Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:30 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I like the chimps but unfortunately they are associated to what looks like some really bad business practices. Perhaps they can show up when no one is being ripped off. Glad to hear that (almost) everything worked out for Jay, but sorry to hear about the Corvette owner. Zero sum game.

This company might be sitting in some stock right now, and might resurface in a couple of years, perhaps under a different brand?
Old 01-10-2017, 02:22 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RATBOYUSN
Howdy P-car drivers. I'm making a courtesy post on Rennlist as a Corvette Forum member on my experience with RTF. This is a follow-up post from page 26 (post #389) on this thread. It's a long post if you are willing to read in great detail. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...xperience.html

"Donnie and Raz, you Gawd-Damn Sums-a- Bitches...booyyys, when I find your Daddies...I'm gonna kick'em square in the #$&% LOINS!!! You piece of %! &¥# and %=#!+&* dog %#/!!!!"

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-10-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

@rat why did they close your thread? Very detailed post. If you still never got them, just call the police.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 AM
altesporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Jason,

We issued you a refund on 8-1-16. Heres a copy of the refund that was approved and retuned to your card.

l
that's just an invoice from your invoicing system, not an actual transaction refund.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM
RATBOYUSN
8th Gear

@jason:
I have no idea why the Admin closed the thread. Perhaps since RTF wasn't a forum sponsor any longer, he does not feel it is pertinent to allow others to respond.

It appears as if the thread has been reopened as of this morning though...
Old 01-10-2017, 02:20 PM
cakM3
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

First I'd like to say I'm sorry this has happened to so many people across multiple platforms. It is very unfortunate to see but threads like these are a valuable service to others who use forums to learn more about their desired platforms.

It would be nice to see all involved get reimbursed....
Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@jason:
I have no idea why the Admin closed the thread. Perhaps since RTF wasn't a forum sponsor any longer, he does not feel it is pertinent to allow others to respond.

@ratboy, Sorry to hear about your experience with these clowns. I read your post. It's the same **** that they pull with everyone. Same lines, same BS excuses. I was shaking my head when reading it. It's probably time to pursue legal means of trying to get your money back. You don't want these cast pieces of crap anyway.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@jason:

I think your post is still closed? Maybe you should PM the moderator, ask him why, advise him that there are still $25,000 (5 or more consumers and growing) still chasing RTF for a return of their funds, and include the "THE SMOKING GUN FOR RACE TECH FORGED" link on page 10 of this thread in your PM for him to review, remind him that RTM is still casting a net out there for new victims, these wheels can kill drivers, and we have a responsibility to not just stand by and watch.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:50 PM
RATBOYUSN
8th Gear

Originally Posted by garyever
I think your post is still closed? Maybe you should PM the moderator, ask him why, advise him that there are still $25,000 (5 or more consumers and growing) still chasing RTF for a return of their funds, and include the "THE SMOKING GUN FOR RACE TECH FORGED" link on page 10 of this thread in your PM for him to review, remind him that RTM is still casting a net out there for new victims, these wheels can kill drivers, and we have a responsibility to not just stand by and watch.
Inquiry made Gary...
Old 01-10-2017, 11:55 PM
RATBOYUSN
8th Gear

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
@ratboy, Sorry to hear about your experience with these clowns. I read your post. It's the same **** that they pull with everyone. Same lines, same BS excuses. I was shaking my head when reading it. It's probably time to pursue legal means of trying to get your money back. You don't want these cast pieces of crap anyway.
Thanks Jay, that will likely be my next move.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

~ An R&D engineering for DOD contractor.

If RTF (or their vendor) is ISO 9001 certified - they will have the proper documentation necessary to prove their wheels are forged. They will have an internal procedure that is revision controlled and has been approved by their upper management. Not only will they have this procedure, they'll a traveler/router that links the manufacturing process to the goods sold. This traveler will document the manufacturing processes - which should follow their approved procedure - and tracks information like which of their work stations were used, employee id, run time, etc.

It should be very easy for RTF or any of their ISO certified vendors to disprove any accusation that their product is not forged. RTF claims all of their wheels are serialized which implies they are maintaining tractability - they can show you their PO for the materials used, processes, their own inspection documentation, etc. It is apart of document control for ISO 9001 certification.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:48 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

You lost Race Tech at 'ISO'.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:00 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alan C.
You lost Race Tech at 'ISO'.
I'm wondering why they didn't put the story to bed from the get go if they're iso certified. A lot of companies list themselves as ISO 'compliant' without ever the intention of getting certified and can get away with a lot of crap/cut corners. This could be the case.
To maintain ISO 9001, they have to conform to the newest 2015 standard by March of this year. Which means they should be prepared for an audit very soon and an exercise like this should've been a cake walk.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:00 AM
RATBOYUSN
8th Gear

The address that was provided to me by RTF was listed as:
5200 East 60th Street
Maywood, CA 90270
United States

When I look that addy up in Google Maps, Regal Machine and Engineering is at that location. Regal's website states the following in the top right corner of their main page:
"Certified Quality Managment System
AS9100 Rev C and ISO 9001:2008
Certificate No: 1404"

"World class manufacturer of components and assemblies for the aerospace and defense industry"

Could this mean that RTF subcontracts Regal to manufacture these wheels? If Regal is somehow involved everything mentioned by sweet victory could be true and should be able to debunk or confirm the lab tests independently done as reported by garyever.

Another strange thing is that Regals website does not mention RTF ANYWHERE as a customer or as a vendor. So, who is/are making these wheels for RTF?
Old 01-11-2017, 01:27 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

If Regal is acting as a job shop for RTF, RTF would've sent a detailed drawing with all of their requirements on a PO. The job shop would have a job/work order number that their shop used to clock onto and RTF's PO number.

Regal could be a vendor, or it's possible that both companies are owned by the same individual who's hobby involves motorsport. What aerospace/dod supplier is going to interrupt production to run a $2000ish job? It could just be the owner/machinist doing this as a gig on the weekend.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000