing around work any jack will do. I have a two post. I have removed my engine, suspension etc.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:34 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Just to add a note to his, we've had individuals successfully remove engines and do "serious" work with the QJ. I, personally, have as well. I agree, a 2 post is very handy, but when it comes to not having head room or the room in the garage for one, the QJ supplies just this. I don't have head room thanks to storage units on the ceiling. Plus, I can move it and store it out of the way when I'm done using it. Also, they're portable so you can take them to the track with you and anywhere else (maybe a friends house that needs help with DIY work). The units are also VERY safe. Not only do they have automatic locking arms, they have a dual locking position and have 14 gauge welded steel frames. You can read more information about their design and product HERE. There are many benefits for the QJ solution, and the above are only just a few.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Catorce
Banned

If you don't have the height, you don't have the height. I get it. I am not knocking the product, but that picture shows exactly why you want to stretch for a 2 post if you can.

The entire rear bumper had to be removed because you don't have the height to drop the motor out the bottom.

If you can't fit a 2 post, then the QJ is better than nothing. If you are at all on the fence and can fit the 2 post - GET IT.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 215 Posts

Another great option is the Danmar Maxjax MX6 portable two post lift. I have seen it recently installed in a customers garage (limited height)... Very stable and well built.

Catorce has posted a similar picture.. He even had to pour two new footing/slab pads!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 215 Posts

Note: it looks like the Titan lift is cable operated. The Maxjax MX6 is all hydraulic with auto/locking safety locks. Very smooth operation>> up and down..
Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i want one of these so bad.

I assume the quick jack has the ability to move the jack placement based on the type of car, correct?

I would never get under anything without safety. Where do you guys place the jackstands as a precaution when using this?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Catorce
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin
Note: it looks like the Titan lift is cable operated. The Maxjax MX6 is all hydraulic with auto/locking safety locks. Very smooth operation>> up and down..

My Titan is 100% hydraulic; the cables are for safety to ensure both arms rise up at the same speed. Each column has two large hydraulic rams inside and of course it has locks.

It's identical to one you would find within an auto shop except for two things: 1 it is not as tall, and 2 it is not as wide.

Correct, I needed to pour 6" of reinforced concrete, 3000 PSI. That was the spec the MFG called for. I have 9 Porsches and I do all my own work, the lift is in use almost constantly. No time for toys like the MaxJax (considered it, but didn't like the separate reservoir and lines all over the place).

I also had to wire up the lift for 240, which is another expense.

So far, 1 year and almost daily use, no issues. Left a car at the top level with one car below for an entire month when i was in Europe, didn't move an inch.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:25 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
i want one of these so bad.

I assume the quick jack has the ability to move the jack placement based on the type of car, correct?

I would never get under anything without safety. Where do you guys place the jackstands as a precaution when using this?
There is a little ability to move the blocks to adjust to the lifting points. That is why you need to measure your jacking point distance from the front one to the rear one before purchasing. Then, you need to pick the compatible jack. I believe the 5000 and 7000 unit maximum jack pad spread is about 60". You can view the range you have with our video here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...pak-detail.htm. The 5000 and 7000 unit should work for your 997.

Here is the QJ stability test, so you can get an idea:
Old 07-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ahh so you need two of these, not one???

My uncle had a two post lift purchased and installed for under $2k. So if I need two of these I'd go for the two post.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:34 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
ahh so you need two of these, not one???

My uncle had a two post lift purchased and installed for under $2k. So if I need two of these I'd go for the two post.
2 of the QJ's? No, when you purchase one unit it comes with both the left and right lifting units. May have confused you from my post. I was saying that the overall frame length of both the BL-5000SLX and BL-7000SLX units should be compatible for your 997, meaning you could go up to the 7000lb capacity unit if you want to use it on other vehicles that weigh more. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:05 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
2 of the QJ's? No, when you purchase one unit it comes with both the left and right lifting units. May have confused you from my post. I was saying that the overall frame length of both the BL-5000SLX and BL-7000SLX units should be compatible for your 997, meaning you could go up to the 7000lb capacity unit if you want to use it on other vehicles that weigh more. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Any promo right now for a QJ?

Quick Reply: Quick Jack 7000